Sources say Jason Jones deal may be done tonight.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
steferfootball said:
Will he be the defensive tackle we have all dreamed of for a decade? Please make it so!

This guy can seriously collapse pockets. We still need a run stuffer if this happens. I'm very optimistic.

Anonymous

steferfootball said:
Will he be the defensive tackle we have all dreamed of for a decade? Please make it so!

No. Or not really. Fred Robbins in 2010 was though.

Jones is a good signing but he's an undersized, 275 pound disruptive 3-tech guy who can really bring it. But he's not a great all-around DT. For this to work they will need a solid, bulky 4/3 NT type next to him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pursuing Winston now.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
DR RAM said:
Pursuing Winston now.

And Terry Porter

How did the Redskins sign Garcon and Morgan with the cap penalty they received????

Anonymous

superfan24 said:
Hell ya Snead!!!!! Lovin this guy already. Makin up for the Bartell release!!!!

I don't think it has anything to do with Snead, really. I think this is all Fisher. Bartell was a good coverage corner and got 6.5 M a year. He was drafted in 2005. Finnegan's first 3 years average 11 M a year. He was drafted in 2006. Bartell missed 2011, but the injury did not require surgery and when it heals it heals--there's no structural risk. In essence it is a lateral move.

That tells me that this whole thing was about Fisher wanting his guy. Which is okay. That helps orient a team. When Robbins was healthy in 2010, it help the Spags D.

But also, that's all it is. In essence an expensive lateral move so Fisher can have his own defensive guy.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:
Pursuing Winston now.

And Terry Porter

How did the Redskins sign Garcon and Morgan with the cap penalty they received????

Teams always find a way to work around that. The penalty definitely hurt them tho. If they didnt get it, then I think they land Vincent Jackson. This was Plan B.

I remember people being really suprised that the Eagles could sign all the FAs they did last year and make it work just fine, especially if you have a smart, really good numbers crunching/contract guy then you can make it work.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Former Titans CB Cortland Finnegan and DL Jason Jones are "in the building" at Rams Park, coach Jeff Fisher said Wednesday morning. The Finnegan deal is being finalized with some "i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed," Fisher said. Jones is still being recruited and neither Fisher nor GM Les Snead want Jones to leave St. Louis without a deal in place.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17791

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Jones is also visiting Seattle. Where he would play DE.

Steven3k

UDFA
Name
Steven
Hopefully Pete the Cheat never gets the chance. I was hoping to wake up today to some good news, but it's been quite so far. C'mon Rams, get this man signed!! :crossed:

superfan24

Starter
Steven39 said:
Hopefully Pete the Cheat never gets the chance. I was hoping to wake up today to some good news, but it's been quite so far. C'mon Rams, get this man signed!! :crossed:

Prolly gonna pull the same antics as USC. Money under the table. :what:

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I was under the impression Jason Jones had already left StL for Seattle. Apparently not

JT:
DL Jason Jones having fun tonight in Stl: dinner w/new Rams CB & former Titans teammate Cortland Finnegan. But Jones still may visit Seattle

bluecoconuts

Legend
libertadrocks said:
I was under the impression Jason Jones had already left StL for Seattle. Apparently not

JT:
DL Jason Jones having fun tonight in Stl: dinner w/new Rams CB & former Titans teammate Cortland Finnegan. But Jones still may visit Seattle

Well that's good he hasn't left yet. Hopefully he'll sign something either tonight or tomorrow before the flight. I hate to see guys we want go to the Seahags. :sick: