Best Rock Group Concerts.......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
As far as music, yeah. They’re not very good. But as far as shows go? Massive pyrotechnics, spitting up blood, smoking guitars, insane drum solos, etc. I still haven’t seen anything like it.
Yeah man. I was obsessed with Kiss as a youngster. I wore out Alive and Alive II, LOL.

Funny story. My much older brother was a deadhead and couldn't stand KISS. He reluctantly took me to a Kiss show in like 78' or 79'. I was six or seven years old at the time and was ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED by the loudness and all around Pyro, lol. My brother? To this day he says it is one of the best concerts he ever attended....

Metallica is always a very good show.

Deftones are always amazing. They released a new album yesterday. Instant classic IMO.

Alice in Chains was amazing with Latne and still good with current singer.

Sound garden was amazing live.

I saw Kix open for Whitesnake back in the Steve Vai days and Kix blew them away IMO. My band ended up opening for Kix a few years later.

Pink Floyd was always a great show.

Big Wreck, a band you haven't heard of, but should listen to, is also amazing live.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
If you did not see the Eagles with Glen Frey, you missed some history.

No other band can compare IMO.

I would tell many to go to a concert while they still had a chance. Amazing amount of talent both as a band, then as solos after they broke up for 14 years. When they played those solos as the Eagles, they even admitted breaking up was a mistake. So much better as a band.

I saw 28 Dead concerts which is amateur on many levels. And saw five Eagles concerts. I shed a tear when Glen Frey passed. Not when Jerry did. Complex. Have artwork from both bands. Is it bragging if I share? Don't want to be that guy.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If you did not see the Eagles with Glen Frey, you missed some history.

No other band can compare IMO.

I would tell many to go to a concert while they still had a chance. Amazing amount of talent both as a band, then as solos after they broke up for 14 years. When they played those solos as the Eagles, they even admitted breaking up was a mistake. So much better as a band.

I saw 28 Dead concerts which is amateur on many levels. And saw five Eagles concerts. I shed a tear when Glen Frey passed. Not when Jerry did. Complex. Have artwork from both bands. Is it bragging if I share? Don't want to be that guy.

Please share it!!!!

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Please share it!!!!
Well okay. If you insist..... :biggrin: I apologize for the glare and reflection.

Grateful Dead signed album. Artwork done in Florida by a really creative guy in 2001. Favorite album by the Dead and I had them use my vinyl from the album I had original purchased.

IMG_2619.jpg

Eagles signed album produced by the same artist in 2006 that designed the one above. We had both of these custom made with our specs. The artist came up with the great ideas for design.

IMG_2625.jpg

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya know there have been a Bunch of Bands more Talented than the Dead, But and I can never understand it,No One ever had a Greater Following...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well okay. If you insist..... :biggrin: I apologize for the glare and reflection.

Grateful Dead signed album. Artwork done in Florida by a really creative guy in 2001. Favorite album by the Dead and I had them use my vinyl from the album I had original purchased.

View attachment 39425

Eagles signed album produced by the same artist in 2006 that designed the one above. We had both of these custom made with our specs. The artist came up with the great ideas for design.

View attachment 39426

That's badass Brudda. Thanks for sharing.... finally. ;)

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pink Floyd, Boston, Elvis Costello, and the Cult were all great shows, but I remember that Janes Addiction really blew my mind. Those guys were really together, and truly rocked.

Stump23

Rookie
1st concert-Van Halen Fair Warning Tour 1981 Portland OR-festival seating. Mad dash to find a seat
Special concerts off the top of my head: 1st KROQ Weenie Roast X, Stone Temple Pilots, Terence Trent D'Arby, Gin Blossoms; 1987 U2 at the Coliseum-Joshua Tree Tour with Pretenders and Steve Jones from Sex Pistols opening; 1989 Rolling Stones Steel Wheels Tour with Living Color and Guns and Roses--the day after Axl walked off the stage and quit the band for 24 hours, several Springsteen shows, several Rush shows (RIP Neal), Judas Priest 1987 Turbo tour....several Priest shows; Iron Maiden at Irvine Meadows in the pit w/ Anthrax and Queensrhych Flight 666 tour......ahh the good ol days!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
1st concert-Van Halen Fair Warning Tour 1981 Portland OR-festival seating. Mad dash to find a seat
Special concerts off the top of my head: 1st KROQ Weenie Roast X, Stone Temple Pilots, Terence Trent D'Arby, Gin Blossoms; 1987 U2 at the Coliseum-Joshua Tree Tour with Pretenders and Steve Jones from Sex Pistols opening; 1989 Rolling Stones Steel Wheels Tour with Living Color and Guns and Roses--the day after Axl walked off the stage and quit the band for 24 hours, several Springsteen shows, several Rush shows (RIP Neal), Judas Priest 1987 Turbo tour....several Priest shows; Iron Maiden at Irvine Meadows in the pit w/ Anthrax and Queensrhych Flight 666 tour......ahh the good ol days!

T. T. Darby... was a HS friend of mine. His younger brother too.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Red Hot Chili Peppers.....saw them at a house party in Isla Vista (outside Santa Barbara) right after their first album came out
Lemmy (from Motorhead) and two of the Stray Cats in a little club playing mostly 50s rock-n-roll. Good times and got to have a drink with Lemmy.
Iron Maiden, seen them probably 30 + times. Saw them on the World Slavery Tour in Long Beach in 84, changed my direction in life, haha.
Buddy Rich Big Band in LA, had BB King and Stevie Ray Vaughn upon up playing together.
Eventually they came out and jammed with his big band.
Legendary stuff.
A bunch of other ones....
my first concert was Blue Oyster Cult at the Robertson Gym at UCSB in Dec 1977!

fearsomefour

Legend
I was at a few of these shows.

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Yeah man. I was obsessed with Kiss as a youngster. I wore out Alive and Alive II, LOL.

Funny story. My much older brother was a deadhead and couldn't stand KISS. He reluctantly took me to a Kiss show in like 78' or 79'. I was six or seven years old at the time and was ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED by the loudness and all around Pyro, lol. My brother? To this day he says it is one of the best concerts he ever attended....

Metallica is always a very good show.

Deftones are always amazing. They released a new album yesterday. Instant classic IMO.

Alice in Chains was amazing with Latne and still good with current singer.

Sound garden was amazing live.

I saw Kix open for Whitesnake back in the Steve Vai days and Kix blew them away IMO. My band ended up opening for Kix a few years later.

Pink Floyd was always a great show.

Big Wreck, a band you haven't heard of, but should listen to, is also amazing live.

Kiss was my first concert during their "Alive" tour. Foghat opened for them.

Saw them at the Forum when I was 14. Their opening was the best I can ever remember. In complete darkness two rockets light off on one end of the arena and travel the length to the stage, hits the "Kiss" sign, the sign as well as the entire stage lights up and they start wailing out some tune. It seemed unreal to me.

Many of us grew up in such a great time for music.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I haven't been to a concert in a long time. These days my ears couldn't handle the decibel levels. But if I had to pick the best concert I ever attended, it would be the Steve Miller Band during the late 70's at the Aladdin in Las Vegas. That show was awesome. ZZ Top at the Mountain Air series in Calaveras County during the mid 80's would be a close second. Earth, Wind and Fire at the Aladdin was pretty good too.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Kiss was my first concert during their "Alive" tour. Foghat opened for them.

Saw them at the Forum when I was 14. Their opening was the best I can ever remember. In complete darkness two rockets light off on one end of the arena and travel the length to the stage, hits the "Kiss" sign, the sign as well as the entire stage lights up and they start wailing out some tune. It seemed unreal to me.

Many of us grew up in such a great time for music.

I tell my kids that I liked classic rock when it wasn't classic rock. :cool:

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
my first concert was Blue Oyster Cult at the Robertson Gym at UCSB in Dec 1977!
Was that the 1 were they brought the Motorcycles and Godzilla out .

With. Plenty smoke and light show. ? .

Stump23

Rookie

View attachment 39425

View attachment 39426
Great stuff. My sister went to Cal and became a huge Deadhead. I saw them with her at the LA Sports Arena at the end of the Jerry era. He was in very poor shape then but I'm glad I saw them. Didn't quite get the whole obsession but you have to respect it.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
seeing the Rolling Stones in 78 supporting their Miss You album. @ Rich stadium (where the rams just got hosed) and to see the control Mick Jagger had over 88,000 people making each "side" of the stadium try to outyell the other, or having everyone sing along during angie . and then of course the aftermath of said group not playing an encore was something else altogether as well.
quite the jump up from my first concert of john "welcome back" sebastian opening for America, I would say