Simms QB Countdown - #5 Matthew Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sloramfan

Starter
i used to hate simms a few years back...

but over the last few years simms seems to be the one who tells it like we all see it... not just the clik needy take....

he's growing on me...

good takes.. spot on with what i was/am thinking...

go rams

slo

sloramfan

Starter
what a great watch...

chriss simms? 5 years ago? no way... i hated that guy, and his co-host, that i cant think of his name now, but i remember simms backing the rams when his co-host who literally hates the rams... (i cant think of his name but the beavis and butthead cornholio keeps coming to mind) people evolve, and simms has .....

that was so good i hit subscribe...

go rams

slo

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he just didn't like Goff and, at the time, we disagreed.

Shuie3225

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i used to hate simms a few years back...

but over the last few years simms seems to be the one who tells it like we all see it... not just the clik needy take....

he's growing on me...

good takes.. spot on with what i was/am thinking...

go rams

slo

Simms has always been fine to me, it's Florio that's the complete weenie. I think people sometimes conflate the two, but yea #5 is sweet and he highlights a lot of things the average fan misses.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Simms saw the same things we saw last year after the bye. Stafford with the all the different arm angles to make difficult throws. The elite arm that can make all the throws and then some. The intelligence. There is no question in my mind he's the best quarterback in the division. And the NFC.

Simms has Brock Purdy at number 17. When he talks about the negatives is the same thing I've been watching all season. Like when he said Purdy misses a throw you expect a top ten quarterback to make. Then hits a wide open guy 10 yards downfield and the guy runs for 40 more. You forget about the bad throws and point to the numbers to claim Purdy is elite. He's not. Stafford is.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
what a great watch...

chriss simms? 5 years ago? no way... i hated that guy, and his co-host, that i cant think of his name now, but i remember simms backing the rams when his co-host who literally hates the rams... (i cant think of his name but the beavis and butthead cornholio keeps coming to mind) people evolve, and simms has .....

that was so good i hit subscribe...

go rams

slo
The name you are thinking about is perennial Rams hater, Mike Florio.

A true weasel of there ever was one.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I searched for his list. All I found was where Simms is down to # 7 (Stroud)and hasn’t gotten to Stafford yet. So Stafford is in his top six. I don’t disagree with that.

Edit. Here is his top six

IMG_9407.jpeg

Shuie3225

Starter
I searched for his list. All I found was where Simms is down to # 7 (Stroud)and hasn’t gotten to Stafford yet. So Stafford is in his top six. I don’t disagree with that.
Think it just dropped a few hrs ago on YouTube, I know he's been staggering it out over the last week or two

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, he's got derpert at 6.

What is he looking at that makes him that high? All I see is him throwing ints or incompletions when the game is on the line.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Looking at that graphic, Stafford is actually too low.

Really, only Mahomes should be above him.
It all depends on how much you value the ability to run. It is a handy skill. But, if you take that away from any of those QBs ahead of Stafford, and just measure their pocket passing ability, I’d say Stafford is easily second, possibly first.

But that leads into another question, youthfulness. It ties into running ability and imo can’t be ignored. It is likely a factor. I would love to think the Rams had another ten+ years of Stafford. Especially if Stafford had the ability to scramble around to extend plays. But he’s old and slow afoot.

Shuie3225

Starter
But that leads into another question, youthfulness. It ties into running ability and imo can’t be ignored. It is likely a factor. I would love to think the Rams had another ten+ years of Stafford. Especially if Stafford had the ability to scramble around to extend plays. But he’s old and slow afoot.
What's impressive to me is look at the entire top 6... Is there even another guy close to 30 years old? And Staff is what 36 now?? Pretty safe to say he's the best vet QB in the league right nw.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What's impressive to me is look at the entire top 6... Is there even another guy close to 30 years old? And Staff is what 36 now?? Pretty safe to say he's the best vet QB in the league right nw.

Off hand I’d have to agree your right ? That’s why Stafford wants to get PAID!! Don’t think Kupp is another player who is glue & such a STUD!!!

dang

Legend
Looking at that graphic, Stafford is actually too low.

Really, only Mahomes should be above him.
I prefer Stafford to Jackson But for Josh Allen and Burrow. When they are on should be above Stafford IMO. Plus they have youth on their side so any ranking will take years left in consideration. So 5 is very fair.