Superpowers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just like the Genie and the three wishes, he always gets you with the fine print.

Invisibility:The problem with this one is that if you get hurt while invisible, no one can see you to help you. They also can't see you when doing dangerous shit. I remember a movie where the invisible died alone and unseen.

Mind reading: Stephen King wrote a story about this that starred Christopher Walken in the movie version. You CAN'TTURN the noise off! And, it will most likely make you the a misanthrope for life.

Flying: Since you have to will yourself not to fly, what if your depth perception goes to shyte? You aren't invulnerable and gravity still works when you turn it off...how many times will you turn it off when you are sick and fall from 50 ft instead of the 5 feet your sick mind perceived it to be?

Speed: Sounds good unless your partner was expecting the tortoise and got the hare at night?

Time Bending/Freezing: I would like this more than invisibility or speed. You could leisurely go into a drug dealers house and take his money and destroy the heroin/crystal meth.... But same as invisibility, you disappear forever if you get stuck in time and and can't go back to normal. (See Twilight Zone)

Invincibilty is the best and you most likely live forever in health.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just like the Genie and the three wishes, he always gets you with the fine print.

Invisibility:The problem with this one is that if you get hurt while invisible, no one can see you to help you. They also can't see you when doing dangerous shit. I remember a movie where the invisible died alone and unseen.

Mind reading: Stephen King wrote a story about this that starred Christopher Walken in the movie version. You CAN'TTURN the noise off! And, it will most likely make you the a misanthrope for life.

Flying: Since you have to will yourself not to fly, what if your depth perception goes to shyte? You aren't invulnerable and gravity still works when you turn it off...how many times will you turn it off when you are sick and fall from 50 ft instead of the 5 feet your sick mind perceived it to be?

Speed: Sounds good unless your partner was expecting the tortoise and got the hare at night?

Time Bending/Freezing: I would like this more than invisibility or speed. You could leisurely go into a drug dealers house and take his money and destroy the heroin/crystal meth.... But same as invisibility, you disappear forever if you get stuck in time and and can't go back to normal. (See Twilight Zone)

Invincibilty is the best and you most likely live forever in health.

Or you run through people while in super speed mode and splatter their remains all over you and other people. See A-Train killing Hughie's girlfriend in the opening part of The Boys, for an example that.

As for invincibility? Hah! Good luck trying to avoid becoming a science experiment after the government tracks you. Then they'll experiment, see if you can still feel pain from invincibility. You'll lose your family, your friends, everything you love.

Yeah, I don't particularly care for invincibility myself. That's why I'll just have my 3D-holographic copy power. No fine print there; I can take whatever happens there. :p

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or you run through people while in super speed mode and splatter their remains all over you and other people. See A-Train killing Hughie's girlfriend in the opening part of The Boys, for an example that.

As for invincibility? Hah! Good luck trying to avoid becoming a science experiment after the government tracks you. Then they'll experiment, see if you can still feel pain from invincibility. You'll lose your family, your friends, everything you love.

Yeah, I don't particularly care for invincibility myself. That's why I'll just have my 3D-holographic copy power. No fine print there; I can take whatever happens there. :p
Invincibilty doesn't mean broadcasting that fact. Tell no one and be like the Highlander, moving from place to place and into new lives when the old one was no longer possible. Unlike the Highlander, no other immortal is trying to chop your head off!

Memento

Name
Jemma
Invincibilty doesn't mean broadcasting that fact. Tell no one and be like the Highlander, moving from place to place and into new lives when the old one was no longer possible. Unlike the Highlander, no other immortal is trying to chop your head off!

I'm pretty sure the government could tell if you're faking your supposed death. Even moving from place to place doesn't stop that; you'd need to pay taxes, pay for food/utilities/household stuff. You'd have to get everything in cash, but even then, there's going to be security cameras that will show your face, you won't be able to alter your fingerprints, etc.

Invincibility is not a cool power.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pretty sure the government could tell if you're faking your supposed death. Even moving from place to place doesn't stop that; you'd need to pay taxes, pay for food/utilities/household stuff. You'd have to get everything in cash, but even then, there's going to be security cameras that will show your face, you won't be able to alter your fingerprints, etc.

Invincibility is not a cool power.
Totally disagree, it's the best power! It is harder to get by without a social security number but it can be done. If there is no social security number and you know how to earn money in a underground fashion, the govt. won't know you exist if you don't pay taxes. Or, you steal a dead person's social security number and create an identity in that way. Fingerprints are useless unless you get arrested and even then, those prints don't connect with anything if they were never taken before. Even if you go to jail, trhey can't kep you forever and you'll get out and change identity again or go to another country. Easy peasy...

Memento

Name
Jemma
Totally disagree, it's the best power! It is harder to get by without a social security number but it can be done. If there is no social security number and you know how to earn money in a underground fashion, the govt. won't know you exist if you don't pay taxes. Or, you steal a dead person's social security number and create an identity in that way. Fingerprints are useless unless you get arrested and even then, those prints don't connect with anything if they were never taken before. Even if you go to jail, trhey can't kep you forever and you'll get out and change identity again or go to another country. Easy peasy...

Well, even disregarding all of these factors...you'll get lonely. Almost every human being craves interaction with other human beings; that's pretty much a scientific fact. So you're either going to get lonely as hell for the rest of your unending life (which opens up a hell of another can of worms) or you'll have to leave the friends you make - hell, maybe family if you're not careful enough - behind.

So that falls into the whole loneliness factor. If your friends want you to be with them...well, your life would be extremely boring if you didn't do human things, so you'll probably be with them, doing human things.

Or you could just be the crotchety person. Forever. Unending.

I don't see that as a cool power, and that's coming from someone who has only two irl friends (although I do have a lot of online friends).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, even disregarding all of these factors...you'll get lonely. Almost every human being craves interaction with other human beings; that's pretty much a scientific fact. So you're either going to get lonely as hell for the rest of your unending life (which opens up a hell of another can of worms) or you'll have to leave the friends you make - hell, maybe family if you're not careful enough - behind.

So that falls into the whole loneliness factor. If your friends want you to be with them...well, your life would be extremely boring if you didn't do human things, so you'll probably be with them, doing human things.

Or you could just be the crotchety person. Forever. Unending.

I don't see that as a cool power, and that's coming from someone who has only two irl friends (although I do have a lot of online friends).
It is a consideration, but being invisible to the govt doesn't mean that you don;t have friends. You could live with or know friends for decades before situations have to change. It's not perfect, but no super power is...perfect.

Memento

Name
Jemma
It is a consideration, but being invisible to the govt doesn't mean that you don;t have friends. You could live with or know friends for decades before situations have to change. It's not perfect, but no super power is...perfect.

Agreed, no super power is perfect. Super powers make things very, very complicated. Imagining malevolent people with super powers with nobody to stop them (i.e., Homelander/Stormfront from The Boys, Dr. Manhattan from Watchman, any super villain with super powers, etc., etc., and so forth) is a scary thing. I'm happy enough to put super powers into my stories, but I wouldn't want the monsters I write to become real.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Telekinesis ... while I’m in the stands the Rams would never get beaten again ...

And yet the opposing side will likely have a telekinetic person; every super hero has a supervillain, after all.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK... I'll play. I'm going with wealth. I like being me but I would really like being able to set up endowments to take care of my future generations and pay people to clean up and maintain natural areas, fund local start ups, essentially just pay people to make this country (the greatest country) and other truly struggling countries better for all man kind. I would also do away with income tax.

Of course I might have to add total awareness or the divinity power so that I could rid the world of those that would take advantage. I have zero patience for those that want to screw others to get a leg up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd pick something original because I can: three-dimensional holographic projection of inanimate objects. Think about anything in the world. Money. TVs, gaming systems, and games. Front row tickets to Rams games. I could literally project copies that are exactly like the original, and they would work exactly like the original would.

You might have tickets, but what if someone is in your seats?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Does healing include teeth? Because I got a hole in one of my rear crowns that looks like a feckin chestburster came out of it, and there's no dentist open till Monday here in rural ass Washington.... So if so I choose that one, never having to deal with the Dentist or Doctor again is worth it. Only Doc I wanna see is in the mirror.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would pick the ability to understand women. Then I’d take it my grave.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I would pick the ability to understand women. Then I’d take it my grave.

Ah, yes, understanding women. Men can't do it, so I see genderbending in your future. :p

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Choosing one of the choices id go with divinity. Having a superpower would be fun but if I'm going to have powers I don't want a weakness. Being omnipotent is my #1 choice. Pretty certain that I'm a good enough person that I wouldn't do bad shit. Time control but my own version would be my next choice.