Teenage You

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I want us all to jump in our time machines and head back to that magical time(at least for me) when you were a teenager, in your room, laying on the bed thinking or whatever the hell you were doing...what Album was on repeat?

For me, I was in High School from 99-2003.

My favorite albums were:

Linkin Park-"Hybrid Theory"

Good Goo Dolls-"A Boy Named Goo" & "Dizzy Up The Girl"

Third Eye Blind-"Third Eye Blind"

But the album that stood out the most and that I listened to over and over and over, burning out the eye on my CD player...

Blink 182-"Enema of the State"

If you were a Blink fan or a fan of that genre in general, you could listen to it front to back. I would sit in my room and draw or work out with my 20lb dumb bells. Lol and just listen.

Today me and the wife headed up to Costco and I realized she had my Blink 182 cd in her car. I put it in. It was scratched to shit, being over 20 years old. Sounded great and took me right back to those years...just laying on my bead, staring at the ceiling, absorbing it all. Great shit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If I had the opportunity to meet my teen self, I’d smack her and tell her to stop being a c u n t.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pearl Jam Ten
Use Your Illusion 1&2 GnR
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge Van Halen
Coolie High Harmony Boyz II Men
We Can’t Be Stopped Geto Boys
Black Album Metallica

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My teen self had the drug talk with my parents high from some Humbolt my mom's youngest brother sent home with me after spending the last month of summer up there visiting him.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I was a skater use to watch 411VM back in the day, and turntablism was a huge interest of mine.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pink Floyd - "The Wall"
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
The Smiths - "Meat is Murder"
Miles Davis - "Kind of Blue"
REM - "The Reckoning" or "Murmur"

I wore those albums out on a daily basis.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pearl Jam Ten
Use Your Illusion 1&2 GnR
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge Van Halen
Coolie High Harmony Boyz II Men
We Can’t Be Stopped Geto Boys
Black Album Metallica
That's a fuckin mix there! Lol

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
If I had the opportunity to meet my teen self, I’d smack her and tell her to stop being a c u n t.
Well, did that bitch listen to any good music? Lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I don't know if this is the right thread to post this in (something you are embarrassed to admit). Two soundtracks that I had on repeat, trying to sing was Grease and Saturday Night Fever......I did the strut with John Travolta and I sang to Olivia Newton John, You're the One That I want...believe me, I wanted "to feel my way."

*Goes to YouTube...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My favorite albums were:
Nantucket Sleighride/ Mountain
Machine Head / Deep Purple
Demons and Wizards / Uriah Heep

Hobbies were;
Motorcycles /Dirt /Mountain/ Street bikes/ 2 stroke Suzuki's & Yamaha's

Advise to late teenage self:
Live for the present ! Strive to make continuous sound good decisions on all things!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Based on this pretty specific description of yours @Juggs this would have been before I was able to drive. That's the only time I can remember staring at my ceiling in my room listening to music that I actually picked (not the radio) to play.

I had an actual record player in my room. You young-ins have probably never seen one of those in person. I had a few albums that I remember playing on the reg.

Journey - Escape
Toto - Toto IV
REO Speedwagon - Hi Infidelity

I didn't have a tremendous selection of albums. These had multiple good songs on them though.

My days of staring at the ceiling listening to the same shit ended once I started driving.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on this pretty specific description of yours @Juggs this would have been before I was able to drive. That's the only time I can remember staring at my ceiling in my room listening to music that I actually picked (not the radio) to play.

I had an actual record player in my room. You young-ins have probably never seen one of those in person. I had a few albums that I remember playing on the reg.

Journey - Escape
Toto - Toto IV
REO Speedwagon - Hi Infidelity

I didn't have a tremendous selection of albums. These had multiple good songs on them though.

My days of staring at the ceiling listening to the same shit ended once I started driving.
You don't know how great the Glenn Dorsey Orchestra sounds like on a 78 record, young bastids ~ Selassie

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
A number of Rush albums with Moving Pictures on top
About a half dozen Yes albums
AC/DC Back in Black
Black Sabbath - Sabotage and Mob Rules
Pretty much anything by Pink Floyd from Meddle to The Wall
Pretty much everything by Led Zeppelin
The Who, Who Are You, Who's Next, and Quadrophenia
Aerosmith Toys in the Attic and Rocks

... damn, my generation had it good when it comes to music.

A shitload of weed, sometimes with my stepdad who was a lifelong smoker. Crazy, hazy days.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Since no one else has put this out there, guess I will.
The early teenage years were far better for some than others. My father was a Jekyl & Hyde, great guy to his friends & workmates, a monster to his wife (my mom) and myself. The only thing he taught me was fear, and this coming from a brilliant man who graduated PhiBetaKappa from USC with a degree in Education. He had completed his Masters, also in Education and was working on a Doctorate at the time of his death. He was also having an affair with a 22 year old girl which started when she was 17, who happened to be my adopted sisters best friend and schoolmate, until his death from a motorcycle accident in 1969. His mistress basically became a family member. I was 16 when I took my first breath without worrying about my mom, or myself for that matter. There was no real music or friends in my home until he died, my only outlet was smoking pot beginning at 15 with a buddy down the street. Now free at 16, I went wild, experimenting with everything, my life changed 100% and I moved out on my own at 17 after graduating, and i'm not sure to this day how I managed that as out of control as I got. Even with this, I measure my survival with those who grew up even worse off, and give thanks.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Since no one else has put this out there, guess I will.
The early teenage years were far better for some than others. My father was a Jekyl & Hyde, great guy to his friends & workmates, a monster to his wife (my mom) and myself. The only thing he taught me was fear, and this coming from a brilliant man who graduated PhiBetaKappa from USC with a degree in Education. He had completed his Masters, also in Education and was working on a Doctorate at the time of his death. He was also having an affair with a 22 year old girl which started when she was 17, who happened to be my adopted sisters best friend and schoolmate, until his death from a motorcycle accident in 1969. His mistress basically became a family member. I was 16 when I took my first breath without worrying about my mom, or myself for that matter. There was no real music or friends in my home until he died, my only outlet was smoking pot beginning at 15 with a buddy down the street. Now free at 16, I went wild, experimenting with everything, my life changed 100% and I moved out on my own at 17 after graduating, and i'm not sure to this day how I managed that as out of control as I got. Even with this, I measure my survival with those who grew up even worse off, and give thanks.

Geez....who brought the good news bear? Lol jp jp.

That's tough. Through it all, you found your way to the best fandom in football!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Geez....who brought the good news bear? Lol jp jp.

That's tough. Through it all, you found your way to the best fandom in football!

Everyone has a story, and I certainly didn't mean to harsh on a great thread, this was only meant to show that we can grow up with bad times and recover enough to move on to better things. I have happened to live a pretty long life and now have many stories in me, some more pleasant than others, probably not unlike many of you.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
High school years. 72-76

Albums I bought in order
Carpenters, A Song for You.
Grand Funk Railroad. We're an American Band
Deep Purple. Dark Side of the Moon. (I still have this album.)

After that, I stopped buying albums for years. All my friends bought them and I spent most of my time at their house. No need to buy something I wouldn't listen to at home.

Had an 8 track in the car, with Simon and Garfunkel, Bridge over Troubled Waters, Which I played the hell out of. And Crosby, Stills Nash, and Young. Deja Vu.

The beer of choice was "Old Style" A Wisconsin beer. Would put it in the snowbank while we were at the high school dance. The drinking age was 18. But I had been buying beer in the stores since I was 15. They were a bit lax on enforcement back then.