Dumbest thing i've read recently

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
have to get this off my chest. mods can put this in it's proper thread if need be, but i read pure ignorance from some troll on a youtube video (i know, i know.....let me present my case though).

rick beato has a channel (rather good if you really like music), and his topic was will there ever be another guitar hero again?

and then this gem appeared in the comment section

Name left out by me.......
:"I've seen 4 VanHalen concerts, and Eddie NEVER improvises. It's ALWAYS the same canned riffs and solos. BORING !! They are AWESOME. But don't claim Eddie is spontaneous or improvises. And Brian May has always sucked off the coat tails of the rest of the band. May is talented. But not a creative force."

the van halen one was bad enough, however, this troll obviously has never listened to any queen music other than we will rock you (which brian wrote btw) or bohemian rhapsody. or anything else that brian may has done. almost as dumb as saying alex liefson sucked off the coattails of geddy lee and neil peart.

thank you for your time.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Think he may be talking about how entertaining live acts are with van Halen. Without knowing any better and never seeing them live, EVH is rumored to be lazy. Couple that with Diamond Dave's alcoholism and Hagar's bland catalog with VH, would give his perspective some reasonable context for playing within limited boundaries.

Having seen a number of shows, I can tell you that performers like Weezer, System of a Down, Ozzy, and the Pixies are very bland live. You're better off spending money seeing real entertainers like Godsmack, Iron Maiden, and Zakk Wylde (when not playing with Ozzy).

I agree on your assessment with Brian May and Liefson. Both underrated due to the talent surrounding them.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Haven't seen a lot of live shows... but I did see The Time at the House of Blues on Sunset Blvd.

They were so much fun live. Morris Day really knows how to play to a crowd.

Saw Stevie Wonder at the Irvine Amphitheater... never again. Stevie was amazing, but the venue had super strict ending times so even though he was feeling the crowd and wanted to go on (felt like it woulda been a long time, too), he had to leave...no encores...nuthin. He didn't seem happy about it, that's for sure.

I saw a couple of concerts at the Greek and all, but one were good. But yeah, one of them was really plain... felt like I was listening to the radio.

When KISS came back, they specifically said that they came back because rock shows around that time sucked... guys phoning it in, no stage presence...

But yeah, the idea that Brian May isn't a creative force is just silly.