Thought Karty Was Suppose to Take KO's, But Evans Took Them

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JPPT1974

UDFA
As all of preseason except for two kickoffs, thought that Joshua Karty was going to take the kickoffs despite the new dynamic kickoff. As he knocked seven out of nine into the end zone. This is per Jordan Rodrigue.
However Ethan Evans took them, in 2024 opener as hear that the ST coach wanted to have Evans kickoff in the end zone and not have the Lions returners have a chance.
But also heard that the ST was going to alternate one week Evans, one week Karty.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Under NO circumstances should anyone on the Rams kick the ball into a returnable position. It's clear our "special" teams is not NFL caliber, and I don't have the stomach to witness our guys trying to tackle anyone on a return.
At least Karty made his kicks, which is a huge upgrade from last season.

JPPT1974

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True but think that the reason that Ethan took kickoffs was that not to leave any wiggle room for the Lions KR to return kicks and just kick them in the back of the end zone.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When kicks were returned, I wonder what the average starting position was on those kicks?

I’d keep kicking them out the back.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Kick it through the GD end zone every fucking time unless we have to onside kick it... warning the other team about it first though of course.

JPPT1974

UDFA
Well it seems that they are mum over who will kickoff as Karty can do those too.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
No surprise that Evans handled the kickoff duties. He did it all last season. Rams just kicking deep every kick off.

JPPT1974

UDFA
Yeah but they talked about either being Kupp or Karty week 1. But think that ST wants to mix it up a bit.