Blackmon's Pro Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
I think Richardson is a top 5 talent, but best value in regards to depth???? I really like some of the other RB's, Wilson and Martin in particular for 3 downers, and there are a lot of 3rd down/change of pace guys that I like, and a couple of sleepers.

Not a ton of corner depth, which I wouldn't be huge on if we KEEP Bartell, or sign a FA.

If we do the inevitable and trade down, then we have to draft for value. If we do that, we could end up with 3 blue chippers in THIS draft.
Sorry Libertad and I are tag-teaming you here, but do you really think Richardson would be drafted and then used solely as depth? I would like to think the Rams would suddenly become a two-headed rushing attack MONSTER. Both Jackson and Richardson fresh all game would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. Punish a D-line long enough with that kind of stuff, and Bradford will ultimately benefit. No?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
I think Richardson is a top 5 talent, but best value in regards to depth???? I really like some of the other RB's, Wilson and Martin in particular for 3 downers, and there are a lot of 3rd down/change of pace guys that I like, and a couple of sleepers.

Not a ton of corner depth, which I wouldn't be huge on if we KEEP Bartell, or sign a FA.

If we do the inevitable and trade down, then we have to draft for value. If we do that, we could end up with 3 blue chippers in THIS draft.
[hil]Sorry Libertad and I are tag-teaming you here[/hil], but do you really think Richardson would be drafted and then used solely as depth? I would like to think the Rams would suddenly become a two-headed rushing attack MONSTER. Both Jackson and Richardson fresh all game would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. Punish a D-line long enough with that kind of stuff, and Bradford will ultimately benefit. No?
Just said in another thread here...Richardson is special, but not the best value IMO. For instance, if the Rams drafted D. Wilson, L. James, or I. Pead, etc..they could run the ball or shift to slot and be very dangerous, plus help in the return game which the Rams sorely need. Rams would never use Richardson in that capacity, and that is why I wouldn't pick him. Even if he is an upgrade over SJ (sorry SJ), he doesn't make the team significantly better. We need starters on the field.

And, I don't mind, done a lot of homework on this draft. I'm answering these questions with my GM hat on:)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

[hil]Sorry Libertad and I are tag-teaming you here[/hil], but do you really think Richardson would be drafted and then used solely as depth? I would like to think the Rams would suddenly become a two-headed rushing attack MONSTER. Both Jackson and Richardson fresh all game would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. Punish a D-line long enough with that kind of stuff, and Bradford will ultimately benefit. No?
Just said in another thread here...Richardson is special, but not the best value IMO. For instance, if the Rams drafted D. Wilson, L. James, or I. Pead, etc..they could run the ball or shift to slot and be very dangerous, plus help in the return game which the Rams sorely need. Rams would never use Richardson in that capacity, and that is why I wouldn't pick him. Even if he is an upgrade over SJ (sorry SJ), he doesn't make the team significantly better. We need starters on the field.

And, I don't mind, done a lot of homework on this draft. I'm answering these questions with my GM hat on:)
Gotcha. I just envisioned a replication of what the Giants do, and their formula for success. I'd rather the Rams copy THAT program instead of the Patriots (as was eluded to). They have a relentless rushing attack, and then can let Eli manage the game with just a good group of receivers - nothing spectacular - just very good. Plus, of course, a defense that keeps games manageable.

Lots of choices here, but I suppose you have a valid point that RB is amongst the least important. Something about Richardson screams to me that he'd be a GREAT fit here. And of course, SJ isn't getting any younger. With Fisher's MO primarily focused on the running game, Richardson just seems to be another one of those workhorse backs (and then some) who can be the centerpiece of such an offense.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's all comin around now. :twisted:

Blackmon, Amendola, Salas, DX, probably a FA, and Kendricks.

2012 Rams WRs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

Gotcha. I just envisioned a replication of what the Giants do, and their formula for success. I'd rather the Rams copy THAT program instead of the Patriots (as was eluded to). They have a relentless rushing attack, and then can let Eli manage the game with just a good group of receivers - nothing spectacular - just very good. Plus, of course, a defense that keeps games manageable.

Lots of choices here, but I suppose you have a valid point that RB is amongst the least important. Something about Richardson screams to me that he'd be a GREAT fit here. And of course, SJ isn't getting any younger. With Fisher's MO primarily focused on the running game, Richardson just seems to be another one of those workhorse backs (and then some) who can be the centerpiece of such an offense.

Jacobs was just released...just sayin...plus we will probably have two first rounders next year. Change of pace guy in the third or fourth, and we can still have that threat...plus, possibly a starting corner, or starting DT, or WR, etc... I love Richardson though. I really like Wilson also, but he's not as good as Richardson.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Jacobs was just released...just sayin...plus we will probably have two first rounders next year. Change of pace guy in the third or fourth, and we can still have that threat...plus, possibly a starting corner, or starting DT, or WR, etc... I love Richardson though. I really like Wilson also, but he's not as good as Richardson.
Yeah, I just saw that. Wonder what he'll command in free agency? And I like Wilson a lot too. Glad you brought him up. Someone showed me a video of him, so I went searching for everything I could find. The one thing that stuck out to me the most was his just incredible balance. I mean really, really good balance. Hits the hole hard too, and can get to the edge quickly. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Rams picked him up with their 33rd.