Rd 1, pick 19, Rams Select EDGE/DL Jared Verse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
I don't care and wouldn't want it changed or anything but since people are going to be so sensitive (don't use the word 'Karen' around here, trust me, there will be hell to pay). I just think if you get to do that for the replacement names then people shouldn't get triggered when Belichick is simply mentioned or get upset when a group of people are called "Karen"

What I am seeing is some "dish it out, but can't take it" tendencies. They do it? Fine. They get it a little of it back? They cry foul!

Just be consistent.
This forum is set up to allow for a certain level of calling each other out. However I think there are 3 things to consider when retorting:

1. Make your point then move on. Don’t add unnecessary fuel to a fire. After all we are all Rams fans and this is a special place for Rams fellowship. Back and forth to get the last word on is just not necessary.

2. Be careful calling someone a name like ‘Snow Flake’ or ‘Karen’. But for gods sake if you cross that line use it appropriately. For instance 99.9% don’t qualify as ‘Karen’ candidates as ‘Karen’ is a slang term used as typically for a middle-class white American woman who is perceived as entitled or excessively demanding. The term is often portrayed in memes depicting middle-class white women who "use their white and class privilege to demand their own way".

3. Keep the conversation on football. Once you cross over to other inflammatory topics (like politics or religion) be prepared to be called out. This is NOT the forum for that. There are many many other forums for that stuff.

Go Rams!!

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The 1 just stands for first round pick, jersey numbers haven't been picked yet
Speaking of those draft day jerseys, how do they always have one ready so fast? You know, the correct team with the player’s name on it. Is it all predetermined?

Santa? Santa?

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Calling people "Karen's" is stupid.
Its a fine name that is getting besmirched.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
This forum is set up to allow for a certain level of calling each other out. However I think there are 3 things to consider when retorting:

1. Make your point then move on.

2. Be careful calling someone a name like 'Karen’. a slang term used as typically for a middle-class white American woman who is perceived as entitled or excessively demanding.

3. Keep the conversation on football. Once you cross over to other inflammatory topics (like politics or religion) be prepared to be called out. This is NOT the forum for that

Go Rams!!
Amen brother [blue font]

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Speaking of those draft day jerseys, how do they always have one ready so fast? You know, the correct team with the player’s name on it. Is it all predetermined?

Santa? Santa?

They literally have a t shirt iron in the back and when the call comes in, part of the delay is taking the #1 jersey from the team and putting their name on it. You’ll notice that unlike game jerseys, the letters aren’t stitched.

That’s how.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Taken from NFL.com:

Next Gen stat of the game: Rams defensive end Jared Verse had six QB pressures and a 26.1 pressure rate in his first NFL game.

26.1? That’s outstanding for his first game.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Verse had a sack right before the half, but the announcer was right that there was a chance to strip the ball from Goff and create a turnover. But he's a rookie and did a good job today.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I didn't expect him or Fiske to start fast. Figure both of them improve as we go and I'm fine with that. Lots to learn from in their first full and real NFL games for both of them. But I am still glad we drafted both these dudes.

TexasRam

Legend
I didn't expect him or Fiske to start fast. Figure both of them improve as we go and I'm fine with that. Lots to learn from in their first full and real NFL games for both of them. But I am still glad we drafted both these dudes.
Not going to jump a gun or complain as its week1 and that is a Stellar Oline we faced.

But Fiske seemed to really struggle to get off block at times, both in pass rush and run defense.

Haven't rewatched the tape so may be only impression. Again, even Donald the great could get stonewalled vs that Oline.

But Verse certainly generated pressure and made his presence felt. Looks like he could take over some future games very soon vs a lesser Oline.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But Fiske seemed to really struggle to get off block at times, both in pass rush and run defense.
I wasn't watching with enough attentiveness to say. Had a lot going on and was high as hell which is never good for knowing what is going on. But it seemed like every time I did notice him he was being duo'd and washed out of the play.

Not concerned or anything. He's not gonna be AD. And as you say that's a good and physical OL. But to some extent maybe the Rams need to focus him in on what technique he's playing, and who is playing what for that matter across the front. I still don't think we have a classic 5T. Fiske is a 3T to my eye. So is Turner. Which is where you'd want a physical nose next to them for protection. Maybe those two should be rotated and kept fresh idk. But then that means we need to see more of Brown. It will be interesting to see the fallout this week. I do think the Rams learned a lot in this one about who can do what and they'll get it figured out I am sure.

Edge it felt like Verse was pinching in quite a bit and got caught. I agree he'll be fine. Think both will be.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Taken from NFL.com:

Next Gen stat of the game: Rams defensive end Jared Verse had six QB pressures and a 26.1 pressure rate in his first NFL game.

26.1? That’s outstanding for his first game.

Against a top offensive line too.

Not going to jump a gun or complain as it’s week1 and that is a Stellar Oline we faced.

Haven't rewatched the tape so may be only impression. Again, even Donald the great could get stonewalled vs that Oline.

But Verse certainly generated pressure and made his presence felt. Looks like he could take over some future games very soon vs a lesser Oline.

And majority lines we face will be lesser. Great pick.

While Fiske didn’t look as good as Verse, let’s see him against a non top 3 line. I’m sure he will be fine.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
While Fiske didn’t look as good as Verse, let’s see him against a non top 3 line. I’m sure he will be fine.

Let's also see him get more experience. This was, after all, his first NFL game.

It even took a generational talent like Donald a few games to get rolling as a rookie, so I think we need to factor that into the evaluation of Fiske.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Let's also see him get more experience. This was, after all, his first NFL game
We should also keep in mind, that Det has a great oline. Those guys are maulers.

I was very satisfied, with the pressure that group was able to produce.
Our dline will be fine.