GAME DAY Rams at Cardinals - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's grim, but this team has bounced back from horrible low points under McVay plenty of times.

I'm not saying we will this time, but it makes no sense to think we were a good team two hours ago, and we're not now, no matter what has happened.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
If I had to describe to a friend what the personality of this board is like during games like this, I'd say take the worst character traits of Jack Nicholson in The Shining, Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cockoo's Nest, and Jack Nicholson in real life, and you'd be close.

Just a bit worse.
Need to vent. I don't know why it bothers so many people. This keeps me from being really no fun to be around in person. I thank the board for having it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’d love to be positive… however, between key injuries, bad play calling for all units, the Cards playing out of their minds and the refs all in on the home cooking… this is just gonna be a blowout.

Worse, we’ve got 9ers, Bears, Packers… there is a very strong chance we enter the bye week winless… and that’s rough…

Edit: and I still think we can come back

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
0-2 going into a road home game vs the Niners without Puka and Kupp potentially. Depressing…

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Lots of football left. But I don't like our odds if Kupp is hurt. We will need the passing game to really click for us to make up this big of a deficit. No Kupp and no Puka likely makes that infeasible, given the injuries this o-line is dealing with.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It's grim, but this team has bounced back from horrible low points under McVay plenty of times.

I'm not saying we will this time, but it makes no sense to think we were a good team two hours ago, and we're not now, no matter what has happened.
That really doesn't factor at this point and time.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Man, this hame teminds me of the Scott Linehan era. Pathetic coaching on Defense and offense, low talent, (which goes back to coaching), bumbling fumbling players who look bewildered, no offensive or defensive line and finally....injuries every play.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Just tuning into the game should I not? I heard the scores on XM radio. Sounded very very bad….

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think I remember when the Oline was getting beat regularly, I think in 2019, McVay finally put in an extra lineman. But he like to wait till it makes no real difference.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
First half notes...

:helmet: Cards are a better team this year. We saw that in how tough they played Buffalo. Gotta start with some cred for them, because they are winning on defense in the trenches, taking full advantage of our fucking garbage LT situation, and keeping Murray on the move. Nice gameplan by the Cards coaches and I'd say both Murray and Budda Baker are leading their respective sides of the ball well.

:helmet: Rams have had zero discipline on contain. I was afraid of this, given the youth up front. These guys cannot afford to take wide fucking rush angles outside. You gotta crush the pocket as a group, and keep the run lanes minimal. If and when Murray tries to flush then you make him run backwards to try to get around you on the edge. Basically this is the story of this game so far. Contain better or lose. Those are the Rams' choices.

:helmet: Defensively the breakdowns in discipline on the back end have been our undoing. Just do your fucking job. The PI on Lake was a terrible mistake that bailed them out and cost us maybe this game. Because that play resulted in a scoring drive when we should have had the ball back.

:helmet: Get rid of the odd fronts with Brown. It is a waste of a person out there to line him up because he cannot eat up that A gap run threat. He had one good play that I saw. And a bunch of what looked like halfass effort or him simply not being powerful enough. Dude looks like a giant badass but plays like fucking Jane.

:helmet: Why are we still fucking around with Reeder. He made a play or two so far but goddamn our second level looks slow out there with him and Rozeboom. Having both those dudes on the field feels bad to me. We're still getting run on and we're also easy to throw on with both of them out there.

:helmet: Maybe double Harrison on key third downs. Just sayin. White has no chance so far today vs him.

swmizzou83

Starter
There is no reason to not put Speights in on defense and give him an opportunity. Reeder and Rozeboom bring nothing to the table. He at least has potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.