Rams Claim Cody Schrader, RB, Missouri

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
basically gave away that Bengals game.
That’s why J. Streicher was brought in.To help game management when Mcvay is super focused on game planning.

Mcvay is giving up some of his responsibilities,& trusting his coaches a lot more.He doesn’t have to micromanage which he isn’t the best at because his focus is already involved in so much more as a HC.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
He was by far the leading rusher in the best football conference so I'm guessing he can play a little bit
Just going back thru this thread & caught this nugget. Best rusher in the SEC?? them's fine words for a college RB.
And rewatched these highlights... this kid is a SPEAR. Nice vision & burst, one-cut is all he needs & then just punches the ball downfield. Always moving forwards.
Can block & catch too.
Maybe he gets on the field this season? nice to have good options at RB.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking he was on our draft board and we would have taken him in the later rounds if Corum was not available. Similar style player, and looks very solid.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm thinking he was on our draft board and we would have taken him in the later rounds if Corum was not available. Similar style player, and looks very solid.
I think that being on the Rams draft board is likely for anyone they pick up, even a year or two removed.

I read the piece about their pro personnel person recognizing Dotson as someone they wanted the season before they acquired him.

This scouting dept has it going on.

dang

Legend
I was targeting him as a good R6/R7 draft pick. He looks to be a hard charger that could find work on STs and some clean up RB opportunities this year.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agree,but you have to look at the upside & years The Rams have with there contracts?
—Zach Thomas might end up.being a starter.There is a connection with The Rams & NE when it comes to the Offensive Line.
-Noteboom is still a backup at guard & tackle.Warren M might be The Rams starting RT &(or) backup either way as the 2024 season goes on.
True.
What I am interested to see is if Noteboom plays very well at LT does Jackson get his job back post suspension?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
True.
What I am interested to see is if Noteboom plays very well at LT does Jackson get his job back post suspension?
Well I said all a long don’t count Joesph Noteboom out from starting Day 1.

Still it was by default,but good point.I will really say a lot of Noteboom can hold on to that starting LT spot.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What I like about this offseason is the hunger shown by the Rams to improve the room. Schrader isn't anything special but he's a solid depth option that fits the passcatchiness McVay prefers while also being able to get you some tough yards. In previous years they would have stood pat on their shitty ass roster acting like they're sitting on diamonds nobody knew anything about. But this RB Coach has changed that.

I suspect he's telling the staff "fuck yes I want that dude please get him" instead of "nah we good watch how I get the most from these boys."

fearsomefour

Legend
Well I said all a long don’t count Joesph Noteboom out from starting Day 1.

Still it was by default,but good point.I will really say a lot of Noteboom can hold on to that starting LT spot.
As long as he can stay healthy he has a shot.
Week One is not an easy assignment for the OL.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Just going back thru this thread & caught this nugget. Best rusher in the SEC?? them's fine words for a college RB.
And rewatched these highlights... this kid is a SPEAR. Nice vision & burst, one-cut is all he needs & then just punches the ball downfield. Always moving forwards.
Can block & catch too.
Maybe he gets on the field this season? nice to have good options at RB.
I love this pickup!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As long as he can stay healthy he has a shot.
Week One is not an easy assignment for the OL.
That’s acknowledged- I’ve watched Joesph Noteboom since Day 1.I’ve been to a lot of training camps & back when he has always pretty fundamentaly sound.
He does a good job with looking in & knowing the count.He has been through a lot of Big Games.It’s just nice to have a player like that as a backup.
—If he wins this LT Sunday Night will be the reason why if for no other reason.Alaric Jackson gave that spot up for 2 games.

1 question I have is come The Rams Season Opener at SOFI,will that be like another ROAD GAME ?

That would ERK ME!!!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Sounds like a "Rudy" with talent.

Also sounds like 'if you're 5'10" or taller, you can't play RB for the LA Rams'!!!

Last edited:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
That was a great watch. Thanks for posting. This dude checks a lot on boxes, especially the intangibles. Hope he continues to prove suckers (niners) wrong.
A rusty truck? kid, we actually DO want a Ferarri, you're in LA now lol... But not the one that's constantly in the shop or demands attention.... ya we want the hard-workin' rusty ol' Ford truck, but with a Coyote engine swap :fire1:
But man this kid checks all the boxes... he's a Kupp-type RB, a dog in the gym & a student of the game. He "loves ball", so I imagine McVay loves this guy & plugs right in to the Rams culture. He's got 2 other RB's in front of him, but if (God forbid) one went down, I can see him stepping into the RB2 role immediately.
Ya I'm thinking he'll prove the 9nahs wrong.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A rusty truck? kid, we actually DO want a Ferarri, you're in LA now lol... But not the one that's constantly in the shop or demands attention.... ya we want the hard-workin' rusty ol' Ford truck, but with a Coyote engine swap :fire1:
But man this kid checks all the boxes... he's a Kupp-type RB, a dog in the gym & a student of the game. He "loves ball", so I imagine McVay loves this guy & plugs right in to the Rams culture. He's got 2 other RB's in front of him, but if (God forbid) one went down, I can see him stepping into the RB2 role immediately.
And he apparently killed it at the senior bowl. The Rams love that shit.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Late in a win over the whiners the Rams should put Schrader in on the goal line and give him the ball. Boom! Give them some fookin' Bill Ring payback! :laugh4:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He looks like a slam dunk for kickoff returner. Perfect bulld and intangibles

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What I like about this offseason is the hunger shown by the Rams to improve the room. Schrader isn't anything special but he's a solid depth option that fits the passcatchiness McVay prefers while also being able to get you some tough yards. In previous years they would have stood pat on their shitty ass roster acting like they're sitting on diamonds nobody knew anything about. But this RB Coach has changed that.

I suspect he's telling the staff "fuck yes I want that dude please get him" instead of "nah we good watch how I get the most from these boys."
Saw Funk was still in the league (NFL) this preseason. Saw Sko & others as well around the league.Point being The Rams build players up.

Just another example of Zach Thomas.Does he become a starter in NE ?
Another example of keeping a player & developing him after he FAILED in Bruss.