Say a Prayer for John Prine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
John Prine, multiple grammy-award winner as well as a member of the country and rock music hall of fame and one of the greatest singer-songwriters over the last 50 years has contracted COVID-19 and is inside a ventilator. According to his ex-wife Fiona, he is listed as critical but stable condition. John is an American treasure. I bought his debut album way back in 1970, the eponymous "John Prine." My buddies would spend hours at my house listening to it and the media labled him the next Bob Dylan. Many of his songs have become classics in the field and have been covered by professional and amateur singers around the world. I have seen him many times in concert and at folk and country and even bluegrass festivals. Check youtube for Joan Baez's recording of "Hello in There," Prine's ode to elderly citizens and troubles they face. So say a prayer for John my fellow Ram fans!! We don't want to lose him to this horrible scourge.

ozarkram

Duke of Earl
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angel from Montgomery is my fav followed by whistling and fishing in heaven. Been praying.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
John Pride passed away a few hours ago at Vanderbilt Memorial Hospital in Nashville, Tenn, succumbing to the Coronavirus. He was one of the greatest and most prolific singer-songwriters in American musical history. RIP, John. The music and songs live on forever!!