OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Psst…Brandon…you’re better than him…sit out until the 49ers pay you $30M/year…who cares if they have to cut cap space elsewhere or can’t sign other guys…you deserve it…they’re disrespecting you…sit out…

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hearing some rumors the Rams may be kicking the tires on safety Justin Simmons. I'm pretty excited to see how our Dual Cams work out back there but we do run a lot of sets with 3 safety's so who knows.

That would be amazing!!!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Hearing some rumors the Rams may be kicking the tires on safety Justin Simmons. I'm pretty excited to see how our Dual Cams work out back there but we do run a lot of sets with 3 safety's so who knows.
Do you recall where you heard/read these rumors? Asking, because that would be a significant addition; and with limited cap space, could take-up much of what the Rams have remaining to spend.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Do you recall where you heard/read these rumors? Asking, because that would be a significant addition; and with limited cap space, could take-up much of what the Rams have remaining to spend.

We need to rework Stafford’s deal anyway, so some of the delay may be seeing if we can sign someone like Simmons and working out the best way to do it

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Psst…Brandon…you’re better than him…sit out until the 49ers pay you $30M/year…who cares if they have to cut cap space elsewhere or can’t sign other guys…you deserve it…they’re disrespecting you…sit out…

49'ers be like....

Frustrated Seinfeld GIF by Jess Stempel

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
We need to rework Stafford’s deal anyway, so some of the delay may be seeing if we can sign someone like Simmons and working out the best way to do it
Maybe. Not sure what the impact of re-working Stafford's contract would be upon the Rams' cap. Have read a couple different things.

I asked for the sources because I believe there's some quality reporting out there; and a ton of irresponsible bull-shit.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe. Not sure what the impact of re-working Stafford's contract would be upon the Rams' cap. Have read a couple different things.
That's what makes the Stafford sitch so silly. He wants more money guaranteed and they need to work his cap number down.
And in this whacky world, both things can happen at the same time
Staff's cap hit is 50 mill in each of the next 2 seasons, but "only" 60 mill is guaranteed
They can convert his 2024 49.5mill salary in to a bonus, add a couple void years to stretch it out, then lower his base salary to 25 mill, all guaranteed for the next 2 years.
Increases his guaranteed money by double, aav stays same and cap hit is reduced by 12-15 mill
All while getting a total of 75 mill

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
His cap number is less than $1.1M; and if the Giants cut him, the Dead-$ is a mere $25,000.

That seems about right. If Robinson does not make the team, it essentially doesn't cost NY anything.
They can literally make up the 25Gs the first home game by raising the parking by a buck.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
According to Jourdan Lake and Curl are the starting safeties, for now. Nothing is set this time of the year, and like Elm said they're trying things out. White is also out so that's another factor.

That makes sense to me. Think of obvious passing situations and throwing in Kinchens as a third safety over the top. Lake was good in a bad secondary last year. He’s the one guy I’d like to keep in a starting role unless someone can actually beat him out.

With White out, Kendrick might still be a starter.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Lake was good in a bad secondary last year. He’s the one guy I’d like to keep in a starting role unless someone can actually beat him out.
Agreed. I know folks are excited about the new safeties, but I think Lake is being slept on.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to Jourdan Lake and Curl are the starting safeties, for now. Nothing is set this time of the year, and like Elm said they're trying things out. White is also out so that's another factor.
Sounds right. Mcvay is not gonna hand Kitchens the starting role. He's gonna make him earn it. We might see Lake move to the slot in nickel packages with Kitchens inserted into safety. My hope is that Kitchens eventually becomes the starter as this season unfolds. How fast he picks it up is the big question mark.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Since I did not get a reply, I did a search; and Albert Breer did recently suggest the Rams as a potential landing-spot for Justin Simmons.

Seems to be merely speculation based on scheme-fit; and Breer also mentioned Philadelphia, Atlanta and the Niners for various reasons (scheme fit or prior relationships with coaches).

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I have to wonder about Robinson's grasp on reality.

Two years removed from a hugely disappointing 33 receptions, 339 yards and 3 TDs, Robinson followed it up with 34 receptions, 280 yards and zero TDs in 17 games.

Think about that. Robinson's 2022 with the Rams was actually Far Better that his 2023 in Pittsburgh.

In New York, Robinson is no higher than 4thWR on the Giants depth chart; and probably 5th entering Camp.

Malik Nabers, Wan'Dale Robinson and Jalin Hyatt are all ahead of Robinson; and, if he gets his contract issue worked-out, Darius Slayton is also ahead of him. That makes Robinson the Giants' 5th WR.

Robinson could be competing with Isaiah McKenzie, Isaiah Hodgins, Myles Boykin and Gunner Olszewski for the final roster spot. I hope Allen Robinson is only renting because his time in NY/NJ may be short.
Again, we need a “shaking my head” response icon for such things.