Austin Pettis suspended

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pettis issued the following statement to the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday evening: "I apologize to the St. Louis Rams, my teammates, and our fans for making a poor decision that led to my suspension. I tried Adderall, but I failed to follow the proper procedures set forth by the NFL before using such medication. I accept full responsibility and must endure the consequences for my action. I promise to emerge on the other side of this suspension as a better person and player."

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/updated-nfl-suspends-rams-pettis-for-games/article_c97f34e6-2c1e-11e1-972f-001a4bcf6878.html#ixzz1gXh01YwL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... z1gXh01YwL</a>

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'd put money he was doing that to help study the playbook.

I actually feel a little bad for him, I don't really see that as performance enhancing. Pretty borderline if you ask me.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Adderall? Isn't that used for ADHD?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ramhusker said:

Yeah a lot of students in college use them to help study and write papers. I've never used it myself, but it makes you really focused and helps you learn more information faster.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ramhusker said:
Stimulants, like Adderall, had been used for years in the past by baseball players to give them an energy boost during game time. They were commonly called "greenies" by them. With Pettis' strong family connections to MLB, I wonder if that's where he got the idea. He may have also used them to study the playbook, or even just to get high, though the latter seems unlikely given how everyone thinks he wouldn't have done it for that purpose.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
Pettis issued the following statement to the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday evening: "I apologize to the St. Louis Rams, my teammates, and our fans for making a poor decision that led to my suspension. I tried Adderall, but I failed to follow the proper procedures set forth by the NFL before using such medication. I accept full responsibility and must endure the consequences for my action. I promise to emerge on the other side of this suspension as a better person and player."
Attention Ndamukong Suh: This is how an apology is done. +man points to Pettis

I specifically liked how Pettis didn't say anything about getting himself out of the situation.

Anonymous

steferfootball said:
X said:

I specifically liked how Pettis didn't say anything about getting himself out of the situation.

Not the same as PEDs are not subjective as Suh's love stomp was. :lmao:

Oh and what a crap season this is wrapping up to be. PEDs? What next? :amped:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
squeaky wheel said:
steferfootball said:
X said:

Subjective??? :rofl:

From Suh:

"I wanted to address this," Suh said after blocking the field goal that sealed the Lions' 28-27 victory in his return. "It's something that I've dealt with and am trying to move forward with. I have apologized about it, obviously on my Facebook page, but also after the game.

"I made a mistake. The biggest thing for me is that I've dealt with and am moving past it, and happy to be back on the field with my team. The biggest thing for me is just wanting to sincerely move forward from it."

A dirty player and a liar...nice role model.

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
steferfootball said:
X said:

From Suh:

"I wanted to address this," Suh said after blocking the field goal that sealed the Lions' 28-27 victory in his return. "It's something that I've dealt with and am trying to move forward with. I have apologized about it, obviously on my Facebook page, but also after the game.

"I made a mistake. The biggest thing for me is that I've dealt with and am moving past it, and happy to be back on the field with my team. The biggest thing for me is just wanting to sincerely move forward from it."

I get it....you really dislike Suh. Yet if uncontrolled anger is the issue.....isn't the conscious decision to take PEDs a worse role model? Or if it's Lion bad Ram good.....then the pic is clear. :tooth: :roll:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
steferfootball said:
X said:

From Suh:

I get it....you really dislike Suh. Yet if uncontrolled anger is the issue.....isn't the conscious decision to take PEDs a worse role model? Or if it's Lion bad Ram good.....then the pic is clear. :tooth: :roll:
I'm pretty positive you don't get it. Suh is fair game and the stomp is far from subjective if he admits to doing it. Pettis admitted to what he did, and he didn't lie about first. Obviously you don't see the difference Rams, or Lions, or Bears, oh my. Do I think Suh is a dirty ass player, I have visual proof....lots of it. Do I think Pettis did wrong? Hell yes. Next.

steferfootball

Starter
DR RAM said:
Do I think Pettis did wrong? Hell yes. Next.
What Pettis did wrong was a bit of a technicality, and he took complete responsibility. It really wasn't that big of a deal.

Speaking of which 2 games for smashing a head 3 times, then stomping (while being a repeat offender of such dirty stuff) vs 4 games for a technicality in a rule.

Ahh, whatever this isn't suh vs pettis.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
steferfootball said:
DR RAM said:
What Pettis did wrong was a bit of a technicality, and he took complete responsibility. It really wasn't that big of a deal.

Speaking of which 2 games for smashing a head 3 times, then stomping (while being a repeat offender of such dirty stuff) vs 4 games for a technicality in a rule.

I think Pettis could kick Suh's ass, personally.

"He's wiry." :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN7r7nk0-zc[/youtube]

Anonymous

X said:
steferfootball said:
DR RAM said:

I think Pettis could kick Suh's ass, personally.

"He's wiry." :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN7r7nk0-zc[/youtube]

Sure Pettis could kick Suh's ass...but while running for his life he had better not stumble or his 4.61 40 time won't give him any room for error over Suh's 4.98 40 time. Then Suh would proceed to bench press Pettis 32 times for fun.....until Pettis puked on Suh erasing Suh's otherswise sunny disposition. :lmao: