Rise of Skywalker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no problem admitting my Geekdom. I was in the theatre in 1977 to watch the first one and will be there tonight as well. Who else is going?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
We won't be going till next weekend

I am looking forward to it .................kinda

reviews have been pretty bad

one said you need to watch Episode 7 and Spaceballs before going....................lol

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I hate going to see movies in the theater now. Mainly because of the people you may get stuck sitting close to. It sucks... sometimes severely.

My local theater serves real cocktails now... that is a huge help. But I still almost never go.

This movie will make me head in there though. It won't be during the opening weekend... but it will happen sometime next week.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't go to first weekends anymore. Even for R rated movies, there end up being noisy kids or just too many people and I want my choice of seats. I will probably go to this one later on because it is probably one that really has to be seen on the big screen. And yeah... viva la cocktails at movie theaters these days.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate going to see movies in the theater now. Mainly because of the people you may get stuck sitting close to. It sucks... sometimes severely.

My local theater serves real cocktails now... that is a huge help. But I still almost never go.

This movie will make me head in there though. It won't be during the opening weekend... but it will happen sometime next week.
*Now offering free wax tips like Lemonaid Kush with the purchase of every ticket! ~ Selassie's Movie House

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All I have to say is screw the haters! I loved it!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Just got done watching it, I liked it a lot, not sure what the reviews are, since I wanted to go in blind, but it was a lot of fun! The duels were awesome, and Adam Driver really does a great job. Seeing it again tomorrow.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I have no problem admitting my Geekdom. I was in the theatre in 1977 to watch the first one and will be there tonight as well. Who else is going?

Day after Christmas for me. Trying to rewatch all the other movies as much as I can before.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
We won't see it till next weekend , my brother will be down from Minneapolis for Christmas ,

I was 11 and he was 6 when we went and saw the original Star Wars in theaters , and have watch all 8 episodes together since then

plus a bunch of other friends as well , there will be a group of us

( plus one of my sisters , but she lives close by and I see her all the time anyways , so she doesn't count.............lol )

we didn't see Rogue One in theaters together , and I never did go see SOLO in theaters , actually , I didn't even watch SOLO till a couple months ago

there is little chance that I will like Rise Of Skywalker

I never cared for the prequels , and I haven't cared for the new ones as well

I've just never formed any kind of attachment to the main characters , the movies have become over crowded and cluttered , the lightsaber battles are just over the top pre choreographed dance routines

but................

I say that with out having actually seen the movie , and will wait and cast judgement after

81180303_10214808859004363_5139601507003400192_n.jpg

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I loved it! The only issue I had was Hux's storyline, but I just watched it with a friend, and I had a great time.

Q729

Legend
Saw one of the first shows of Thursday evening. Went in blind except for the TV spots you can't really ignore. Afterwards I needed time to process what I just saw. Felt a bit disjointed and "what the hell is going" on kind of thing. They tried to cram a lot of references and explanations in there.

I watched it again on Sunday. It felt more cohesive for some reason. Maybe it's because I was familiar with the pacing. Seemed like a nice action-packed ride with a few calm moments sprinkled in to breathe. Pretty fun show, but I still wouldn't put it at the top of the list. Oh and if anyone has a Dolby auditorium around you, pay the extra coin to see it in that.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Watched it today.

I was hugely disappointed with The Last Jedi, so went in not expecting much and prepared myself to be let down simply because The Last Jedi hadn't left anything to follow up.

No spoilers, but I enjoyed it.
Not on par with the original trilogy, or even Rogue One.
I would say I enjoyed it like The Force Awakens and Solo.

TexasRam

Legend
I really enjoyed it.

I just go in without expectations and was highly entertained.

I’m no Star Wars nerd, so maybe that’s why I don’t get all butt hurt about expectations not being met.

The movie packed a lot into one movie and just moved at light speed. But it worked for me.

Nothing epic like Empire strikes back.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
went and saw it this afternoon

tenor.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Just watched it! I liked most of it, other parts not so much.

Didnt like Kylo's story, and Rey for the first time felt truly OP. And random new characters felt out of place. Wished Knights of Ren did more.

But overall it was fine. Spaceship battles, new worlds, lots of homages to the past movies. Good stuff there.

I'd give it a 7/10, and hopefully will go up after watching on Disney+ when it comes on it.