So ... what kind of fan are you?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What 'type' of fan are you?

• Homer (Don't talk shit about my team in any capacity)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Apologist (There's an answer or reason for just about everything)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Apolorealist (I know when guys are bad, but I don't like to rail on 'em)

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Realist (I just call it like I see it, so ... sorry if that offends)

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • Dick (I don't care if I hurt your feelings. You need to hear the *truth*)

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'm an Apolrealist(this rolls off the tongue better to me). I know when guy are bad, but that doesn't mean they can't improve. I hate it when I see ppl say "He will never..." or "He will always be..", especially when referring to the young guys.

Also, those that consider themselves between realist and dick should just admit it and click dick. Trying to justify yourself because you feel offended, ehh :ww:

im-not-fat-im-thick-honey.jpg

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Pretty sure I'm like all of those mixed together lol :tooth:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I choose realist but as stated by others dependent on the situation that can change

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

100% homer.

Until things go pear shaped.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'd like to think of myself as an aporealist, but in reality I'm more of an apologist/homer.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I think I'm a realist.

When I get frustrated watching a player, I can't help voicing my displeasure. No one wants the Rams to win more than this fan of 50 years, and hanging on to subpar players just drives me crazy. So I tell it like I see it. But I do feel bad if other Rams fans are offended. We are all together in this quest for a winning team.

And I don't like unfair nasty criticism of clearly talented players like Bradford. Some posters are just plain naysayers with a condescending attitude. I guess that's how they get their kicks. To me that's way over the line of being a true Rams fan.

Don't candy coat the situation, but if there is promise say that too.

duckhunter

Starter
I prefer to be called a prick. I think it is more politically correct and has a better ring to it. :boing:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think I cycle through all of them depending on mood and how I feel about a player or the team at any given time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:
I think I cycle through all of them depending on mood and how I feel about a player or the team at any given time.
So you're a fickle dick. Good to know.

sent via Tapatalk.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I think I fit in the Aporealist group. But Brokeu probably said it best.
brokeu91 said:
I'd like to think of myself as an aporealist, but in reality I'm more of an apologist/homer.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I chose apolorealist, but I don't ever consider myself to be one to apologize for anyone's stupid, and to know me you would know that the brain mouth filter certainly lacks any finesse in that regard.

So I guess I can be pragmatic and detached, but I'm a problem solver and I despise when people fly off on emotional tantrums that don't solve anything.

That said I've never played, coached or scouted football, I just just love the game, so when I come here I love to learn and I'm fascinated by a lot of people's thoughts on the team I've become a fan of.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Zaphod said:
I chose apolorealist, but I don't ever consider myself to be one to apologize for anyone's stupid, and to know me you would know that the brain mouth filter certainly lacks any finesse in that regard.

So I guess I can be pragmatic and detached, but I'm a problem solver and I despise when people fly off on emotional tantrums that don't solve anything.

That said I've never played, coached or scouted football, I just just love the game, so when I come here I love to learn and I'm fascinated by a lot of people's thoughts on the team I've become a fan of.
Good post. And yeah, irrationality bugs the hell out of me too. I tend to try to find reasons for things that go awry as opposed to arbitrarily assigning blame where it probably doesn't belong. That said, I can certainly be wrong at times, and I have no problem admitting it when I am. I like to err on the side of positivity too.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
PhxRam said:

You gonna let him call you that Paulie? :sly:

And no Phx - you're not the only dick here. I just try not to be so on a Rams board - especially this one. I save that for when I really need to be or want to screw with some troll.

I would consider myself an Optorealist. I am very optomistic when it comes to my Rams but also look at reality. This is a team game but there are lots of times when individuals can sink your team. I will call them out if I see fit. But I generally won't be a dick about it.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I chose dick, because when i talk to people and they are making excuses it pisses me off, but i am also a homer and i always try and have an excuse...lol so im somewhat of a hybrid....

V3

Hall of Fame
Is there any difference, going by your definitions, between Dick and Realist? Both are just telling the truth according to your definition, regardless of feelings. Might as well just combine the two. Dicklist? Realdick? :cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
V3 said:
Is there any difference, going by your definitions, between Dick and Realist? Both are just telling the truth according to your definition, regardless of feelings. Might as well just combine the two. Dicklist? Realdick? :cheese:
Apolorealdickagist.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've been a Ram now for 40 years,,, never wavered even through the really really fucked-up times. So that has to make me somewhat of a homer,,, or at least humble. :sly:

There have been times when I've been all of the above. The majority of the time I'd have to consider myself a realist, and homer the least of the time.

Always Loyal, no matter what mood I'm in.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm like many here because I range the whole spectrum. I vote Apolorealist but I'm more a Chameleon. During a game, I'm an insane HOMER and will stay that way until the end even if we are down 15 points at the two minute warning. I still believe there is some kind of miracle that can happen to tie the game. After the game, I become an apologist for the situations that transpired unfavorably for our Rams trying to rationalize our shortcomings that day. By the time I wind down, I've become a realist and will digress to a dick if I then encounter an apologist that is trying to stay a homer. Get it?

had

Rookie
I went with realist. But maybe I'm a homer. And I am certainly a dick.

Really I think you need a couple more options. 1) Garbage fan: likes the team, but when they suck for a while (or 10 years) just trashes the team and calls them garbage (this describes my best buddy growing up). And 2) feckless fan: has only one team, the Rams, but falls into an abyss of depression on Sundays watching the Rams doormat their way into oblivion, and then pretends that the NFL doesn't even exist anymore (me).

I think there are probably more options you could put out there. The highly offended fan, the butt hurt fan. I don't know. Good topic.