OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I didn’t know if I should give it a laugh or ouch emoji…

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And here we go. The prima Donna’s of the NFL on a rampage. Someone has to say enough.

Prima Donna? He just wants the market value.

He could have caused a stink last season because he had earned an extension but he played the good soldier. Now he wants that extension, he's waited long enough.

Hardly a rampage.

Tano

Legend
Prima Donna? He just wants the market value.

He could have caused a stink last season because he had earned an extension but he played the good soldier. Now he wants that extension, he's waited long enough.

Hardly a rampage.

It's the 2nd best receiver remark that I am having problems with.

Is he the 2nd best receiver or is he just in the top 10?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I guess it's natural/normal that when a player is one of the best at his position, he wants to be paid as such.

However, with so many new big-$ contracts, that top-tier pay-scale changes quickly and drastically.

Read yesterday that Tyreek Hill wants his deal re-worked. Hill wanted top-WR-money two years ago, and that led to the trade to Miami' and Hill got a new contract that made him the highest paid Wide Receiver at this time just two years ago.

In the case of CeeDee Lamb, he has put-up huge numbers on a top offense, and is an important piece to his team. Never-the-less, I would be reluctant to give him a top-tier-WR contract. That Wild Card Playoff Game gave me significant pause.

Prescott and the Cowboys' Defense were bad but Lamb was more than just bad. He seemed super frustrated in the 1st quarter, with terrible body-language; and did not show any maturity or professionalism, in my opinion. A team's best player needs to do more than just Step-Up in big games. he must be the most mentally tough, and Lamb looked mentally weak to me that day.

Maybe I am not being objective because I really do not like the Cowboys.

My Hate List starts with the 49ers ... then the Cowboys ... then Vikings ... then Satan ... the Pineapple on Pizza!.

Tano

Legend
I guess it's natural/normal that when a player is one of the best at his position, he wants to be paid as such.

However, with so many new big-$ contracts, that top-tier pay-scale changes quickly and drastically.

Read yesterday that Tyreek Hill wants his deal re-worked. Hill wanted top-WR-money two years ago, and that led to the trade to Miami' and Hill got a new contract that made him the highest paid Wide Receiver at this time just two years ago.

In the case of CeeDee Lamb, he has put-up huge numbers on a top offense, and is an important piece to his team. Never-the-less, I would be reluctant to give him a top-tier-WR contract. That Wild Card Playoff Game gave me significant pause.

Prescott and the Cowboys' Defense were bad but Lamb was more than just bad. He seemed super frustrated in the 1st quarter, with terrible body-language; and did not show any maturity or professionalism, in my opinion. A team's best player needs to do more than just Step-Up in big games. he must be the most mentally tough, and Lamb looked mentally weak to me that day.

My Hate List starts with the 49ers ... then the Cowboys ... then Vikings ... then Satan ... the Pineapple on Pizza!.
My hate list would include the Patriots tied with the 49ers.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
What do wanna bet Puka's not gonna act like Aiyuk and Lamb when he's eligible for an extension? And the Rams will take care of him anyway.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

The Cowboys, including Lamb, beat up on bad teams and struggle against the good ones. So, I agree, Lamb’s success is a bit illusionary

Psycho_X

Legend
What do wanna bet Puka's not gonna act like Aiyuk and Lamb when he's eligible for an extension? And the Rams will take care of him anyway.
It'll be handled behind closed doors and not aired out in the media like Lamb, Aiyuk, Higgins, etc have been doing that's for sure. People like to complain about how the Rams go about their business because they aren't being spoon fed all the intimate details and drama like other teams/players tend to do but I appreciate it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Its the nature of nfl conracts.

Next guy up keeps the needle moving up. Lamson says he doesn't want the most, but he'll take it. And there are a couple others next year that will take the most.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Its the nature of nfl conracts.

Next guy up keeps the needle moving up. Lamson says he doesn't want the most, but he'll take it. And there are a couple others next year that will take the most.
Lamson?

EDIT:
Now I realize you just meant Lamb. Was genuinely confused. It happens. More so now than in the past.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
That’s my point. The players I respect Negotiate with a team for more $$ but don’t put it out to social media demanding a trade unless you are paid top $$. Thats prima donna bullshit in my book.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That’s my point. The players I respect Negotiate with a team for more pay but don’t put it out to social media demanding a trade unless you are paid top $$. That prima donna bullshit in my book.
IDK I think if I wore a younger man's clothes, I would not be blatant when it comes to social media, but I would have some fun, like changing the narrative if I was Cedarian DeLeon "CeeDee" Lamb.

For example like now in Southwest Texas, Lamb, it's what for dinner.
1719940544529.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s my point. The players I respect Negotiate with a team for more $$ but don’t put it out to social media demanding a trade unless you are paid top $$. Thats prima donna bullshit in my book.
Lamb didnt put it out there, or take it to social media. Dont know where this "Rickey" got the quote but as always we dont know where it came from or it what context.
Its just like the Stafford nonsense from a little while back when it was social media'd that he wanted a new deal, more money blah blah blah, meanwhile the only thing he apparently desires is guaranteed money

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wide receivers got smart. They got fed up with the QB's getting all that money and want their share.
Ironically enough though, it seems WR pay went hog wild right after a thread stating WR salaries were going down the path of RB's Lol