So ... what kind of fan are you?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What 'type' of fan are you?

• Homer (Don't talk shit about my team in any capacity)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Apologist (There's an answer or reason for just about everything)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Apolorealist (I know when guys are bad, but I don't like to rail on 'em)

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Realist (I just call it like I see it, so ... sorry if that offends)

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • Dick (I don't care if I hurt your feelings. You need to hear the *truth*)

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't know if I captured ALL of the classifications here, but I tried. Just trying to get a feel for how everyone views the team and what their own personal definition of "fan" means to them. If you feel like there is no clear choice up there, feel free to add one expand upon it. I figured it might be cool to see how people's minds work around here.

Me? I'm an apolorealist (and not because I'm trying to coin the phrase) :lol:

I get kind of offended when I hear (see) people railing on our players unfairly, so it puts me in this defensive mode where I dig deep to defend said player and offer a different POV about why he's struggling, or why he's not living up to someone else's expectations. BUT. At the same time, I think I know when a player is not going to be a permanent fixture on this team. That said, I try not to deride or degrade that player because I know there are other posters who like that guy. Then there are other players who we ALL know are bad, and those guys are fair game to everyone (Lawrence Phillips, Jason Sehorn, Drew Bennett, Craig Dahl, etc).

So? Where do you fit in?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I picked realist. Which probably has a lot to do with what I do for a living.

I don't like sticking my head in the sand on an issue or observation.

That said; when it comes to football... I'm not a coach or scout... so I'm just as likely to be wrong as I am right. :sly:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I went Realist as I know when they are bad, and almost get a THC high when they are good! :lol: Overall, just a long time fan in it through thick and thin.You can hammer us when you want, when we are bad, pile on, but, when we win it all, don't go and buy a Rams jersey to wear for a year until some other team wins it all. I think that's what bothers me the most (unless it's a young kid seeing the team for the first time and falls in love heart and soul like I did).

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Apolorealist....

Because griping, venting, bitching and such rarely solves problems. And sometimes it simply is time, that does solve things....(I mean do you see Spags around?..... and I liked him....but thought things needed to change to move forward.....)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I picked your "Coined" term myself. Apolorealist!

I do tend to look for a "reason" for why they decide to do something, but its more my way of trying to comprehend the WHY as opposed to making an excuse for it.

I also can tell when something or someone just doesn't cut it.

Through thick and think I try not to get too "high" when things are going well, and don't get too low when they have been bad. (the past 6 years for example)

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Apolorealist? what the...?

That was my pick (tho I've never hear THAT classification before)

Have to see if if catches

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I went extremely moderate apolorealist,I give em every chance to prove themselves before I drop the hammer.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I do not fit solidly into any of them I would seem to range in mostly two areas about 65 % Realist & 35 % Dick.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Apologist -- I'm a cause and effect fan. There is a reason for everything, though sometimes a player just hasn't got it.

And sometimes it's because a player or playcall wasn't right for that moment, like Trumaine Johnson wasn't the guy to receive that onsides kick attempt last year. Like the pitch-out from Kaepernick to Ginn was total boneheaded playcall and execution, and Jenkins was the right player at the right time.

iced

I'm a combo of realist/dick. I don't just hate to hate on players (unless i'm messing with my friends), but I do give my objective opinion...which sometimes leads them to trying to twist my words or put words in my mouth about "oh you think everyone sucks and the rams are the best" - which confuses me cause i never say anything about that...lol when i hear that, that takes me back to when you argue with a woman and you're pointing out something, then they go "Oh well if I'm sooo terrible why are you still here!"

but in the end I try to be objective about everything...that dam lawyer blood

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I'm so all-in with this team that I guess, at one time or another, I could fit into every category. Being a fan of this team is really an emotional roller-coaster for me.
This time of year I'm a pretty bad homer, but after an ugly loss I've been known to flame away on my own guys.
One thing is constant, when other people talk shit about my Rams it irritates me. The term "lambs" is borderline fighting words....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe "dick" wasn't the appropriate word. Not trying to offend anyone, because that was primarily aimed at people who troll boards just to elicit a visceral reaction from other posters. Maybe hard-core realist is a better word?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
homer.jpg

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I just can't find the motivation to defend millionaires. I'm pretty critical of the modern athlete because of the amount they get paid.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Realist and for that, I make no apology.

Over a 51 year span, I've been all of the categories offered. After years of misery, inter-mixed with brief periods of hope, ecstasy, pain, sorrow, lost sleep, deep depression and euphoria, I finally landed on the one that let's me keep what sanity I have left. I'm also a Red Sox fan, now I defy any of you to live with those two teams for a half century and keep your sanity. :boing: :neh: