New: Fisher 95% Certain to Rams, according to Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
steferfootball said:
Do you think Fisher wants to stay in St. Louis, and Kronke is a little bit undecided?

Or Fisher wants to go to LA?

Honestly I don't think that's a huge issue. Unless he just hates LA, what is he gong to say? "No, I don't want to live in a nice house by the beach in sunny southern California."

Or get taxed to death in sunny southern California? Or get scrutinized in every possible way having zero privacy from the press in sunny southern California?

California's biggest export is taxpayers.

Press and taxes are everywhere, if you want to discuss politics we have an appropriate forum for that.

You wanted reasons and I gave two good ones.

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
steferfootball said:
Do you think Fisher wants to stay in St. Louis, and Kronke is a little bit undecided?

Honestly I don't think that's a huge issue. Unless he just hates LA, what is he gong to say? "No, I don't want to live in a nice house by the beach in sunny southern California."

Or get taxed to death in sunny southern California? Or get scrutinized in every possible way having zero privacy from the press in sunny southern California?

Press and taxes are everywhere, if you want to discuss politics we have an appropriate forum for that.

If I wanted reasons I would have asked for them, I wasnt being literal. What I don't want is this thread turning into a political thread.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
steferfootball said:

If I wanted reasons I would have asked for them, I wasnt being literal. What I don't want is this thread turning into a political thread.

You did, you wrote "What is he going to say...."

Guarantee he enjoys his privacy something pro sports types are on record claiming they have that in St. Louis. I also guarantee his accountant would inform him of the substantially higher tax climate in California. This topic isn't a political one so I am at a loss as to you characterizing it as such.

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
steferfootball said:

You did, you wrote "What is he going to say...."

Guarantee he enjoys his privacy something pro sports types are on record claiming they have that in St. Louis. I also guarantee his accountant would inform him of the substantially higher tax climate in California. This topic isn't a political one so I am at a loss as to you characterizing it as such.

That wasn't me asking for someone to actually give me a list of reasons, I believe you you said before that you were an English major, so it is safe to assume you know what a rhetorical question is.

Going on about taxes is a sure fire way to start a political thread. In fact this thread has already been derailed as such. This isn't open to debate, if you need help I can direct you here.

Specifically rule #8.
8. Staying on topic: Rams Talk will remain about Rams news, events, games, players, and / or alumni. Off topic [OT] comments will be moved to appropriate sections or removed by the administrators.

steferfootball

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Specifically rule #8.
8. Staying on topic: Rams Talk will remain about Rams news, events, games, players, and / or alumni. Off topic [OT] comments will be moved to appropriate sections or removed by the administrators.
Fine. We will just talk about Jeff Fisher in the Politics forum. :D

Personally I think taxes are relevant to the thread. It is merely exploring a motivation of why or why not he would go to to cali. As long as people don't get hung up on taxes. But that is jmo.

Though STL-Rams already pointed out a better reason. Fisher was the coach that was around the Houston-Tennessee move.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
That wasn't me asking for someone to actually give me a list of reasons, I believe you you said before that you were an English major, so it is safe to assume you know what a rhetorical question is.

Going on about taxes is a sure fire way to start a political thread. In fact this thread has already been derailed as such. This isn't open to debate, if you need help I can direct you here.

Specifically rule #8.

If I said anything it was that I'm NOT an english major. I also "wasn't going on" about taxes. I presented such as a real concern if one were to find their job moving to California. Same thing for privacy as has been reported about him already.

As for the applicability of rule #8 in this instance...... I disagree.

Anonymous

steferfootball said:
bluecoconuts said:
Specifically rule #8.
Fine. We will just talk about Jeff Fisher in the Politics forum. :D

Personally I think taxes are relevant to the thread. It is merely exploring a motivation of why or why not he would go to to cali. As long as people don't get hung up on taxes. But that is jmo.

Though STL-Rams already pointed out a better reason. Fisher was the coach that was around the Houston-Tennessee move.

It could be that Fisher doesn't want to go through that again. Who could blame him? As for taxes.....both TX and TN do not have a state income tax. So that's a wash.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don''t think taxes or media would be RELEVANT reasons for Fisher to become the St. Louis coach, the stress of moving a franchise, could be taxing though.

steferfootball

Starter
DR RAM said:
I don''t think taxes or media would be RELEVANT reasons for Fisher to become the St. Louis coach, the stress of moving a franchise, could be taxing though.
I agree, though it may be a personal factor -- Probably a small one.

IIRC, Florida has no income tax. (Miami Job) And he doesn't seem to be going for the Miami job despite a lucrative offer, so money doesn't seem to be the primary factor.