Jim Thomas tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Rams express interest in interviewing Miami interim hc Todd Bowles for their head-coaching vacancy, according to league sources.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
"Rooney Rule"... just saying. No way in hell we go the coordinator to head coach route again.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was the interim head coach in Miami.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
bluecoconuts said:
Id rather pluck the OC from Green Bay.

Mike McCarthy?? I don't think he's goin anywhere. :ww:

Oh and my 1st thought when I saw tweet, I thought it was "OMG, Todd and I had so much fun last nite! No 1 was more deserving of this firing!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yes, he would satisfy that rule, but Bowles is a riser and very highly regarded by NFL teams. He is considered to be be very tough but fair. It's said that he did a very nice job as the interim coach in Miami.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I actually like Bowles.

Already has some HC experience(granted, it was 3 weeks, but still better then none), is a former player and could bring in Sparano as the OL Coach(Sparano is a damn good OL Coach).

Wouldn't have a problem with him at all.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lesson said:
I actually like Bowles.

Already has some HC experience(granted, it was 3 weeks, but still better then none), is a former player and could bring in Sparano as the OL Coach(Sparano is a damn good OL Coach).

He would currently be a hot defensive coordinator prospect, so you never know, Rams could be looking at him in that capacity too.

Lesson

Oh, really?
DR RAM said:
Lesson said:
I actually like Bowles.

He would currently be a hot defensive coordinator prospect, so you never know, Rams could be looking at him in that capacity too.

Me gusta Flajole.

But whoever the new HC is probably wouldn't bring him in as DC(if he's lucky, he'll be brought back as LB coach).

:cry:

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lesson said:
I actually like Bowles.

I have been pushing this for awhile. Whoever the Rams get at coach, I would love for Sparano to come in here to coach OL.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
DR RAM said:
Yes, he would satisfy that rule, but Bowles is a riser and very highly regarded by NFL teams. He is considered to be be very tough but fair. It's said that he did a very nice job as the interim coach in Miami.

+1. He was a heck of a player in his day and highly respected around the league as a coach. Would not be upset at all to have him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
DR RAM said:

+1. He was a heck of a player in his day and highly respected around the league as a coach. Would not be upset at all to have him.
Kind of flies in the face of the whole "WE NEED AN EXPERIENCED AND ESTABLISHED HEAD COACH" mantra though. Doesn't it? I don't think his few games as interim qualifies as experience or established. That said, all I care about is whether or not he can keep a team together and focused on one goal while forsaking individual achievements. And he shouldn't dabble in the selection of cheerleaders either. I'm still in the running for that job.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Faceplant said:
DR RAM said:

Kind of flies in the face of the whole "WE NEED AN EXPERIENCED AND ESTABLISHED HEAD COACH" mantra though. Doesn't it? I don't think his few games as interim qualifies as experience or established. That said, all I care about is whether or not he can keep a team together and focused on one goal while forsaking individual achievements. And he shouldn't dabble in the selection of cheerleaders either. I'm still in the running for that job.
It does, but Kroenke did say that they would keep all doors open essentially, including coordinators. It's fans that don't want to risk it, because it hasn't worked here, but obviously it does work sometimes.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:
Faceplant said:
DR RAM said:

Agreed. Every great coach was inexperienced at one point. I think most on here agree that the best formula is to make STABILITY more of a priority. I know there are a TON of variables when it comes to success in the NFL, but some coaches just "get it", where others never seem to catch on to or grasp the reigns at this level....regardless of how many chances they get (Turner, Mangenius and Carroll come to mind). Not sure what direction the Rams will go, but I would love to be a fly on the wall for these interviews....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Faceplant said:
X said:
Faceplant said:
DR RAM said:

Agreed. Every great coach was inexperienced at one point. I think most on here agree that the best formula is to make STABILITY more of a priority. I know there are a TON of variables when it comes to success in the NFL, but some coaches just "get it", where others never seem to catch on to or grasp the reigns at this level....regardless of how many chances they get (Turner, Mangenius and Carroll come to mind). Not sure what direction the Rams will go, but I would love to be a fly on the wall for these interviews....
Me too. You know that guys like Bellicheck were probably not great interviewees, so you really have to do your homework.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's a shame that the first thing people think when they see/hear about a guy like Bowles is "Rooney Rule." I think that's the very antithesis of what they were trying to achieve with that rule, and I don't know why, but it bothers me that he could be written off BECAUSE of that rule. For instance, who knows if a guy like Tomlin would have even been brought in to Pittsburgh were it not for that rule. They had Whisenhunt on staff already if I'm not mistaken.

And to think the Dolphins passed on BOTH of them in 2007. :omg: :oops:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
It's a shame that the first thing people think when they see/hear about a guy like Bowles is "Rooney Rule." I think that's the very antithesis of what they were trying to achieve with that rule, and I don't know why, but it bothers me that he could be written off BECAUSE of that rule. For instance, who knows if a guy like Tomlin would have even been brought in to Pittsburgh were it not for that rule. They had Whisenhunt on staff already if I'm not mistaken.

And to think the Dolphins passed on BOTH of them in 2007. :omg: :oops:
Thanks for saying that, I was looking for a way to say it, and it kept coming off wrong. I don't like the rule because of what you said, and it's horrible in this day and age to have to implement it. I don't like any form of racism including anti-racism.