CB Darious Williams OUT at least 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm not dooming and glooming (I was just being funny) but it sucks that we can't start the season off with everyone healthy. As someone said earlier, next man up!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well this season was always gonna be about how well the corners hold up. It's our biggest question mark group. So it figures it looks shit to kick things off.

Let's hope the front plays lights out. But yes I already picked Detroit because of our OTs so when we win this game you guys are fucking welcome. :laugh3:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The DBs matter less than our ability to get Goff off his spot.

Verse and Agent 0 need to show up and show out!

Psycho_X

Legend
It will be a challenge for sure. Veteran Decker at LT is very good; and Sewell at RT is one of the best.
With Goff, pressure up the middle was always a bigger problem for him and his giraffe legs. Fiske and Turner need to cement their claim as the new kings in town after ADs departure. Detroit is solid across the whole line so will be good test.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The DBs matter less than our ability to get Goff off his spot.

Verse and Agent 0 need to show up and show out!
Quite true but in this particular game, with our defensive front being young and coming together I'd imagine over the first half of the season, it would be nice to have our fucking corners to make Jared hold the ball an extra beat.

Hope now is certainly that our front dominates, but that is one hell of a good OL they have built in Detroit so it's gonna be tough.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
We might lose this game and a few more, but by the last half of the season we will be playing our best ball and we only need to get into the playoffs, then anything can happen. Go rams!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
With Goff, pressure up the middle was always a bigger problem for him and his giraffe legs. Fiske and Turner need to cement their claim as the new kings in town after ADs departure. Detroit is solid across the whole line so will be good test.
I doubt Zeitler is still good nearing 35. And Glasgow is solid, not amazing. That said, they have the best RT in football (Sewell), maybe the best Center in football (Ragnow, top 5 at minimum), and an above average LT (Decker). I say throw everything you got at the blind side (left) and see what sticks.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Pretty frustrating for our team to be limping into this game a bit with zero playtime for starters in preseason games, meanwhile, the kittens injury list is essentially empty and will be a 100% strength (and had some snaps in preseason I believe). Really was counting on Williams to play in this game and provide us with 2 good CB's to counter ARSB and Jameson. Really hoping Noteboom has his big boy pants on as he is matching up with the Lions best defender, Hutchinson. And naturally, Reader who has been hurt all preseason, is miraculously healthy for this game.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep we are depending on Boom. Also Durant if he can go. The more things change...

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Run the ball a shit-ton.

Long possessions.. wear out that fucking defense.. and keep it close until the 4th quarter.

Lions will score, I'm guessing.. but I don't think they'll stop the Rams offense.. even down on the OL.. IF.. they play a disciplined game.

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee
Pretty frustrating for our team to be limping into this game a bit with zero playtime for starters in preseason games, meanwhile, the kittens injury list is essentially empty and will be a 100% strength (and had some snaps in preseason I believe). Really was counting on Williams to play in this game and provide us with 2 good CB's to counter ARSB and Jameson. Really hoping Noteboom has his big boy pants on as he is matching up with the Lions best defender, Hutchinson. And naturally, Reader who has been hurt all preseason, is miraculously healthy for this game.
DET is healthier, for sure, but not without tender spots. IDL Cominsky & Brodric Martin are on IR & Reader's conditioning will be questionable at best . Their remaining IDL is good but relatively light. Good news for controlling the ball & protecting the defense that way. I didn't like The Rams OTs vs Hutch, Davenport & Houston in pass pro BEFORE the injuries, but the established Boom/Avila partnership cheers me up a bit as does the thought of Colby Parkinson ragdolling guys like Wun-Wun crushing wights at Hard Home.

Flipside has Zeitler bubble-wrapped early because of a shoulder & Sewell rolled his ankle last week; probably minor, but Verse will test it, I'm sure. Known as a strong starting unit but one that's ever more geezer-ish & gets nicked up every year, we'll see how the Lions OL holds up deep in the Q4 vs that young hungry high-motor Rams DL. Gibbs has been bubble-wrapped with a hammy , too.

To pre or not to pre starters is a can of worms to be left on the shelf, imo, but I like what I heard about the high-intensity 60-70 snap joint practices for the big dogs vs 3 different teams.

I also like that there has been a lot of practice without the guys who aren't Rams any more or won't play because of injury. Individual talent & experience is undoubtedly important but it's the Baratheon one fist > five fingers theory of collective strength that seems more important in a team sport to me. It's the sudden change injuries right before or during a game that really mess things up, no ?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Ummm.... did McVay ever say what happened to DW?? Why is he on IR?? Got a case of the me's after seeing Ramsey's contract??