Snead on Cowherd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Elmgrovegnome said:
He didn't say much but here is what it was.

Did he foresee the Rams good fortune with the RG3 situation before he took the job? - No he didn't

Multiple teams (wouldn't say how many) have contacted him about the #2 pick. Some of them are obvious and some are not obvious at all.

He talks daily with staff about when to trade the pick. There are pros and cons to trading now, just like there are pros and cons to trading at the draft.

Is he comfortable waiting until the day of the draft to make the deal? A deal of this magnitude is never done in the 15 minutes that you have during the draft selection. A deal like this would be in place the night before or morning of the draft at the latest.

OL and WR is very deep in the top of this draft. Are they priorities for the Rams? Likely so but not necessarily. With the last few years of losing it could be argued that other than QB the Rams could upgrade at every position on the field.

Is RG3 better than Bradford? You do the best you can to determine that and hope that you got it right. That is what makes the GM job tough. You also wonder if it is just a matter of getting more weapons for Sam.

What did you learn from the Julio Jones trade when you were with Atlanta? Felt that Atlanta was very deep and in a good position to be able to give up picks without feeling it. Saw Jones as a great Playmaker and also was a future replacement for Roddy White, who is in his low 30s. (That is vision. I like that thinking)The Rams situation this year is different because their pick would be for a QB and that is every teams priority, so he doesn't feel that it would take the same kind of thinking for a team to justify trading for the pick.

He heard Ernie Accorsi on another show say that a franchise QB is worth 3, 4 or 5 first round picks in his opinion.

Is this a good first round draft? Maybe not for a lot of teams but yes it is a good one for Rams due to them having so many needs.

Are you Anxious this time of year? No, its fun. The only pressure I feel is in making sure we take advantage of the opportunities that we are given.

Thats it. I tried to be accurate.

I'll post the audio when it comes up later.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's the audio

[mp3]http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2117/7829/884145/herdaudio_2012-03-01-111145-6701-0-0-0.48.mp3?cdn_id=33&uuid=9cc376ea3b8b95b40ef9352ab100387d[/mp3]

St. Louis Rams GM Les Snead says the Rams have a lot of needs. If the Rams decide that Sam Bradford is a franchise QB, then it makes a lot more sense to give him weapons instead of starting over with a new QB. Snead also describes how his experience will help him deal with the pressure involved with the No. 2 pick.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It's interesting. Not much we haven't heard yet. I can't wait for draft day (I have an annual draft day party and this one seems more exciting for some reason).

On another note, Torry Holt will be on the Herd tomorrow to discuss the Rams and what he thinks they'll do.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
It's interesting. Not much we haven't heard yet. I can't wait for draft day (I have an annual draft day party and this one seems more exciting for some reason).

On another note, Torry Holt will be on the Herd tomorrow to discuss the Rams and what he thinks they'll do.
It's going to be an endless parade of people offering up their suggestions on this pick -- until they actually do something with it. Not that I mind..... because the Rams being relevant is never a bad thing.

Sando had a good quote about the interview too.

Snead came back to that vision when explaining reasons for sticking with Bradford over trading him and selecting Robert Griffin III second overall. He framed the decision as getting weapons for Bradford or getting a new quarterback without getting as many weapons for him.

That's a solid argument FOR trading the pick, and yet.... too many people think we should dish Bradford.

:cmon: