Any Type 2 Diabetics here?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So, I've been diabetic for a little over a year and have never taken care of it outside of medicine. I've finally started making the push to eat right.

One of the first things I did was replace my 10 cans of mountain dew a day and swapped that with diet doctor pepper. And only two bottles a day. Hoping to give it all up. But it was a step in the right direction.

The dr wants me under 75 carbs a day and I've struggled with that part. But I'm getting better.

I've started walking. And trying to get over 5k steps a day. I know that's not a lot for a lot of folks, but it is for me.

I'm not sure what changed it my head, but here is hoping I can make the right changes and get off these meds.

I find since cutting my sugar intake it's become much easier now to resist the temptation of a soda. The other night I made tacos and thought about a Pepsi was like...nah. Didn't miss it.

As far as carbs go I'm still eating the same amounts and things I did before this BS but it doesn't affect my levels at all.

Next time I go to the doctor I'm gonna ask her if I'm really considered a diabetic. All my levels have been the same except for that one lab error. Not like there's anything wrong with changing lifestyles, but like you I don't want to deal with the pills and hassle.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
I did go from type 2 to 1 from 1000mg of met to 30mg twice a day of Lantus ,you know insulin.

Think a person knows when they go from 150 200 to 5 even 600 plus, at times.
Ah sorry, but no, you don't go from 2 to 1. They have a different set of reasons why the body is doing what it is doing. Your numbers might have changed, but that can happen from a change in diet. Or different types of the same food. For example, white milk will shoot my kid's numbers into the 300's. but with chocolate milk, it barely moves.

Diabetic "Types" are driven by your numbers. They are driven by why you have the disease.

What are the Differences Between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes?​

Type 1 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Often diagnosed in children and young adultsUsually diagnosed in adults
Caused by an autoimmune response against insulin-producing beta cellsCause is unknown, but related to weight, age, inactivity and genetics
Treatment must include insulin, as the body no longer produces itTreatment usually includes some combination of medications, diet, exercise and insulin

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ah sorry, but no, you don't go from 2 to 1. They have a different set of reasons why the body is doing what it is doing. Your numbers might have changed, but that can happen from a change in diet. Or different types of the same food. For example, white milk will shoot my kid's numbers into the 300's. but with chocolate milk, it barely moves.

Diabetic "Types" are driven by your numbers. They are driven by why you have the disease.

Yea I just chose to ignore that when it was posted. There is no such thing as moving from one to the other, as if 1 was better than 2 lol