Rams hire Scott Frost

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The guy could not identify talent. He turned down Joe Burrow.......he thought Martinez was better. "When Frost got wind Burrow was interested in transferring to Nebraska, he had this to say: "You think he’s better than what we got?”
In fairness, I did not know that, however, hard to believe Burrow would have chose Nebraska over LSU. But I would agree that was a huge mistake.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Any links to the report that he’s being hired for special teams?
Per The Athletic's Rams beat reporter Jourdan Rodrigue, Frost's duties with the Rams will primarily come on special teams. He will also provide help on offense and defense. Rodrigue also noted that Frost spent time with the Rams during OTAs and training camp this past month.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
In fairness, I did not know that, however, hard to believe Burrow would have chose Nebraska over LSU. But I would agree that was a huge mistake.
His father Jim Burrow (Joe's dad) was a linebacker at Lincoln and drafted by Green Bay. His brothers played for Nebraska, so he had a close connection. If I remember right, he wanted to go to Lincoln after high school but wasn't recruited by them.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
His father Jim Burrow (Joe's dad) was a linebacker at Lincoln and drafted by Green Bay. His brothers played for Nebraska, so he had a close connection. If I remember right, he wanted to go to Lincoln after high school but wasn't recruited by them.

That's a serious lack of vision by Frost. Just keep him far away from talent evaluation. :laugh3:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McVay likes Chase Blackburn and Blackburn was his first choice to replace John Fassel (mistake), however, Blackburn chose to stay in Carolina because they gave him his first opportunity.

That being posted, the special teams unit needs to improve to at the very minimum the middle of the pack this year or IMHO, Blackburn will be out and the Rams will be hiring a new ST Coach once again, however, they could still keep Frost as the Assistant ST coach like they did Jeremy Springer last season.
We shall see. Either way Frost will be associated by how the Special Teams unit does.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Frost coached our long snapper Alex Ward at UCF. You can check his social media posts to see what this hire means to him.

Frost was a Special Teams wizard in Orlando. I have a feeling he will move through the ranks quickly.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
That's a serious lack of vision by Frost. Just keep him far away from talent evaluation. :laugh3:
In hindsight, this appears to be an obvious oversite but it really wasn't that straightforward. In all fairness, Burrow was a bit of a late developer hence his transfer from Ohio St to LSU. Urban Meyer had him behind JT Barrett. Martinez was a top 10 dual-threat QB coming out of a top H.S in No Cal. It was a misjudgment in talent but not egregious given the available info at the time. Of course, it looks dumb now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McVay likes Chase Blackburn and Blackburn was his first choice to replace John Fassel (mistake), however, Blackburn chose to stay in Carolina because they gave him his first opportunity.

That being posted, the special teams unit needs to improve to at the very minimum the middle of the pack this year or IMHO, Blackburn will be out and the Rams will be hiring a new ST Coach once again, however, they could still keep Frost as the Assistant ST coach like they did Jeremy Springer last season.

IMO The Rams will find a role for him.The article sort of tells the story & thought process.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Frost is a Fantastic coach. He will make a big difference for our STs.

No coach will ever take the Cornhuskers back to their old glory days. Young guys today don't get excited about Lincoln NE... and definitely don't want to deal with the arctic cold.

Frost was a wizard with the UCF STs.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
In hindsight, this appears to be an obvious oversite but it really wasn't that straightforward. In all fairness, Burrow was a bit of a late developer hence his transfer from Ohio St to LSU. Urban Meyer had him behind JT Barrett. Martinez was a top 10 dual-threat QB coming out of a top H.S in No Cal. It was a misjudgment in talent but not egregious given the available info at the time. Of course, it looks dumb now.
Hind site is 20/20. Ask Lasorda. Even his mom knows it was a mistake to pitch to Clark