OFFICIAL OL injuries and recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Alaric Jackson, AJ Arcuri, Rob Havenstein, Steve Avila, Kevin Dotson, Jonah Jackson, Joe Noteboom, Beaux Limmer, Warren McClendon.

These are our guys. Most are OUT. We need them back.

Post updates, opinions and discuss options here that concern the starters and backups.

I feel it’s easier to keep it all in one thread rather than jumping around to three or four different threads and trying to keep up with news and timelines moving forward.

The one fact we do know is that LT A.Jackson will return week 3.

The football gods are assholes.

LOURam85

Rookie
I
1725905178954.png

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Limmer looked solid.
Noteboom is a waste of roster space because he can't stay healthy.
AJ Acuri needs serious work, they should have gone with Bruss, even though he's a guard, he couldn't have been much worse than Acuri.
McClendon looked *okay*, may be a decent backup.

I know there has to be a veteran that was cut that we can pick up for a tackle.

Psycho_X

Legend
We already did and he was put on IR before week 1 lol. I know you mean now but just wanted to add to the growing list of o-line injuries mentioned in the OP of the thread to emphasize the ridiculousness of our current predicament.

McDermott (undisclosed) was placed on injured reserve by the Rams on Wednesday.

McDermott suffered an undisclosed injury in the preseason, which will now force him to miss at least the first four games of the 2024 season. The offensive tackle is eligible to return in Week 5 against the Packers on Oct. 6.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Anyone think the Rams make a trade for a LT this season? I think they might. Boom just can't be trusted, and AJ is an idiot for missing time due to an off field issue.

Any potential trade targets that could potentially help our oline in the immediate future?

At this point I'd be willing to shoot a team a first rounder for someone that can stay healthy lol.

Psycho_X

Legend
How about Blake Larson called up from practice squad? I think he's the only one on the PS who can or has played LT. He is about as raw as a player can be coming from a no nothing college (speaking sports reputation wise) and not sure he even played much in preseason. But they apparently liked him enough to store on PS. I doubt they had any want of playing him this year but he's got length and the right frame. Not sure what else they can do for this week unless there's a vet out there they like.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Limmer looked solid.
Yeah he looked roughly the same as the rest of the boys in there vs Detroit, which was hit and miss. But it felt to me like the OL performed better after he got in the game at Center. And I expect his calls had something to do with that.

My guess is Limmer will be tried now as the Center going forward. It will be his job to lose so if he improves vs Arizona and does well vs SF he'll be very tough to unseat.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah he looked roughly the same as the rest of the boys in there vs Detroit, which was hit and miss. But it felt to me like the OL performed better after he got in the game at Center. And I expect his calls had something to do with that.

My guess is Limmer will be tried now as the Center going forward. It will be his job to lose so if he improves vs Arizona and does well vs SF he'll be very tough to unseat.
Going forward or do you mean until Avila returns. I don’t think they sit Avila or Jonah for Limmer.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Going forward or do you mean until Avila returns. I don’t think they sit Avila or Jonah for Limmer.
I think that is up to Limmer. He will need to show well vs Arizona, and earn a start vs SF which will be his litmus test.

Going back if we connect the dots Avila to Center got scrubbed. Avila in an interview mentioned that he hadn't paid attention to the calls at OG, that he was dependent on Shelton his rookie season. Him offering that up felt important. So me reading between the lines what I think happened is Avila struggled with the calls and that was the impetus for flipping him and Jonah.

Jonah to his credit was all about doing the change too, but by that point he didn't get a ton of prep like Avila had. So Limmer, IMO, probably has an inherent advantage in those calls which can affect the way the entire OL plays together.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Limmer looked solid.
Noteboom is a waste of roster space because he can't stay healthy.
AJ Acuri needs serious work, they should have gone with Bruss, even though he's a guard, he couldn't have been much worse than Acuri.
McClendon looked *okay*, may be a decent backup.

Ty Nsekhe... come on down, your the next contestant on "We need to find a LT that can block an NFL defensive end!"

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
It should be noted that after game one, contracts don't have to be guaranteed. There are 4 or 5 guys out there with LT experience who are probably worth looking at. Ex Packer Backtiari is available but with injury history. Might be good for couple games then backup.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
does anyone know when Hav comes back? Would love to see a little more “push” up front in the running game.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
does anyone know when Hav comes back? Would love to see a little more “push” up front in the running game.
Sounded like he was a game time decision yesterday more or less so hopefully back this week.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I saw a report that Avila injury is a sprained MCL. Obviously grade of sprain will determine but sounds like a dodged bullet.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Schefter reporting Puka is week-to-week. Thank fucking fuck.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think that is up to Limmer. He will need to show well vs Arizona, and earn a start vs SF which will be his litmus test.

Going back if we connect the dots Avila to Center got scrubbed. Avila in an interview mentioned that he hadn't paid attention to the calls at OG, that he was dependent on Shelton his rookie season. Him offering that up felt important. So me reading between the lines what I think happened is Avila struggled with the calls and that was the impetus for flipping him and Jonah.

Jonah to his credit was all about doing the change too, but by that point he didn't get a ton of prep like Avila had. So Limmer, IMO, probably has an inherent advantage in those calls which can affect the way the entire OL plays together.
Jourdan said the only reason for the change was to give better protection on Stafford’s left side.

No offense but I think you’ve been watching too much Columbo