OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Want Ajax and Hoecht. Feel Rams can easily replace or improve on the rest.
Yeah. I doubt they extend tender offers to Williams, Johnson or Rozeboom.

They would be unrestricted free agents but could still be re-signed at a much lower amount. Rams have done that in the recent past. Travin Howard comes to mind.

Hoecht is the most interesting. Would like him back but at what cost? A 2nd round tender ($4.9M) seems high.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So, you're kind of "On-the-Fence"
Yup.......

videotogif_2024.02.26_00.09.08.gif

dang

Legend
Yeah. I doubt they extend tender offers to Williams, Johnson or Rozeboom.

They would be unrestricted free agents but could still be re-signed at a much lower amount. Rams have done that in the recent past. Travin Howard comes to mind.

Hoecht is the most interesting. Would like him back but at what cost? A 2nd round tender ($4.9M) seems high.
The question in my mind about Hoecht is can he win the DE starting role? His size, motor and quickness make me think he’ll yes. But I have no idea why the Rams put him at OLB other than they had such a void beyond Young.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
$4.9m for someone able to fill in anywhere in the front seven, isn’t that bad a deal.

Sure, we need better starters but Hoecht is about as good a depth player at that price as you’ll get.
Maybe but at $4.9M, Hoecht would represent the 2nd Highest Cap Hit among all Rams' defensive players.

Second only to Aaron Donald, among the Rams' defensive players currently under contract.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Maybe but at $4.9M, Hoecht would represent the 2nd Highest Cap Hit among all Rams' defensive players.

Second only to Aaron Donald, among the Rams' defensive players currently under contract.
Because all our vets beyond 3 years are UFA's and everybody except AD are on their rookie deals. If we sign an Edge, CB and DT, he'll be 5th highest. Our cap breakdown for offense and defense is
  • Offense: $156,277,995
  • Defense: $57,457,163

My question is, after the tender passes with no offers from anybody, could we sign him to a 2 year deal with a lesser 2024 cap hit?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My question is, after the tender passes with no offers from anybody, could we sign him to a 2 year deal with a lesser 2024 cap hit?
Its just like franchise tag. It's a 1 year deal. They could certainly sign him to a longer contract

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Because all our vets beyond 3 years are UFA's and everybody except AD are on their rookie deals. If we sign an Edge, CB and DT, he'll be 5th highest. Our cap breakdown for offense and defense is
  • Offense: $156,277,995
  • Defense: $57,457,163
Agree, which is why I worded my response in the manner in which I did.

As I understand it, if a RFA signs his tender offer, that's his 2024 compensation ... and the Team's cap hit.
Once the player signs his tender, I don't believe the team can rescind it.

The player and team could negotiate a multi-year contract that could lower the 2024 cap hit but there would be no reason for the player to take less guaranteed-$. And that player can decline to negotiate a new deal, with the intent to be an unrestricted free agent in 2025.

He guys, I like Michael Hoecht ... and Jonah Williams for that matter ... and would like both back.
Just don't want Hoecht at $4.9M and Williams at $3M.

Psycho_X

Legend

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be yet another one year rental but $20 million isn't a terrible number to swallow for the production he had in 2023. Just not sure what I'd be willing to trade to get him for only one year. If he was younger I'd trade and sign but he just turned 33 so yeah.
23 mill actually
Could add a couple void years and spread it out if they wanted, just seems a lot of $$ for a team. I think he gets cut so Chargers get the cap savings and then you could see him signed for less

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
It would be yet another one year rental but $20 million isn't a terrible number to swallow for the production he had in 2023. Just not sure what I'd be willing to trade to get him for only one year. If he was younger I'd trade and sign but he just turned 33 so yeah.
He's the same age as AD. LBs can be productive until their mid to late 30s. It's not a position that relies on top end speed and twitch like an RB or WR. I think Mack would be great next to AD for 2-3 years depending on the money.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He's the same age as AD. LBs can be productive until their mid to late 30s. It's not a position that relies on top end speed and twitch like an RB or WR. I think Mack would be great next to AD for 2-3 years depending on the money.
My guess is that the tenants wouldn't require a high pick to trade him away. He has a 38mil cap hit this year if they keep him and they are in cap hell. He has a 5.5M roster bonus due 3/15. My guess is he is gone in some fashion or another prior to that date.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
To think, they coulda picked both Mack and Donald in the same draft. We coulda had both Mack and Donald playing together in their prime. Instead they picked Greg Robinson.

tenor.gif

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To think, they coulda picked both Mack and Donald in the same draft. We coulda had both Mack and Donald playing together in their prime. Instead they picked Greg Robinson.

tenor.gif
But then we wouldn't have had our franchise LT....... errr nevermind.

We also passed on future HOF'r Mike Evans, OBJ, Zack Martin, Cooks, Bitonio, D-Law, the list goes on. Good draft.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

And, it was reported, at the time, that the Rams considered a trade for a 3rd first round pick because they were interested in a Guard ... Zack Martin! Can you imagine drafting (possibly) three Hall of Famers with three 1st round selections in the same year?!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And, it was reported, at the time, that the Rams considered a trade for a 3rd first round pick because they were interested in a Guard ... Zack Martin! Can you imagine drafting (possibly) three Hall of Famers with three 1st round selections in the same year?!
Draft hindsight just makes me sad :( Though I really loved Verrett in that draft. Injuries took away any chance for him to do anything.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kahlil Mack had a good season, however 6 of his 17 sacks came in one game. In his previous three years he had, 9,6,&8.

I’d like to know his pressure rate and run stop %. I doubt he is worth what he will get paid.