LEGEND New Movie Trailers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Unless there are parts about it in other threads I did read them.

Generally speaking, aren't the entertaining movies with tons of CGI the ones that sell? And the artsy movies don't sell well? So if we were guess based on the available data whether or not viewers would accept all CGI movies one the technology catches up to expectations, we probably wouldn't guess artsy movies would win.

I get the argument you were having with coconuts. But you stated that people show up for the actors and that the draw in animated movies is the real actors doing the voices. But that's only partially accurate. Frozen was one of the highest grossing movies of all time. Without looking it up I couldn't tell you who was in it (except for the guy who played Olaf but I don't know how name just had face). Can most people? I just looked it up. How many people do you really think saw the trailer for that movie and said, "Oh shit! Kristen Bell is playing a princess. I better go see that!"

I think we can turn this same line of questioning around and say just because you know who the actors are in the cartoon movies and it impacts your opinion of them doesn't mean that's what a majority of America is doing. Yeah, studios are looking for every advantage they can get, so getting big time actors that have name recognition makes sense. That's going to be a factor. I just don't think it's quite as large as you were suggesting it was.

The studios probably don't want to get rid of actors, I'm not arguing that. But that doesn't mean it won't be technologically feasible and socially accepted one day. They did "live action" versions of the Jungle Book and the Lion King recently without real animals. That's a step in that direction. Seems to have worked out okay.

Yes - I agree with what you are saying - but it is in regards to animation. Not everyone identifies who an actor is doing a voice over. But that’s not my point at all.

What I am saying is that 100% CGI characters won’t be replacing real actors now or in the future. Like you won’t see a CGI character named Jake Steel that will be like Tom Cruise but entirely computer generated with AI. Other than it being a novelty. Humans create art - whether you think a movie is or isn’t art is beside the point. Filmmaking will always be made by humans and humans will want actors to act — not robots. Does that exclude someone making a CGI character? No - it’s already been done. And it bombed at the box office. And it was also called animation. Studios aren’t looking for ways to get rid of actors. Nor are they looking to abandon Live Action filmmaking. They are looking for the next movie star as we speak.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Only seen trailers for Avengers. Unless it is The Avengers with MacNee and Rigg.
serveimage

Exactly
There is no time now or ever that you could replace Patrick Macnee with a robot :p

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He hates it:p
Have you seen the Irishman - what a dud. Snoozefest with not one decent sequence
I was stunned in just how bad it was. I suspected it might be a weak attempt to recreate something like good fellas and I wasn't expecting much but it failed in every aspect and despite the cast, had zero edge and was pretty much like animated characters playing real people.

In this I think maybe I see what you're saying about the art of acting being irreplaceable by any kind of CGI or animation. I'm a huge Archer fan and it is art of its own. The writing is great and I did get invested in the characters. But when it comes to emotional and personal connections to characters, I find it very hard to believe that CGI and/or animation can or will ever compete.

When it comes to grittiness, or true emotions, real actors and great directing can never be replaced. The roles have to interact to produce the art of a great movie.

I'm a huge fan of the movie Silverado. It had the trifecta of a great cast, excellent directing, and great cinematography. Hell. It even made Kevin Costner seem like someone other than Kevin Costner.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Can someone lock up Jason Reitman and throw away the key?

Goonies meets Ghostbusters meets Karate Kid with the dork from Stranger Things

I remember Ghostbusters as a lark
I have no idea what this is
Looks better then the last remake at least lol