Olympics opening ceremonies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As it says... those are extremely rare cases. Basically a genetic defect.

Interestingly, it talks about the "women" with this rare defect produce way too much of the male hormones (testosterone). That would of course create an extreme unfair advantage too. Almost the same thing as being male and then deciding to make the change. So it is basically the equivalent and should not be allowed either because a "woman" with a Y chromosome isn't truly a full woman.

The chromosome check would prevent the completely unfair advantage and should be a requirement for competing in women's sports. Too bad for the extremely rare XY "women" that may be out there... life ain't fair... but sports are designed to be fair. It's a tough lesson for everyone to learn, but the sooner a person learns this the better.

Almost a man doesn't make her a man. She's not...Russian IBA check or not. There's plenty of articles stating as such. There isn't a need to put quote marks.

As far as advantages she's going to medal this year...at least bronze. If she has this advantage over other women she should win gold easily right? We'll see there. Just googling her career she's a mid to above average boxer. She's lost through other times to women boxers. The way the sensation headlines are making her out she should be this dominant boxer just tearing through the competition except that isn't the case.

Btw I'm not disputing that a man would have an advantage over a woman. But that isn't what's happening here.

I see 2 things that happened:

1. People judged her based on what she looked like and how the Italian boxer reacted.

2. Took the Russian based IBA test and ran with it all over the internet

But she's a woman.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
She was in the Olympics 4 years ago a competing as a woman. She has fought as a woman her entire career. As had been said / not in dominating fashion.

There is a high school kid, Olivier Rioux, who is 7’9. He clearly has a biological advantage in basketball and he is dominating as a result. No one is bitching about him - that’s just sports.

Trans women in sports is unfair - but why is it so hard to admit that maybe the vagina police jumped the gun this time and got it wrong?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
She was in the Olympics 4 years ago a competing as a woman. She has fought as a woman her entire career. As had been said / not in dominating fashion.

There is a high school kid, Olivier Rioux, who is 7’9. He clearly has a biological advantage in basketball and he is dominating as a result. No one is bitching about him - that’s just sports.

Trans women in sports is unfair - but why is it so hard to admit that maybe the vagina police jumped the gun this time and got it wrong?
Once all the details come out, this will be a fascinating story that I would love to read.

I have been waiting for somebody to point out your example which I believe was completely necessary.

I think that where the problem with that comparison loses steam is the xx & xy factor.

If indeed there is a developmental advantage due to the xy genes being there it needs thorough and unbiased investigation.

If the DSD doesn’t show as an advantage in produced testosterone now we still have to ask did it play a part through the growth and development of muscle building during puberty?

Whatever the conclusion is I find it a fascinating story that may find early adopters on the wrong side of.

I guess we will see

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I would wonder why someone with XY would be assigned as a female at birth?

I still contend that there will be people in life who just have an advantage based on body chemistry - the same way they do height, weight, etc. It seems to me that gender assigned at birth is a pretty fair place to draw the line.
If you are so inclined, check out "Swyer syndrome" or "androgen insensitivity syndrome." Some people are born in ways perhaps best described as "intersex".

With "androgen insensitivity syndrome" it sounds like some people are born with female genitalia, so unsurprisingly they are assigned female at birth and grow up as female. But because they are born with XY chromosomes, when they hit puberty, a lot of the male sex characteristics develop.

There's a lot of variations within these conditions-- can range from "complete" to "partial" to "mild".

A lot of grey area in these debates and without easy answers. Unfortunately a line does need to be drawn somewhere.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The chromosome check would prevent the completely unfair advantage and should be a requirement for competing in women's sports. Too bad for the extremely rare XY "women" that may be out there... life ain't fair... but sports are designed to be fair.
I'm inclined to agree with this. Yes, I imagine it would be a tough challenge in life to be born female and have XY chromosomes. But as far as competing in high-level sports, in my opinion this would confer an unfair advantage over female athletes born with XX chromosomes.

Sounds like a pretty rare genetic condition.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Andre the Giant had some hormonal disorder called Acromegaly which made him huge. Assuming he wasn’t a pro wrestling icon and instead played in the NFL - would we want him banned because of an unfair advantage?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Andre the Giant had some hormonal disorder called Acromegaly which made him huge. Assuming he wasn’t a pro wrestling icon and instead played in the NFL - would we want him banned because of an unfair advantage?
I truly dont understand this contempt for women that have folks making such arguments to defend genetic males.
Which is what she is when "her" testosterone level exceeds a threshold, one that "she" was disqualified for previously.
A fighter cuts weight, and misses weight by a pound, is entirely different than checking one's testosterone level to determine whether they are genetic female or male.
It's ridiculous, but let the "participation trophy" folks have a voice, and here we are

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@12intheBox

Andre would have sucked at football. He did what made him the most money anyway... and he made more than football players back at that time.

But that has nothing to do with competing in a Woman's Sport when you are not a Woman. There is a distinction between the two and that distinction cannot be ignored. So Andre having an advantage playing football in the NFL would have been no problem... but he actually wouldn't have had one in reality if you read the article I included here.

A big giant girl is playing basketball for China right now. She has an extreme height advantage that she uses to her benefit against her compilation... but she is a woman competing against other women. Nobody is complaining one bit about her.

Just because some people today pretend that there is no difference between men and women due to their agenda driven beliefs doesn't make it correct. There is, and always will be, a real true distinction between men and women and it is the Y chromosome.

If it truly didn't matter, just eliminate all women's sports and make them compete with men if they want to play. Sound good? Of course not. Women deserve to have the opportunity to play and enjoy sports competition. They do not deserve to be forced to live in The Land Of Make Believe though by pretending there is just no way to define the actual difference between men and women.... and then force them to compete against a male in any sport that is described as a Women's Sport. That is beyond being stupid... it's really just lying.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
@12intheBox

Andre would have sucked at football. He did what made him the most money anyway... and he made more than football players back at that time.

But that has nothing to do with competing in a Woman's Sport when you are not a Woman. There is a distinction between the two and that distinction cannot be ignored. So Andre having an advantage playing football in the NFL would have been no problem... but he actually wouldn't have had one in reality if you read the article I included here.

A big giant girl is playing basketball for China right now. She has an extreme height advantage that she uses to her benefit against her compilation... but she is a woman competing against other women. Nobody is complaining one bit about her.

Just because some people today pretend that there is no difference between men and women due to their agenda driven beliefs doesn't make it correct. There is, and always will be, a real true distinction between men and women and it is the Y chromosome.

If it truly didn't matter, just eliminate all women's sports and make them compete with men if they want to play. Sound good? Of course not. Women deserve to have the opportunity to play and enjoy sports compilation. They do not deserve to be forced to live in The Land Of Make Believe though by pretending there is just no way to define the actual difference between men and women.... and then force them to compete against a male in any sport that is described as a Women's Sport. That is beyond being stupid... it's really just lying.
Well said.

There is a reason why men’s and women’s sports are separated.

If all sports were coed, the women would get buried, unfortunately.

This isn’t a misogynistic point of view, either.
Men and womens’ bodies are just different.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don’t want men playing women’s sports

I don’t want a trans woman playing woman’s sports

But - if you are born with woman’s parts - and you happen to grow stronger than other women, how is that different than being born a man and happening to grow stronger than other men?

Sports isn’t fair - some people are stronger, faster, bigger.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don’t want men playing women’s sports

I don’t want a trans woman playing woman’s sports

But - if you are born with woman’s parts - and you happen to grow stronger than other women, how is that different than being born a man and happening to grow stronger than other men?

Sports isn’t fair - some people are stronger, faster, bigger.

I've said it repeatedly and so have a few others.

The Y CHROMOSOME. It's that simple. Anyone who has it is NOT female.

Both of those boxers competing for the gold have had multiple blood tests now that confirm they both have the Y CHROMOSOME. They are not women regardless of what level of hormones they may now have temporarily flowing through their bodies.

Period.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I've said it repeatedly and so have a few others.

The Y CHROMOSOME. It's that simple. Anyone who has it is NOT female.

Both of those boxers competing for the gold have had multiple blood tests now that confirm they both have the Y CHROMOSOME. They are not women regardless of what level of hormones they may now have temporarily flowing through their bodies.

Period.
Even if you are born with a vagina?

By that logic - can someone born with a penis and balls who has XX play women’s sports?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

By that logic - can someone born with a penis and balls who has XX play women’s sports?

Y CHROMOSOME = No Women's Sports

That's it.

Genitals obviously have nothing to do with sex anymore for some people. Nothing about Genitals determines it.

Now cheating with artificially pumped up levels of hormones is already checked for as it is 100% cheating. That happens in Men's and Women's sports.

But to be able to compete in Women's Sports... a person cannot have the Y CHROMOSOME.

It's not difficult... it's THAT simple.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Are you incapable of reading what others have posted? She isnt genetically female, or male
And because of folks like yourself who are more concerned with feelings and what people want to be considered being more important than what they are, like you said life isnt fair

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well said.

There is a reason why men’s and women’s sports are separated.

If all sports were coed, the women would get buried, unfortunately.

This isn’t a misogynistic point of view, either.
Men and womens’ bodies are just different.

But she's a woman.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

According to the article they have been deemed ineligible in the past.
Having “woman” on your passport does not prove that you are a woman.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
But she's a woman.

Not with the Y CHROMOSOME... and "her" blood tests have confirmed that "she" has the Y CHROMOSOME.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Pfizer defines it for us in the 1st sentence of the 6th paragraph if you'd just like to skip right to it. Yeah... Pfizer.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Not with the Y CHROMOSOME... and "her" blood tests have confirmed that "she" has the Y CHROMOSOME.
You don't know that. No one does, because the test wasn't released to the public, because it violates health privacy. Even the name of the test isn't public knowledge. All of this is simply speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.