Rob Havenstein should be beloved by fans.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
A player is taken in the late second round.

He proceeds to play 9 seasons (and counting).

During that span, he starts in 130 out of 147 games (88.4%) at right tackle.

The team wins 56.9% of those games.

In 5 of 9 years, his offense is in the top 10 in the league.

He also starts 11 playoff games, winning 7, including one of the two Super Bowls in which he started.

He’s been paid at market value, and never held out or sought to be traded.

He’s never been arrested, suspended or embarrassed the franchise.

He’s now the longest tenured player on the team.

He’s Rob Havenstein.

How is he not beloved?

Sports fans often profess to admire the Blue Collar/Lunch Pail types. They claim to value reliability and steadiness.

But Havenstein is rarely mentioned (apart from the occasional “most underrated” nods and odd calls to replace him).

If you’re not elite, not flashy, not a stats guy… you tend to get overlooked, undervalued, and taken for granted.

Maybe that’s okay for Rob Havenstein. After a decade with the franchise, maybe he's be happy to just finish out his career with his relative anonymity intact, his family’s financial future secured and, hopefully, his health.

Well, that and a Super Bowl ring (hopefully more than one!).

Give me draftees with careers like Rob Havenstein every day and twice on Sunday.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
This almost resembles a 20 Random Thoughts. Are you coming out of retirement @AvengerRam ?

Can you please ask the same for Mr. Donald?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
They need to get him a touchdown before he retires. That would seal the deal.
oooh, maybe he reports as eligible receiver?? would be crazy, no idea if he can even catch the ball after his hands have turned into cement blocks after 9 full seasons.
Ever since I seen that we drafted this guy, I knew we had a keeper -- just didn't know that he'd do so well for us for so long.

Attachments

• big rob.jpg
    big rob.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 13

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

He also starts 11 playoff games, winning 7, including one of the two Super Bowls in which he started.

He’s Rob Havenstein.

How is he not beloved?

Sports fans often profess to admire the Blue Collar/Lunch Pail types. They claim to value reliability and steadiness.

But Havenstein is rarely mentioned (apart from the occasional “most underrated” nods and odd calls to replace him).

If you’re not elite, not flashy, not a stats guy… you tend to get overlooked, undervalued, and taken for granted.

Maybe that’s okay for Rob Havenstein. After a decade with the franchise, maybe he's be happy to just finish out his career with his relative anonymity intact, his family’s financial future secured and, hopefully, his health.

Give me draftees with careers like Rob Havenstein every day and twice on Sunday.
Old-Not-Dead read this post, and simply could Not wait ...
... he went to a cemetery, jumped in an empty grave and turned-over half a dozen times.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
They need to get him a touchdown before he retires. That would seal the deal.
I always thought the same for AD. He would have been menacing coming from the FB position in a goal line situation.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He’s Rob Havenstein.

How is he not beloved?

"WORD!" ~ OND

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's getting cut any day now.....

Did OND just fall off the face of the earth?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He gets hurt a lot.
141 starts out of 158 games (including playoffs), which is 89.2%, is indicative of a guy who “gets hurt a lot”???

I’m betting there are only a handful of OL in the league with that many starts over the last 9 years.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Been a fan since he was drafted as he is local to me and I watched him play a couple times in HS. I also agree that for the most part, we take him for granted as fans. He just quietly goes about his business of stonewalling sucker's and making truck lanes in the run game. Give that man his flowers!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He turned 32 less than 4 months ago, so he’s got some runway left too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been a fan since he was drafted as he is local to me and I watched him play a couple times in HS. I also agree that for the most part, we take him for granted as fans. He just quietly goes about his business of stonewalling sucker's and making truck lanes in the run game. Give that man his flowers!
Hav homer!

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
141 starts out of 158 games (including playoffs), which is 89.2%, is indicative of a guy who “gets hurt a lot”???

I’m betting there are only a handful of OL in the league with that many starts over the last 9 years.
Well I could be wrong but It seems to me he has been hurt a lot. He is hurt right now. Or was. Maybe he has just missed some critical games so it seems he has been hurt a lot.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Long tenured dude.

He absolutely cemented me as a fan when he pulled to dosey-doe block with Clowney on Woods 90+ yard touch down.

It was an all-time masterful 'hold'

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well I could be wrong but It seems to me he has been hurt a lot. He is hurt right now. Or was. Maybe he has just missed some critical games so it seems he has been hurt a lot.
It does seem like he is on the injured list fairly often but Havenstein is usually out there on Sundays.

Checked regular season stats. In 2019, he had a knee injury and went on IR for the final seven games. However, in his other eight seasons, Rob Havenstein has missed a total of just ten games ... that's just over one game-per-year; and all the games played were starts.

He has not missed a start in the Playoffs.