Bigramfan's Mock Draft - 1st Pick.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
This isn't exactly what I had in mind when I started but things kind of spun out of control there for a minute. All in all, I'd take it though.

Mods: Do we want a separate folder in which to place these so we don't clog up the first page?

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6 (ATL): Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn (A)
Round 1 Pick 13: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA (A)
Round 1 Pick 26 (CLE): Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 1 (HOU): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (B-)
Round 2 Pick 3 (CLE): Lamarcus Joyner, CB, Florida State (B-)
Round 2 Pick 12: Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 11: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama (A)
Round 5 Pick 13: James Wilder Jr., RB, Florida State (A)
Round 6 Pick 12: Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina (D+)
Round 7 Pick 11: Bene Benwikere, CB, San Jose State (C+)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

Alan

Legend
If you're gonna dream you might as well dream big.
I love it. Make it so Data.

I hate how easy it is to come away with so many picks, you traded down from 2 to 6 and came away with three additional firsts, and two additional seconds, not even the Redskins are that stupid.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
This isn't exactly what I had in mind when I started but things kind of spun out of control there for a minute. All in all, I'd take it though.

Mods: Do we want a separate folder in which to place these so we don't clog up the first page?

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

I don't like picks #6 and 13. My reason? well 1) I think Robinson will start as an OG in the pros. He is more of a mauler than a pass protector and Fisher is NOT going to draft an OG/OT potential with a high 1st rd. pick and Barr to me is more cut in the mold for a 3-4 defense. Great pass rusher, but not all that great in coverage.

Now .... change those picks to Dennard and Khalil Mack and I think we have a winner! ;)

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the site, but recognize it is likely just silly fun - especially because of the ease of trading down.

Like the idea of slotting these all in one thread so it doesn't clutter up the board.

Here is my best yet (by their scoring system), including trade-downs on both firsts for extra picks:

Your score is: 4604 (Drafting Ability: A, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 8 (MINN): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 1 Pick 19 (MIA): Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 8 (MINN): Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (A-)
Round 2 Pick 12: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (G.B.): Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 3 Pick 11: Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 17 (MIA): Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 21 (G.B.): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 6 Pick 12: Deion Belue, CB, Alabama (A)
Round 7 Pick 11: Hakeem Smith, SS, Louisville (A)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick (MINN)
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That site is addicting as hell to me. The trade downs are pretty easy but not that far fetched in value. They just updated it to reflect the Rams' actual picking positions except for our additional 7th and any Compensatory picks we may end up with in the end.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 2
Round 1 Pick 13
Round 2 Pick 12
Round 3 Pick 11
Round 4 Pick 10
Round 5 Pick 13
Round 6 Pick 12
Round 7 Pick 11

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Guess we should have an Unwritten rule that all trades must fall into a certain standard close or like NFL Draft Value Chart keeping the trade downs or ups a little more realistic? If the mocks are moving more & more into la la land & a bit useless even though I find many are entertaining. Maybe if we just put a disclaimer on the first line.

In truth its rare that draft selections trades go beyond the old NFL Draft Value Chart. Value is still in the eyes of the beholder. I know there are others like the old NFL Draft Value Chart but most of us old guys like me know this one well. The newer rookie pay scale has seriously increased the value of a first round top 10 picks, plus the value of most all first & second day selections from pre 2011 selections.

I Just hope Snead can figure out a way to entice & maneuver a trade down from #2 once with the Browns to #4 where we give some & the Browns give some. Having three first rd (#4-#13-#26) selections @ the cost of a 3rd or 4th rd 2013 pick is worth it to me. Getting three talented young new starters with those three selections would be key to a great draft & place us on a wave to rise from the bottom. I would target a OT/CB/OG with those 3 picks if possible.

Most NFL teams GM's will not want to be considered in the same category as the Washington Shamlesskins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I Just hope Snead can figure out a way to entice & maneuver a trade down from #2 once with the Browns to #4 where we give some & the Browns give some. Having three first rd (#4-#13-#26) selections @ the cost of a 3rd or 4th rd 2013 pick is worth it to me. Getting three talented young new starters with those three selections would be key to a great draft & place us on a wave to rise from the bottom. I would target a OT/CB/OG with those 3 picks if possible.

I'm starting to warm a little to Zack Martin (as a guard). If we were able to get Cleveland's 26, we may just be able to snare him there although I believe he is looking good at the Senior Bowl practices which will no doubt push him up some draft boards. I wouldn't necessarily target positions and with 3 1st rd picks we can afford to take BPA and have a luxury pick as well!!

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
This 1st Pick draft site does draw you in!!

Round 1 Pick 13: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State (B+)
Round 1 Pick 26 (CLE): Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame (B)
Round 2 Pick 5 (ATL): Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 7 (JAX): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (B-)
Round 2 Pick 12: Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 4 (ATL): E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri (B-)
Round 3 Pick 6 (JAX): Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 11: Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois (A)

Much like BigRamFan, It's not how I planned it but would be reasonably happy with it. Robinson and Martin can play OG or ORT if need be. Dennard is a pure cover corner and will help in our division. Getting Clinton-Dix in the 2nd was a bonus. Donald will give us another gap splitting option in the middle of the line and can roata with Langford and Brockers on passing downs initially. Allen Robinson gives a WR similar to Boldin, not that super fast guy but someone who can go up and get the ball. Gaines adds depth at CB and Hubbard provides another OLB option that can get off blocks and rush the QB. He has the frame to get bigger. Sankey can be our 3rd down back, has reasonable pass blocking skills and can get open. Garoppolo can sit behind Sam for a couple of years and then we trade him for another high draft pick!! :)

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

At 13 you can get an actual #1WR. Imagine a good offensive line and WR's that Bradford can throw to. Tavon will get space when a #1 WR blows the top off a defense.

Seriously, can you say "No I want another pass rusher" rather than some f'ing offensive POINTS! ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hate how easy it is to come away with so many picks, you traded down from 2 to 6 and came away with three additional firsts, and two additional seconds, not even the Redskins are that stupid.

Not to nitpick but he came away with two additional 1sts. But still - a bit hard to fathom as a real possibility. One could dream though.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Is it just me or do most mocks have us taking AJ McCarron somewhere?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
At 13 you can get an actual #1WR. Imagine a good offensive line and WR's that Bradford can throw to. Tavon will get space when a #1 WR blows the top off a defense.

Seriously, can you say "No I want another pass rusher" rather than some f'ing offensive POINTS! :wink:

he picked a #1 WR, Jordan Matthews.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

I'm not sure I'm following those that think this draft as far as additional picks obtained is far fetched. You have 3 picks you didn't already have by trading down twice I assume. Net gain was an additional 1st rounder, 26th, and two 2nd rounders, 1 and 3. Doable if Cleveland and Atlanta are willing to move up. It isn't too far fetched.