NEW: The Latest on the Lease from a Rams Perspective

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
Hope you all enjoy with new insight into the Rams view of the possible long-term future of the Edward Jones Dome and much more...

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011910-st-louis-rams-the-latest-on-the-lease-from-the-rams-perspective" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011 ... erspective</a>

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
article has just now been edited to add additional info fyi...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Very nicely done. Good read. And it's clear to me now (after reading Demoff's words, and the way you framed them) that this coaching/regime change was primarily triggered by a dip in attendance and/or the fans' overall disinterest in the previous course. Fisher would immediately generate a buzz and cause a spike in ticket sales, so I don't see how they let him leave town without a contract. But if he suffers through 3 consecutive losing seasons, I'm willing to bet that even HE is expendable, if revenue is the ultimate goal.

The rest of the article makes some strong points for staying in St Louis. I guess you'll have to see how serious they are about expanding the market for that stadium though. Additional (and Nationally recognized) events would surely go a long way in putting together the scratch to upgrade it. It'll be interesting to see how this progresses. I have no horse in this race, but I'll still pay attention.

STL-Rams

Starter
X said:
Very nicely done. Good read. And it's clear to me now (after reading Demoff's words, and the way you framed them) that this coaching/regime change was primarily triggered by a dip in attendance and/or the fans' overall disinterest in the previous course. Fisher would immediately generate a buzz and cause a spike in ticket sales, so I don't see how they let him leave town without a contract. But if he suffers through 3 consecutive losing seasons, I'm willing to bet that even HE is expendable, if revenue is the ultimate goal.

The rest of the article makes some strong points for staying in St Louis. I guess you'll have to see how serious they are about expanding the market for that stadium though. Additional (and Nationally recognized) events would surely go a long way in putting together the scratch to upgrade it. It'll be interesting to see how this progresses. I have no horse in this race, but I'll still pay attention.

Thanks X and great points there, sir...

steferfootball

Starter
Also:
"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," Kroenke said in a phone interview Tuesday night.
That isn't exactly reaffirming.

I'm going to do everything I can. Sounds like he is leaving the possibility open.

STL-Rams

Starter
steferfootball said:
Also:
"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," Kroenke said in a phone interview Tuesday night.
That isn't exactly reaffirming.

I'm going to do everything I can. Sounds like he is leaving the possibility open.

edited this... sorry for confusion.. this was quoted from Bernie's article in 2010 as the hyperlink takes one to....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wow. Nice piece man. THAT is the kind of stuff I like reading about my Rams. I also have no dog in the fight even though I have such great memories of watching them with my Dad down in LA. I just want what is best for my team and our fans. I think Stan will build a winner both inside and outside of the dome.

STL-Rams

Starter
RamFan503 said:
Wow. Nice piece man. THAT is the kind of stuff I like reading about my Rams. I also have no dog in the fight even though I have such great memories of watching them with my Dad down in LA. I just want what is best for my team and our fans. I think Stan will build a winner both inside and outside of the dome.

Thank you a TON for that kind comment and feedback, sir. Have a great weekend bro..

superfan24

Starter
Very good read, wow, lots of good info and interesting stuff. I do really want the Rams to stay in STL because I can continue goin to games and training camp. STL is a pretty cool place and the dome will be rocking once again when the Rams start dominating. We'll see it. I don't think the Rams will move, but am still very cautious. I wanted to read about this so appreciated the article.

STL-Rams

Starter
superfan24 said:
Very good read, wow, lots of good info and interesting stuff. I do really want the Rams to stay in STL because I can continue goin to games and training camp. STL is a pretty cool place and the dome will be rocking once again when the Rams start dominating. We'll see it. I don't think the Rams will move, but am still very cautious. I wanted to read about this so appreciated the article.

You are very welcome. I can't wait to see the dome rocking again, too. Depending on how this HC search ends, we could be closer to that happening again than we thought.

ZGare

UDFA
What do we think CVC might offer the Rams to upgrade the EJD in a few days?

I'm wondering if they might offer (over the next few years) to close the street along the South end of the dome and build an attached parking garage (also with links to the Embassy Suites) that would include other amenities as well right against the dome at the concourse levels attractive to fans -- such as a microbrewery, Rams store, another Bud Light Zone with TV feeds for all other games going on, high end restaurant, and big windows to let more light in to the South end.

Also, move the video scoreboards to the upper corners, or hanging over the field, and use that prime viewing space where the boards are now for special seating, like the Champions Club in Busch, or something unique like, I don't know, a giant Ram cannon or something -- for a little excitement. And offer some translucent panels in the roof, or something that opens. Paying for it will be the hard part unless the Rams offer to contribute also.

STL-Rams

Starter
ZGare said:

I'm wondering if they might offer (over the next few years) to close the street along the South end of the dome and build an attached parking garage (also with links to the Embassy Suites) that would include other amenities as well right against the dome at the concourse levels attractive to fans -- such as a microbrewery, Rams store, another Bud Light Zone with TV feeds for all other games going on, high end restaurant, and big windows to let more light in to the South end.

Also, move the video scoreboards to the upper corners, or hanging over the field, and use that prime viewing space where the boards are now for special seating, like the Champions Club in Busch, or something unique like, I don't know, a giant Ram cannon or something -- for a little excitement. And offer some translucent panels in the roof, or something that opens. Paying for it will be the hard part unless the Rams offer to contribute also.

definitely natural light ( I hope) .. great ideas above... i know one thing that has supposed been discussed has been the CVC buying parking garages in the area and give that money to the Rams on game day to sweeten the pot.

superfan24

Starter
STL-Rams said:
ZGare said:

definitely natural light ( I hope) .. great ideas above... i know one thing that has supposed been discussed has been the CVC buying parking garages in the area and give that money to the Rams on game day to sweeten the pot.

A restaurant to watch the late games, after the Rams play would be cool. The parking fares would probably be outrageous so I'll just pay $10 and walk a few blocks.