Anyone know about TV’s?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
65” Samsung curved problem. I know nothing about tv’s. We didn’t hit it, didn’t move it. The black line just appeared a month ago and has grown in width. No warranty so I’m on my own.
6F5C497D-A1A3-4087-8BC5-DB99B17571CE.jpeg

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I sold TVs for 10 years.

Your TV is fucked. Cost more to repair than its worth.

Your tv has strips of light that show the color running. Looks like your either went out on their own or someone hit it there just hard enough to cause the problem. Did you have any form of insurance on it?

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I sold TVs for 10 years.

Your TV is fucked. Cost more to repair than its worth.

Your tv has strips of light that show the color running. Looks like your either went out on their own or someone hit it there just hard enough to cause the problem. Did you have any form of insurance on it?
Might be worth checking to see if the strips were disconnected from power. If not, can you put the screen in a different format that won't have the black strip through much of the picture?

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
It wouldn’t be growing if they came undone.

The fact that it’s growing tells you there is a problem there.

ALWAYS BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY! Especially when buying a $2000+ TV

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It wouldn’t be growing if they came undone.

The fact that it’s growing tells you there is a problem there.

ALWAYS BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY! Especially when buying a $2000+ TV

Yup. Just got a new one myself. Protecting the hell out of it.

Tano

Legend
I have a small line on my 65 inch tv that I can see when playing Playstation on it

Annoys the heck out of me.

Oh well - time to buy an 85 inch tv

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Look at the positive, OLED TVs are cheap enough now that you can really upgrade!

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
@Dog I hate to tell ya, but someone hit this TV. They didn’t tell you, but they hit it. I circled what looks to me as the impact point. I’ve diagnosed and carefully looked at no less than 250 broken screen situations. That looks like something hit it just right or someone moved it and their thumb was there applying too much pressure.

E58C4F12-CA55-457C-9B52-0F52127EA05F.jpeg

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Without this “impact point”, I’ll call it. I would suggest pushing slightly at both ends of the black lines. There are ribbon cables and sometimes the adhesive fails and that’s one reason it continues to spread. You can still try it and perhaps it’s just been so long that the ball shape has expanded faster...worth a shot.

Does it do this on ALL inputs? Have you tried watching something on a USB to check that your hdmi cable or board hasn’t went bad? It could also be a main board...couple hundred dollars and easy enough to change.

Perhaps have a local dealer look it over, around here, it’s about $75 just for them to check it out.

Good luck

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
@Dog I hate to tell ya, but someone hit this TV. They didn’t tell you, but they hit it. I circled what looks to me as the impact point. I’ve diagnosed and carefully looked at no less than 250 broken screen situations. That looks like something hit it just right or someone moved it and their thumb was there applying too much pressure.

View attachment 31053
Heres' the thing, It could have been hit before you bought it. I have seen this happen on Brand new TV's. Sometimes it takes a while to manifest itself out, yeah, someone hit it or squeezed it. One downside with new TV's you can't fix them. Years ago you would just replace the picture tube. It would take me about 45 minutes to do it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Heres' the thing, It could have been hit before you bought it. I have seen this happen on Brand new TV's. Sometimes it takes a while to manifest itself out, yeah, someone hit it or squeezed it. One downside with new TV's you can't fix them. Years ago you would just replace the picture tube. It would take me about 45 minutes to do it.
The picture quality also looked like you were watching TV through wax paper, but hey, you could fix it yourself.

…..

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look at the positive, OLED TVs are cheap enough now that you can really upgrade!
It’s a UHD TV and I can probably get one new for what I paid for this one.

Thank you for the info, it’s also what I thought, that someone hit it or bumped it. But it’s been in those same spot for a year. We have had no children over and haven’t even touched the Bose Soundbar sitting in front of it in ages because everything works fine.

Maybe it was damaged a year ago when I moved it in and the damage is finally showing up?

What do you think would cost to fix this?

…..

Legend
That little bulb at the bottom started out the size of a dime. Now it’s the size of a half dollar.

At first it was just the fuzzy looking bulb. The line grew from it gradually. At first it was 3 lines. Now its merged into what you see.

Sorry if my posts seem out of step. I had the previous post typed up 2 hours ago and missed all the subsequent posts before I hit send.

…..

Legend
Oh wow. I just saw where you said I’m fucked. Haha well sheeot!

…..

Legend
Did you have any form of insurance on it?

Nothing. Craig’s list find at a pretty suspect looking computer repair shop. Took a chance, paid 750

I really don’t belong “downtown” anymore:rolleyes::giggle::D:ROFLMAO:

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
It’s a UHD TV and I can probably get one new for what I paid for this one.

Thank you for the info, it’s also what I thought, that someone hit it or bumped it. But it’s been in those same spot for a year. We have had no children over and haven’t even touched the Bose Soundbar sitting in front of it in ages because everything works fine.

Maybe it was damaged a year ago when I moved it in and the damage is finally showing up?

What do you think would cost to fix this?

Try moving the soundbar away from the TV (if it is close or touching the TV) as speakers have magnets and that will affect the TV too.

Just spit balling here...