Covid-19 Vaccination

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I'm with @-X- here. I'm not opposed at all to people getting it. That's fine. But I won't be getting it. Not for quite a while. The thought of it being rushed...it makes me nervous.

I have this argument with my wife and mother in law and sister in law. They are too political for their own good and refuse. I told them it's no different than the polio vaccine. They think im nuts that I plan to get it eventually....if I'm satisfied with results.

But, for real, the long term effects scare the shit out of me...the not knowing. They talk shit to me for getting the flu shot too. Lol

ozarkram

Duke of Earl
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the end my wife convinced me to get it. Too her way of thinking if all goes well with me. She and her girls (my two younger daughters) will get it. If not they get the insurance and all the benies. Quite practical that woman.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Welp.

Got an antibody test and it was positive. I knew when I felt “off” a couple months back, and went to get tested, that the results of THAT test would mean nothing. Hell, my doctor told me at that time that I could get a false positive or a false negative. It was negative then, but I guess I was just asymptomatic and had the virus

Now my doctor tells me I could get a second (different) antibody test to confirm this latest result. Know what? Enough. We’re done here. If none of these tests are reliable enough, then I’m good with waiting on actually getting sick, or not. No more of this insanity. I’m done.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Had the shot....sore arm and a little fatigued today.

I did get assimilated into the collective so I have that going for me.
Yes but do you feel the need to get your loved ones any Valentine's Day gifts? Why do you think the CDC is ramping up the vaccine so close to Valentine's Day? Damn you Hallmark!!!

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes but do you feel the need to get your loved ones any Valentine's Day gifts? Why do you think the CDC is ramping up the vaccine so close to Valentine's Day? Damn you Hallmark!!!
I actually dont, but the weeks not over yet lol

oldnotdead

Legend
I'm getting my second vaccination next Wednesday. The first one gave me muscular pain for 24 hours. I controlled that with a couple of Tylenol. My 95 yr old mother got her first shot and had zero side effects. We both got the Moderna which IMO is a better choice. Not so much in the vaccine but because of the Moderna is handled no differently than a flu shot. IMO that reduces the issue of a handling error where the Pfizer vaccine requires special handling. As someone who has administered vaccinations, and worked in a hospital & outpatient clinic I understand how errors can happen especially when special handling is required.

That said I'm a huge proponent of either vaccine. There is only one way for us as a nation to put down this pandemic and it's via vaccinations. I've lost too many friends and family members to his horrific illness and I've seen the suffering first hand. I find it incomprehensible that people balk at the only protection against it.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@oldnotdead I was only offered the Pfizer vaccination. My arm feels better today, as well as my energy level. Next shot March 2nd.

Please let us know how your 2nd goes.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
[QUOTE="oldnotdead, post: 1433130, member: 5013"
That said I'm a huge proponent of either vaccine. There is only one way for us as a nation to put down this pandemic and it's via vaccinations. I've lost too many friends and family members to his horrific illness and I've seen the suffering first hand. I find it incomprehensible that people balk at the only protection against it.
[/QUOTE]

I have lost no one and know no one that has. And in my circle that is not unusual.

I respect everyones opinion with the vaccine. We are a divided nation right now because of this lack of respect.

That is all I want to say about that.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@oldnotdead I was only offered the Pfizer vaccination. My arm feels better today, as well as my energy level. Next shot March 2nd.

Please let us know how your 2nd goes.
Been hearing that, but more common with the second inoculation. Not unusual. Pops took his Monday no side effect.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i'll either get it or i won't. huh, i should've been a meteorologist with that thought processing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll keep my expanded opinions to myself.

Kroger corporation is offering $100 to employees who choose to vaccinate. I will not be getting the shot(s). That is my decision and i'm thankful the company let it be MY decision.

I have been working straight through the pandemic since the beginning. PPE has been made available to employees but preventive procedures like limited capacity in stores, employee temperature checks, expanded sanitation etc fell off many many months ago and it's business as usual with the exception of mask mandates.

I wish everyone the best in their decisions regarding vaccination, and from talking to others close to me in the health care and first response industry, i'm glad and relieved they are also being given the choice.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got my second phizer shot Friday. Feeling great. Also I work in the health field. Most people I talk to have quelled my concerns about it.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Got the first awhile back, and getting the second Saturday. No side effects at all.

I’m 72, snd in great shape, since @RamFan503 advised me to eat White Castle at least 3 times a week.

Didn’t really care either way, but Mari wanted me to get it , so....
And been exposed 3 times - 3 negative tests.

Apparently COVID is averse to alcohol and nicotine.
Got my second shot Saturday morning (Moderna).
Very minor pain at the shot site, which is pretty much gone today.
Otherwise, again no side effects.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
It is such a tough call, I am 57 not quite in the highest risk category but my wife 57 smokes which scares the hell out of me. I am tested a min of 3x a week and contact traced through a device. We have had several cases at work with some serious illnesses. I have also had some coworkers and friends of family pass away.
I share all the rational concers and skepticism.
Other than those whom have contracted c19 at work and are now back working, there are those too even more affected by diving deep into all the possible negative outcomes from C19.
I manage a team that is usually around 20 people and there are a couple who are really suffering from the fear of what covid is and may be.

It is a truly challenging time and my job has doubled in difficulty and complexity due to the times

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It is such a tough call, I am 57 not quite in the highest risk category but my wife 57 smokes which scares the hell out of me. I am tested a min of 3x a week and contact traced through a device. We have had several cases at work with some serious illnesses. I have also had some coworkers and friends of family pass away.
I share all the rational concers and skepticism.
Other than those whom have contracted c19 at work and are now back working, there are those too even more affected by diving deep into all the possible negative outcomes from C19.
I manage a team that is usually around 20 people and there are a couple who are really suffering from the fear of what covid is and may be.

It is a truly challenging time and my job has doubled in difficulty and complexity due to the times
Try not to worry too much about your wife's smoking in regards to Covid. I know it sounds crazy but it seems smokers fair better than non smokers. Seems smoking dampens your immune response which actually leads to a better outcome. A lot that don't fair well is due to immunes system overreacting and causing problems. I guess a vice can have benefits sometimes.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I called my doctor's office. Was told they don't have any vaccines. Referred me to a website. Screw that. I'll get vaccinated when its as available as the flu shot I get every year. I don't have any travel plans anyway.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hope I can get it soon. My family has been hit hard. My mom got infected back in Dec and is still having problems. My Dad also got it at the same time and he died from it 3 weeks ago.
REALLY sorry to see this man. I have been constantly worried about my parents through all this shit.
Both of my parents got their 1st shots on Jan 28th... and they have had zero side effects so far.
My parents got their first one on the 26th of Jan. They are being scheduled for their 2nd. No side effects from the first one. Fingers crossed for the second.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
REALLY sorry to see this man. I have been constantly worried about my parents through all this shit.

My parents got their first one on the 26th of Jan. They are being scheduled for their 2nd. No side effects from the first one. Fingers crossed for the second.

Hell... the medical experts should just extract some of your Pops blood and use that to cure every health problem on the planet. :fistbump:

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
I don't begrudge anyone who gets the shot. I will say this, as someone who had Covid, I will be waiting for a long time before I get it. I will probably have to once we start to travel overseas again. If you are young and healthy with no comorbidities I would suggest you wait as long as you can, let others who are at more risk get it first. If you do have comorbidities, get in line.

I also understand they are trying to synthesize Chuck Norris's blood to come up with another vaccine that kills all viruses at the same. time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The vaccine just became available in Australia about a week ago. We're always last in line.

But here in Sydney there has been zero locally transmitted cases for 5 weeks so there's no hurry.

Even though I am in the high risk category I think I'm gonna wait and see what the side effects are from this thing.