Dick Vermeil

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

steferfootball

Starter
Lesson said:
Yamahopper said:
I have no idea if the results would have been any better, but they couldn't have been any worse. But there would have been more left for the future if they had survived to coach next year.
A lot of people here said at end of training camp that they were in a win now mode and I guess we know now they were.

Giving any first time HC full control over the 53 is insane. That is earned over time. If the Rams hire a experienced coach like Fisher they will have to give that for him to come here. But he has a track record to look at.

None of this matters anymore because without the change in GM/coach close to 50% of the roster would have got flipped over the winter due to all the 1 year contracts. Now it will be over 6o%.

I was wondering if how old this team got over the last couple seasons had any affect on the decision. Honestly it's hard to claim your rebuilding with the 2nd oldest D and 6th oldest team in the league.

:whoa: Weren't they the third youngest in 2009? Holy shyte
Amazing how that happened. Iguess that was the strategy to cope with the lockout. :(

Any combination of:
James Hall (34)
Justin Bannan (32)
Fred Robbins (34)
Brady Poppinga (32)

Could all be easily be gone next year. That will make us so much younger right off the bat.

Lesson

Oh, really?
steferfootball said:
Lesson said:
Yamahopper said:
I have no idea if the results would have been any better, but they couldn't have been any worse. But there would have been more left for the future if they had survived to coach next year.
A lot of people here said at end of training camp that they were in a win now mode and I guess we know now they were.

Giving any first time HC full control over the 53 is insane. That is earned over time. If the Rams hire a experienced coach like Fisher they will have to give that for him to come here. But he has a track record to look at.

None of this matters anymore because without the change in GM/coach close to 50% of the roster would have got flipped over the winter due to all the 1 year contracts. Now it will be over 6o%.

I was wondering if how old this team got over the last couple seasons had any affect on the decision. Honestly it's hard to claim your rebuilding with the 2nd oldest D and 6th oldest team in the league.

Amazing how that happened. Iguess that was the strategy to cope with the lockout. :(

Any combination of:
James Hall (34)
Justin Bannan (32)
Fred Robbins (34)
Brady Poppinga (32)

Could all be easily be gone next year. That will make us so much younger right off the bat.

Would have been fine going 5-11 or 6-10 with a younger team instead of an older one that went 2-14.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Lesson said:
Yamahopper said:

Well how much does that stat change if we didnt sign Al Harris??

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
steferfootball said:
Lesson said:
Would have been fine going 5-11 or 6-10 with a younger team instead of an older one that went 2-14.
You and I both. :cry:

Would have been happier to go 2-14 with a YOUNG team than 2-14 with older, one year contract players. This in my opinion was Spags death knell.....

Anonymous

Faceplant said:
steferfootball said:
Lesson said:

Would have been happier to go 2-14 with a YOUNG team than 2-14 with older, one year contract players. This in my opinion was Spags death knell.....

Yep.

steferfootball

Starter
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:
steferfootball said:
Lesson said:

Yep.
Much of the strategy was a good idea at the time imo. Biggest problem is that the veterans came here and played like rookies.

There were a few players I didn't want to see cut, like Jabarra.

I don't understand what happened to Ben Leiber - he was a decent player in Minnesota.

But at the end of the day, at least we signed them to 1 year deals - we aren’t stuck with many ugly contracts.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:
steferfootball said:
Lesson said:

Yep.
Much of the strategy was a good idea at the time imo. Biggest problem is that the veterans came here and played like rookies.

There were a few players I didn't want to see cut, like Jabarra.

I don't understand what happened to Ben Leiber - he was a decent player in Minnesota.

But at the end of the day, at least we signed them to 1 year deals - we aren’t stuck with many ugly contracts.

Well some of our oldest vets(30+) were the only decent signings (Harris, Bannan, Mikell, Dahl, Lloyd). The young guys didnt workout at all (MSW, Norwood, Diles, Muir). Leber was awful. Poppinga had his ups and downs. Cadillac didnt do much.