QBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Didn't want to make a new thread for Dominic Raiola but that kid looks good out there. He's going to be interesting to watch. Calm, eyes move and see the field quickly and efficiently, which for a true freshman...

Wasn't too impressed by Georgia's QB today, though those were two good defenses out there.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Didn't want to make a new thread for Dominic Raiola but that kid looks good out there. He's going to be interesting to watch. Calm, eyes move and see the field quickly and efficiently, which for a true freshman...

Wasn't too impressed by Georgia's QB today, though those were two good defenses out there.

Carson Beck? He's still likely going top five. It's a strong class for quarterbacks in 2025.

Guy I'm looking at is Garrett Nussmeier (LSU), who I had in my mock 2025 offseason. Could vault himself into consideration if he has himself a strong year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's still as of now the #1 pick IMO would take a lot to change that.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe so. Whoever was throwing that ball out there for Nebraska. UTEP is a shitty defense I am sure but the QB has a Mahomes vibe going.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Weigman from Texas A&M wasn’t impressive at all. I heard him mentioned as a possible first round pick. He didn’t have any good receivers and Notre Dame has a good secondary, but when he had time to throw with guys open, he didn’t look good at all.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Weigman from Texas A&M wasn’t impressive at all. I heard him mentioned as a possible first round pick. He didn’t have any good receivers and Notre Dame has a good secondary, but when he had time to throw with guys open, he didn’t look good at all.
What about Drew Allar from Penn State? I've heard a lot of good things about him, and he's still quite young.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What about Drew Allar from Penn State? I've heard a lot of good things about him, and he's still quite young.
The jury is still out imo. He’s got a better scheme with Kotelnicki as the OC. So that should help.

He still stared down his primary target on some plays. I think most of his throws were a tick late. I’m not sure. Maybe he improves as the season goes on. So Im not sure yet. I keep thinking the game speed is a bit much for him. But….he was much better than Weigman.

Things are looking up for Missouri. When’s the last time they plucked the top QB prospect from PA? It seemed like PSU was a lock to get Zollees commitment. I read that Missouri got a big influx of Nil money from a corporate donor. They are going to need it to keep up. The Ohio State AD claims they spent 20 million dollars on their current team.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The jury is still out imo. He’s got a better scheme with Kotelnicki as the OC. So that should help.

He still stared down his primary target on some plays. I think most of his throws were a tick late. I’m not sure. Maybe he improves as the season goes on. So Im not sure yet. I keep thinking the game speed is a bit much for him. But….he was much better than Weigman.

Things are looking up for Missouri. When’s the last time they plucked the top QB prospect from PA? It seemed like PSU was a lock to get Zollees commitment. I read that Missouri got a big influx of Nil money from a corporate donor. They are going to need it to keep up. The Ohio State AD claims they spent 20 million dollars on their current team.

Everyone's better than Weigman. Jaxson Dart is a better prospect than Weigman, and he's a Day 2 prospect. I'd even take Brady Cook over Weigman as a college quarterback. I've never seen him as a serious prospect. Even Nussmeier, as little as he's played, has shown flashes of being elite. The person who picks Weigman in the first round will regret it.

Thanks for explaining about Allar, Elm. Seems like an interesting developmental quarterback for Day 2.

But yeah, Matthew Zollers. I hope we can keep him. We already lost one of the wideouts he tried to convince to UCF.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going to be an interesting year for sure
Will Rogers had a nice start for the Huskies, he's a guy I'd look at in mid rounds

methomas50

Rookie
I was impressed with Miler Moss. Accurate thrower, reads field well, doesn't turn it over, good arm. Not necessarily a future starter in the NFL but should at a minimum be a back up somewhere. Need to see Sheduer Sanders vs better competition. Got hit too much the other night. Travis Hunter has star written all over him is my biggest take away from Colorado.

Weigman did not look good. Really struggled.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I was impressed with Miler Moss. Accurate thrower, reads field well, doesn't turn it over, good arm. Not necessarily a future starter in the NFL but should at a minimum be a back up somewhere. Need to see Sheduer Sanders vs better competition. Got hit too much the other night. Travis Hunter has star written all over him is my biggest take away from Colorado.

Weigman did not look good. Really struggled.
Miller Moss and Garrett N at LSU look to have about the same abilities as QB to me.

Both would be decent back-ups. But starter material - no.

Both don't have over the top arms but they definitely could be a QB in Shanahans offense. They look like game managers to me.

Decent but not starter material.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Decent play but I still think both are at best game managers

Where is our old buddy to call them tractors?

Still like Nussmeier a lot. There's a lot to like about his arm strength; his problem is that he's a relative unknown.

I'd love to have Ewers, but I doubt he'll be available at #32. Nussmeier might. Allar might. Dart will. I'd focus on those three, especially over Weigman.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah Weigman is off to a shitty start. Ewers looking good today vs Michigan, who already seems like a different and lesser team without Harblaugh running the show.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Allar didn’t need to throw many passes today but when he did he was money. No throws behind targets. He went through his reads better too. He just needs to do that a little quicker. I actually think he may progress as the season goes on.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I know that it’s only September, but is there any QB who you guys think is potentially worth trading up for in the 2025 draft? I haven’t had much time to watch college football this autumn.

Unfortunately, Stafford cannot go on forever.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I know that it’s only September, but is there any QB who is potentially worth trading up for in the 2025 draft?

Unfortunately, Stafford cannot go on forever.

I'd trade up for Ewers. Problem is that we don't have much to trade up with; we don't have a second, and our two thirds would be better spent on players in the class.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trade up target would be a LT for now. Unless Stafford shows poorly or is hurt. QB targets are the unappreciated types, the ones who are on the board a bit, like into early round 2 or a dev type who has possible albeit unlikely QB1 upside.