Titans agree to terms with C/G Rob Turner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
by JIM WYATT, The Tennessean
<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/03/19/titans-agree-to-terms-with-cg-rob-turner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013 ... ob-turner/</a>

The Titans have agreed to terms with former Rams center/guard Rob Turner, who visited Baptist Sports Park on Tuesday.

Turner, who has played six NFL seasons, started all 16 games for the Rams in 2012. He played from 2007-2011 with the New York Jets before joining the Rams prior to last season.

In his career, Turner has played in 57 games, with 18 starts.

A 6-foot-4, 308-pounder, Turner is expected to compete for a starting role, or a swing role, with the Titans. Last week, the Titans signed former Bills guard Andy Levitre to a six-year deal, while also placing a one-year tender on Fernando Velasco, the team’s starting center last season.

Guard Steve Hutchinson retired earlier this month, however, and center/guard Eugene Amano’s future with the team is in question because of his $3.935 million base salary for 2013. Guard Leroy Harris is an unrestricted free agent who’s currently recovering from ACL surgery.

The addition of Turner, who went to New Mexico, gives the Titans more options in the middle of the offensive line.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Damn missed this one - that's a loss and a half for us, we're going to need a backup C/G now... Turner was worth his weight in gold last year!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
Damn missed this one - that's a loss and a half for us, we're going to need a backup C/G now... Turner was worth his weight in gold last year!
Yeah, very versatile dude, and provided nice depth at G and C.
I didn't really think we had a realistic shot at keeping him, but I was still kinda hoping.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
shaunpinney said:
Yeah, very versatile dude, and provided nice depth at G and C.
I didn't really think we had a realistic shot at keeping him, but I was still kinda hoping.

Digging the new signature X

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That sucks I know that is someone that Fisher was wanting to come back. We will need an inside lineman who can play multiple positions (say Barrett Jones) to replace him. We might be able to find a veteran on the cheap, but Jones seems like a smart guy who might be Boudreau's kind of guy.