Gameday Menu Thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Alright guys. We have four days of football coming this week!

What foods does everyone have planned?

I was wanting to do detroit style pizza with in n out style toppings but the wife said that sounded absolutely disgusting - so I am back to the drawing board.

What's on your menu!?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pork Roast, of course! Good for vegetables, potatoes and roast slathered with gravy. Or, BBQ pork roast sammiches with BBQ bread & butter pickles!

@Merlin is probably having something like nachos or hot wings. Boooring!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was wanting to do detroit style pizza with in n out style toppings but the wife said that sounded absolutely disgusting - so I am back to the drawing board.
I will occasionally do up a cheeseburger pizza, which I use ground beef with american cheese and thin lines of thousand island across the top of the pie. Quite good I think but my wife isn't a big fan either, she prefers to go taco meat seasoning on the beef, cheddar cheese on a tomatilla sauce with thin lines of sour cream. I have to admit the taco version is superior.

Will probably be at the bar talking shite and dropping gameday thread bombs. But if we stay home for the game pizza sounds very tempting.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had a random craving yesterday. All I knew was like guesses at what this dip was. I could almost taste it and remember eating it and loving it. But I could not remember what the heck it was. . . I texted my wife, my sister. . . trying to figure it out.

Through some google searches I finally found the recipe. I think I'll make it for the Sunday day games.

Q729

Legend
I'm just gonna fry some chicken wings and fries. Or maybe nothing lol.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'm going to make some Picanha & outside skirt steak in the smoker, finishing it with a reverse sear.
Picanha is one of my favorite cuts (sirloin cap). Very underrated, great choice!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm going to make some Picanha & outside skirt steak in the smoker, finishing it with a reverse sear.

Picanha is one of my favorite cuts (sirloin cap). Very underrated, great choice!
Picanha isn’t a cut we get out here in So Cal, but Tri Tip is available everywhere.

My family loves Tri tip.

Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Picanha isn’t a cut we get out here in So Cal, but we Tri Tip is available everywhere.

My family loves Tri tip.
Definitely can get it here, just got to look around. Places like CCM market in Commerce carry it. Your starting to see it more thanks to the popularity of Brazilian churrascarias.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One thing I like getting at the hispanic markets is a pre-marinated skirt or flank steak. Used to do that in Vegas and let it sit overnight before throwing it on some coals. I miss having that option in the midwest where I now live, gotta do them up myself and mine never quite have the same flavor.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Homemade pizza. With Jimmy Dean sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives. I like to saute the mushroom in butter before putting on the pizza. A combo of mozzarella cheese, sharp cheese and parmesan cheese. I use a low carb pizza dough that I get from Amazon. Less guilt over eating too much. :sunglasses:

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee
I usually only murder cats when I need new guitar strings, but I'm open to recipe suggestions in this situation. I hear Applebee's has a secret roadkill menu that includes grit-blackened kitty, but you have to cheap shot your server's knee from under the table to access it....
images.jpeg

Awwww.....sorry, buddy, just kidding....sort of....

Seriously though, I'm all about the Guac and/or wings for game day. The secret is to make the guacamole the night before with plenty of whatever seasonings you like - I go cilantro, garlic, & a little finely chopped jalapeno & onion. The secret for flavorful juicy wings is lightly poaching the chicken in seasoned water before frying or baking.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Definitely can get it here, just got to look around. Places like CCM market in Commerce carry it. Your starting to see it more thanks to the popularity of Brazilian churrascarias.
I’ll have to keep my eyes out.
I’m in the IE and have never seen it in stores.
I haven’t seen it in Sam’s Club either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I usually only murder cats when I need new guitar strings, but I'm open to recipe suggestions in this situation. I hear Applebee's has a secret roadkill menu that includes grit-blackened kitty
Hey man, there’s nothing funny about dead cats