ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
image.gif

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
The Jags proudly select from Notre Dame Nick Martin OG/OC... The Jags want to be able to run the 4min drill late in the 4th Q so adding a tough sona bitch was needed.

PROSPECTSPRESENTED BY
OG
NICK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME IA INDEPENDENTS
2555189.jpg

?
  • 5.22 SEC
  • 28 REPS
  • 97.0 INCH
  • 7.57 SEC
  • 4.72 SEC

• 6'4"HEIGHT
  • 32 1/2"ARM LENGTH
  • 299LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 3/4"HANDS
OVERVIEW
Teams already know what to expect from Nick, as his brother Zack excelled in his first two seasons with Dallas after being selected in the first round in 2014. Nick will bring versatility along with the family toughness to an NFL team. He moves between center and guard without an issue (started at left guard 10 games in 2014, three games at center that year as well as most of 2013 and all of 2015), displaying a strong anchor in pass pro and nimble feet to attack linebackers in the run game. Teams envying the Cowboys' prodigious but athletic front line should consider picking up this Golden Domer.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Loves to play the game as physically as he can. Plays with a mean streak and then some. Finishes a block with authority if he gets the advantage. Showed ability to anchor and play with strengths against power across from him. Usually first into defender after snap. Despite some hip stiffness, moves fairly well when asked to get out in front of screen plays. Keeps head on a swivel at all times. Aware of both gaps when in pass protection and he's uncovered. Plays with wide base in pass pro. Often first to get hands on pass rusher and will get some extension early in the rep. Gets the most out of average length. Team captain and unchallenged leader up front. Has started at guard and center while at Notre Dame so may offer roster flexibility.
WEAKNESSES
Looks labored in his movement. Stiffness in hips stymies ability to sink and anchor. Leads with upper body too often and plays with weight out over his feet. Needs to bring his feet up under him. Had issues redirecting with power against pass rushers who gained early advantage. Gets jostled around and has to work overtime to stay engaged against powerful players. Will struggle to reach and secure move blocks. Can improve with recognition of blitzes.
SOURCES TELL US
"He was much more athletic before his knee injury. He's had to fight through some physical limitations and I know that he's been frustrated because of that. He struggled in 2014 and I thought he still looked a little beat up this year. If he can get healthy, he'll start in our league." -- NFC North scout
NFL COMPARISON
John Sullivan
BOTTOM LINE
Three-year starter who possesses the leadership, intelligence and toughness that general managers and offensive line coaches look for from their centers. A season ending knee injury in 2013 might have taken away some of his natural bend and athleticism, but Martin's play strength and toughness should make him an early starter in the league at either guard or center.
RELATED LINKS
-Lance Zierlein

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems there is talk of a trade offer in the Saints war room.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Jags proudly select from Notre Dame Nick Martin OG/OC... The Jags want to be able to run the 4min drill late in the 4th Q so adding a tough sona bitch was needed.

PROSPECTSPRESENTED BY
OG
NICK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME IA INDEPENDENTS
2555189.jpg

?
  • 5.22 SEC
  • 28 REPS
  • 97.0 INCH
  • 7.57 SEC
  • 4.72 SEC
  • 6'4"HEIGHT
  • 32 1/2"ARM LENGTH
  • 299LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 3/4"HANDS
OVERVIEW
Teams already know what to expect from Nick, as his brother Zack excelled in his first two seasons with Dallas after being selected in the first round in 2014. Nick will bring versatility along with the family toughness to an NFL team. He moves between center and guard without an issue (started at left guard 10 games in 2014, three games at center that year as well as most of 2013 and all of 2015), displaying a strong anchor in pass pro and nimble feet to attack linebackers in the run game. Teams envying the Cowboys' prodigious but athletic front line should consider picking up this Golden Domer.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Loves to play the game as physically as he can. Plays with a mean streak and then some. Finishes a block with authority if he gets the advantage. Showed ability to anchor and play with strengths against power across from him. Usually first into defender after snap. Despite some hip stiffness, moves fairly well when asked to get out in front of screen plays. Keeps head on a swivel at all times. Aware of both gaps when in pass protection and he's uncovered. Plays with wide base in pass pro. Often first to get hands on pass rusher and will get some extension early in the rep. Gets the most out of average length. Team captain and unchallenged leader up front. Has started at guard and center while at Notre Dame so may offer roster flexibility.
WEAKNESSES
Looks labored in his movement. Stiffness in hips stymies ability to sink and anchor. Leads with upper body too often and plays with weight out over his feet. Needs to bring his feet up under him. Had issues redirecting with power against pass rushers who gained early advantage. Gets jostled around and has to work overtime to stay engaged against powerful players. Will struggle to reach and secure move blocks. Can improve with recognition of blitzes.
SOURCES TELL US
"He was much more athletic before his knee injury. He's had to fight through some physical limitations and I know that he's been frustrated because of that. He struggled in 2014 and I thought he still looked a little beat up this year. If he can get healthy, he'll start in our league." -- NFC North scout
NFL COMPARISON
John Sullivan
BOTTOM LINE
Three-year starter who possesses the leadership, intelligence and toughness that general managers and offensive line coaches look for from their centers. A season ending knee injury in 2013 might have taken away some of his natural bend and athleticism, but Martin's play strength and toughness should make him an early starter in the league at either guard or center.
RELATED LINKS
-Lance Zierlein
Nice Pick #2 on Mike Mayocks List of Centers, but yes plays OG Too! 'Kid brother' to Zach, right!?

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The New Orleans Saints agree to send their 2nd round pick #47 and their 3rd round pick #78 to the Pittsburg Steelers who will send their 2nd round pick #58, their 3rd round pick #68 and their 4th round pick #105 to the New Orleans Saints.
The Pittsburg Steelers are on the clock.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
With the 47th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select.....

Su'a Cravens, SS, USC

When you watch Cravens play, you see a playmaker. Whether it's at safety or at linebacker, he's always around the ball, getting picks, getting TFLs and sacks, forcing fumbles. The Steelers will slot Cravens right next to Mike Mitchell at SS, and allow him to wreak havoc in the box. Some see him as only a linebacker, but not me. I see a fluid athlete with exceptional cover skills and outstanding instincts. Put him anywhere, move him around. He's a versatile weapon on the defensive side of the ball that will reach his full potential in the Pittsburgh system. Su'a Cravens will be the next great Steelers safety from USC, maybe even up there with Troy Polamalu when all is said and done.

@Legatron4 is on the clock

@T-REX is on deck

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Su'a Cravens, SS, USC

When you watch Cravens play, you see a playmaker. Whether it's at safety or at linebacker, he's always around the ball, getting picks, getting TFLs and sacks, forcing fumbles. The Steelers will slot Cravens right next to Mike Mitchell at SS, and allow him to wreak havoc in the box. Some see him as only a linebacker, but not me. I see a fluid athlete with exceptional cover skills and outstanding instincts. Put him anywhere, move him around. He's a versatile weapon on the defensive side of the ball that will reach his full potential in the Pittsburgh system. Su'a Cravens will be the next great Steelers safety from USC, maybe even up there with Troy Polamalu when all is said and done.

@T-REX is on deck
Nice pick! I don't have him on my Board ( I don't Know why!) but good for you! "The War continues!!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Nice pick! I don't have him on my Board ( I don't Know why!) but good for you! "The War continues!!

Had him very high on my board. Had both Su'a and Nkemdiche rated highly, and would have happily taken either at 25, and yet I got both in the second round. Let's just say I'm very pleased with this draft so far.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Su'a Cravens, SS, USC

@T-REX is on deck[/QUOTE