Devaney's statement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I want to thank so many people for my time here in St. Louis. While certainly disappointed in our record, I wouldn’t trade that time for anything. This is truly a special place. I thank old and new friends made. I thank Stan Kroenke, Chip Rosenbloom, Lucia Rodriguez and the entire Rams organization. I wish you all much success. I thank all Rams fans. You are really great, great fans.

To all in St. Louis, I’ll meet you further on up the road. Cheers!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
I want to thank so many people for my time here in St. Louis. While certainly disappointed in our record, I wouldn’t trade that time for anything. This is truly a special place. I thank old and new friends made. I thank Stan Kroenke, Chip Rosenbloom, Lucia Rodriguez and the entire Rams organization. I wish you all much success. I thank all Rams fans. You are really great, great fans.

Huh?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
X said:

Huh?
:idk: That's what he said.

Maybe he's waiting somewhere on the interstate for someone to give him a lift? I dunno.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

Huh?

Maybe he's waiting somewhere on the interstate for someone to give him a lift? I dunno.
Pretty close to his other statement, I guess slighting Devaney was intended since he didn't mention him again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

Huh?

Pretty close to his other statement, I guess slighting Devaney was intended since he didn't mention him again.
Huh? This IS Devaney's statement.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

Huh?

Oh, that's why I was confused, LOL.

Funny, he didn't mention Spags. Yeah, definitely the relationship was broken in some way, no?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, neither thanked the other. Maybe they view each other as the reason for their failure. Who knows.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Yeah, neither thanked the other. Maybe they view each other as the reason for their failure. Who knows.
Yeah probably true, but for neither guy to take the high road, seems petty. They will be linked in infamy on the PD.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

Huh?

Oh, that's why I was confused, LOL.

Funny, he didn't mention Spags. Yeah, definitely the relationship was broken in some way, no?

It did sound like pretty much exactly what Spags said. Maybe he's a tad bitter at Spags for cutting 10 of his draft picks since the '09 draft also not putting them in better situations to succeed and Spags is pissed at him for not providing more good players. They probably both feel the other is somewhat responsible and they both maybe right about that. Unfortunately maybe it affected their friendship.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If that's true, it makes me feel alot better about the state the team is in now. I don't want any dissent b/w the owner, GM, and HC. Granted, I'll always be a fan of Spags (thanks for giving the Rams a foundation and of course beating the hell out of Tom Brady), but again if its true, it's for the better we start fresh.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Angry Ram said:
If that's true, it makes me feel alot better about the state the team is in now. I don't want any dissent b/w the owner, GM, and HC. Granted, I'll always be a fan of Spags (thanks for giving the Rams a foundation and of course beating the hell out of Tom Brady), but again if its true, it's for the better we start fresh.

Yes, both class acts in every sense in my opinion and I think Spags is a good coach, probably just wrong circumstances at the time. He needed better players, better luck and more time. I'm also very appreciative of the G men beating the Patriots that year. I totally understand the FO needing to make these moves though at this time for the fanbase and paying loyal customers that are out of patience.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
X said:
Yeah probably true, but for neither guy to take the high road, seems petty. They will be linked in infamy on the PD.

Maybe a custody fight over who gets the 4 pillars. :sly:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yamahopper said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

Funny.

I'll say this, watching this whole loudmouth coached team (Jets) totally implode, you have to be impressed that Spags held this team together under the circumstances of the season. It was the point that X and many others tried to make, and it's not a little thing. Even though he's gone, we didn't have ANY locker room cancers that emerged. Props for that.

Rex admitted to losing the pulse of the team. Sound familiar? I heard Linehan basically say the same thing two years in a row. The first time that he said it, I was done with him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@wingoz trey wingo
If you listen carefully, you can actually hear the jets continuing to implode.

It’s gotten so bad in the Jets’ locker room that the rookie third-string quarterback is unloading on his teammates.

Greg McElroy, a seventh-round draft pick who spent his first year in the NFL on injured reserve after suffering a thumb injury in the preseason, went back home to Alabama this week and promptly did an interview with 97.3 The Zone in which he trashed the culture of the Jets.

“It’s definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you,” McElroy said of the Jets’ locker room. “It’s the first time I’ve ever been around extremely selfish individuals. And I think that’s maybe the nature of the NFL. But there were people within our locker room that didn’t care whether we won or lost as long as they got theirs, they had a good game individually. And that’s the disappointing thing.”

McElroy didn’t mention any of those “extremely selfish individuals” by name, but he was responding to a question about the reports regarding Santonio Holmes being a divisive figure in the locker room, and he didn’t say anything to suggest those reports are erroneous.

But McElroy, who was a well-respected team leader with a reputation as a fine scholar-athlete at Alabama, said he loves Jets coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and believes the current coaching staff will turn the team around.

“It’s going to take a lot to kind of come together next year,” McElroy said. “I think the fact that we struggled at times this year really led to a really corrupt mindset within the locker room. But I think we’re going to regroup and I know that we’ll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year.”

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
@wingoz trey wingo

It’s gotten so bad in the Jets’ locker room that the rookie third-string quarterback is unloading on his teammates.

Greg McElroy, a seventh-round draft pick who spent his first year in the NFL on injured reserve after suffering a thumb injury in the preseason, went back home to Alabama this week and promptly did an interview with 97.3 The Zone in which he trashed the culture of the Jets.

“It’s definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you,” McElroy said of the Jets’ locker room. “It’s the first time I’ve ever been around extremely selfish individuals. And I think that’s maybe the nature of the NFL. But there were people within our locker room that didn’t care whether we won or lost as long as they got theirs, they had a good game individually. And that’s the disappointing thing.”

McElroy didn’t mention any of those “extremely selfish individuals” by name, but he was responding to a question about the reports regarding Santonio Holmes being a divisive figure in the locker room, and he didn’t say anything to suggest those reports are erroneous.

But McElroy, who was a well-respected team leader with a reputation as a fine scholar-athlete at Alabama, said he loves Jets coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and believes the current coaching staff will turn the team around.

“It’s going to take a lot to kind of come together next year,” McElroy said. “I think the fact that we struggled at times this year really led to a really corrupt mindset within the locker room. But I think we’re going to regroup and I know that we’ll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year.”
I'm hearing that at least 3 players will be moved, maybe more.

superfan24

Starter
X said:
@wingoz trey wingo

:rofl: LMAO
This would NEVER happen with a Spags coached team and certainly will not happen with the Rams in the next few years with the guys already in place. Let's keep it that way!!!!!
Funny, when they were winning everyone said it was the best place to play especially for Rex and now the true character shows.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
X said:
@wingoz trey wingo

The Rams were planning to draft McElroy before the Jets took him. He said after he was picked the Rams had told him if he was there they would take him.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Yamahopper said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

Funny.

I'll say this, watching this whole loudmouth coached team (Jets) totally implode, you have to be impressed that Spags held this team together under the circumstances of the season. It was the point that X and many others tried to make, and it's not a little thing. Even though he's gone, we didn't have ANY locker room cancers that emerged. Props for that.

Rex admitted to losing the pulse of the team. Sound familiar? I heard Linehan basically say the same thing two years in a row. The first time that he said it, I was done with him.

Rex did this all his self. Like they say you can't fool the locker room and he tried to. He brought in players and promised things he couldn't deliver and made boasts that was impossible for his players to live up to. He got away from the core of what his team did best and catered to a few primadonna's. That started with his Revis ass kissing the season before. He's a decent coach but a excellent media whore.

Yes Spags kept it together to the end so did Billy D. Have to give them props for that. And if there was a rift between them they kept it private and I doubt if we will ever know or that it's any of our business.
I don't read anything into either statement or lack of mention of the other. That phase of Ram history is closed.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
@wingoz trey wingo

McElroy's statements are absolutely correct. He'd also be ten million times better than the first round quarterback they drafted. Unfortunately, the Jets are probably going to cut him for "insubordination" and "contributing to the lack of team chemistry". Not that I care; anything that makes that team implode further is a good thing in my eyes. We could also pick up McElroy to be the back-up to Bradford.

:cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Esiason-Sanchez-like-a-chihiuahua.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Esi ... witterfeed</a>

The piling on of the New York Jets fiasco finish continues from a variety of angles.

One-time Jets quarterback turned broadcaster Boomer Esiason said that current Jets QB Mark Sanchez reminded him of a chihuahua with the way he played down the stretch this season.

Esiason told WEEI-AM 850 in Boston in a story picked up by NFL.com that "If you watched Mark Sanchez the last month of the season, he was like a chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what, and just so shaky."

Boomer also lowered the boom on Jets coach Rex Ryan, GM Mike Tannenbaum and receiver Santonio Holmes, all of whom have been easy targets this week as the Jets melted down to end the season at 8-8.

"I think that (coach) Rex Ryan's ways have come back to haunt him," Esiason said. "And (general manager) Mike Tannenbaum ... has a lot of responsibility in this regard, [hil]because they have put a lot of bad guys together in this locker room.[/hil] There's a good core of players for the New York Jets. But unfortunately, all it takes is one guy. And Rex Ryan giving Santonio Holmes the captain's 'C' on the chest was an absolute embarrassment. It's a slap in the face of all the good guys in that locker room."

Next season, maybe Sanchez will get the "C" for chihuahua.