Rams dirty? Not according to the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Mike Sando
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... to-the-nfl

The NFL did not see the St. Louis Rams the way Washington's Robert Griffin III saw them in Week 2.

Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Quintin Mikell, Robert Quinn, William Hayes, Cortland Finnegan, Kendall Langford and Craig Dahl were among the Rams players taking shots at Griffin during a 31-28 Rams victory. All seven escaped NFL fines for the hits I outlined during a play-by-play accounting of the game. That means the NFL saw their tactics as within the rules.

The league did hand down fines for players on both teams. But none of the fines appeared to concern plays involving hits the Rams put on Griffin.

The NFL fined Rams defensive end Quinn in the amount of $7,875 for striking a Redskins offensive lineman in the head. Teammate Janoris Jenkins received a $15,750 fine for hitting the Redskins' Fred Davis. Rams guard Quinn Ojinnaka received two fines, each for $7,875 and each for hitting an opponent late.

The Redskins' Josh Morgan received a $7,875 fine for unsportsmanlike conduct. His teammate, Lorenzo Alexander, received a $15,750 fine for a horse-collar tackle.

The apparent absence of Griffin-related fines seems to validate the Rams' approach to defense in this game. There's still room for a team to play with an edge. Looks like Griffin, not the Rams, is the one needing to adapt.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This week is going to be very interesting. The league has now instructed all teams to quit picking on the refs, and the refs are now being instructed to be in control of these games. Watch all the flags go flying this week. Ridiculous flags too, I'll bet.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
This week is going to be very interesting. The league has now instructed all teams to quit picking on the refs, and the refs are now being instructed to be in control of these games. Watch all the flags go flying this week. Ridiculous flags too, I'll bet.
Oh great, sounds like dictatorship like David Stern and the NBA. Watch out guys, this could get ugly and now ripe for corruption.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'd kick in a few bucks for Jenkins if he keeps laying out a couple per game. That was real football right there.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
DR RAM said:
X said:
Oh great, sounds like dictatorship like David Stern and the NBA. Watch out guys, this could get ugly and now ripe for corruption.
I think we may have already crossed that line.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
interference said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
I think we may have already crossed that line.
I believe you all know by now that I think they crossed that line for the Patriots in SB36. The corruption won't stop until the NFL loses control of the referees. I know that's not likely to happen anytime soon, unless something happens to shake the trust in the NFL's management of the regular zebras.

:crossed: :crossed:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Yamahopper said:
I'd kick in a few bucks for Jenkins if he keeps laying out a couple per game. That was real football right there.

No shit man. I still have my doubts about that fine. It was about as close to a clean hit as you can get. Looked like shoulder pad to chest, but since Davis was bracing for impact he leaned his face mask in just a bit. Still a punishing blow and nice play. Glad to see they're both alright.