A few notes on 1st half of Cards game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
The ILB play has been atrocious. Roseboom and Reeder were somewhat serviceable in the Lions game but they had a collective 8 missed tackles against the Cards.

Why is Speights not getting a chance? He was supposedly the reason we felt confident trading Jones…
Where are people getting these "miss tackles" stats from.

I looked it up and im not seeing these numbers anywhere.

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
PFR lists them , but I think it's PFF-produced piffle.

Missed Tackle %
33.3% Tre'Davious White
28.6% Kobie Turner
27.8% Christian Rozeboom
27.8% Kamren Curl
27.3% Braden Fiske
25.0% Michael Hoecht
25.0% Byron Young
25.0% Desjuan Johnson
15.4% Jared Verse
14.3% Bobby Brown
12.5% Quentin Lake
11.1% Troy Reeder
11.1% John Johnson
0.0% Cobie Durant
0.0% Kamren Kinchens

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
McVay refusing to give McClendon help the first half is coaching malpractice.
It was obvious by the second snap McClendon was in over his head.
He can't stay in front of any pass rusher it seems. He is not an NFL player at this point.
I love McVay and think he is great but, he repeatedly does this. I don't know if it is blind spot of his, not wanting to take a receiver out of the routes, or he is too close on the sideline. Either way, I don't get it and it is bizarre.
This is McVay’s one great weakness. He’s stubbornly married to his scheme. He seems to hate changing the offense no matter what the situation or who the opponent. Go back to the Super Borl against the patriots. The Rams struggled with the 6 man fronts in 6 games that year. It was obvious that Belichick would use that and McVay needed to adjust for it.