Rams signing 2024 6th round pick Dylan McMahon(C) from the eagles practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMG_5126.jpeg

IMG_5125.jpeg

Pretty athletic for what it’s worth…

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Surely that means that he’s backup to Limmer?

The injury to Avila must be worse than was originally thought.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Or if the shit hits the fan, Limmer to OG and this guy could start at C if needed. Bruss would be first up for another interior OL injury, but this guy could provide flexibility to move Limmer to OG.

Eagle beat writers liked this guy in camp...not big, but athletic.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Or if the shit hits the fan, Limmer to OG and this guy could start at C if needed. Bruss would be first up for another interior OL injury, but this guy could provide flexibility to move Limmer to OG.

Eagle beat writers liked this guy in camp...not big, but athletic.

Sounds like he also has Guard/Center versatility. Gotta think he'd slide in as a guard since Limmer has been with us.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Not necessarily.
May just mean that they don't want to move Jonah Jackson back to center should Limmer go down.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
cheap good depth move, can't they stash him on the PS later in the season once players become healthy? Or once they sign him to the active roster they cant move him back down the PS?

At any rate, I don't think the Rams are done, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a splash move at LT, maybe a trade for a future pick or something like that. I just don't see how we can continue to go down the road of hoping injury prone players stay healthy. Between A Jackson and Boom either they can't stay healthy or aren't smart enough to stay on the field for a prolonged period of time. Rams need to shore up the ranks with dependable players. Full stop

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Cheap good depth move, can't they stash him on the PS later in the season once players become healthy?

I think the short-answer is ... Yes ... but I also believe there are some hurdles and pitfalls.

Believe the rule is that when a player is signed-off another team's Practice Squad, the signing team has to guarantee the player three game checks regardless of whether the keep him or release him.

At some point, the Rams could try to move McMahon to their Practice Squad but that would mean he has to be waived, pass through waivers and then agree to sign with the Rams' PS. If another team wanted McMahon for its PS, he could choose to sign with that team.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
His athletic numbers are pretty good. Size and strength below average. Who knows maybe he can be a guy who adds 8-10 lbs and gets stronger. However, Limmer looks like the future at C, although he is big enough for OG at 6-5 315.
1000004450.jpg

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Giving Les Snead a 6th round pick is generally not a good idea. :laugh3:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This McMahon signing looks real good based on what I am reading.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
From what I've heard he has to be on the roster for at least 4 games. Hopefully he can stick around longer if he's actually good.