Offensive Line

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I did not get to watch the game so I am just speculating but I am guessing that a BIG part of the Rams loss today was the the Rams Offensive Line able to pass block for Bradford and open running lanes/holes for Jackson. I do think the Rams defense will keep them in most of their games this season but if the Rams are going to win some games their Offensive Line is going to have to give Bradford more time and the RB's better run blocking. It is a shame that Saffold and Wells are hurt since I think if they were both playing the Rams could have very well have won their game today and have a much brighter outlook for the rest of the season. Hopefully, with a more playing time together the Rams current OL will get better but I am really hoping the Rams address their OL during the offseason (Draft, Free Agency, Trades, etc).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That had a lot to do with it, sure. But. Their secondary wasn't too shabby today either. They forced a few coverage sacks as well. Just a good defense, and we just don't have the firepower right now to put them away. Hung in for as long as we could, but that one turnover was too costly.

Shit happens.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is difficult beating the Bears in Chicago anytime but when you add the injuries (Brockers, Wells, Saffold, etc) and the fact that the Rams have a very young team and just makes beating the Bears that more difficult. But, like you mentioned the Rams hung in there for over three quarters and played quite well under the cirucmstances!

Speeps

Starter
Some people will over-react to this loss. Most notably the writers at STLToday, just like they over-reacted to the win. This game was closer than the score indicated.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The only place quinn ojinnaka should be starting is on the practice squad for an arena league football team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
The only place quinn ojinnaka should be starting is on the practice squad for an arena league football team.
Not many other options. Released and then brought back because of injuries.
Hey football gods! How about a fuckin' break down here, yeah!?!?

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Username said:

This.. I was pissed about him coming back. Yes he is a nice guy on Twitter, but cannot play. Sorry!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
ljramsfan said:
Username said:

This.. I was pissed about him coming back. Yes he is a nice guy on Twitter, but cannot play. Sorry!

To be fair...in reality he's the Rams 3rd option...not much you can expect when it comes to that.

I'm always disappointed in a loss, but this thing is turning around so much better than I would have ever thought. They are hanging in every game...no reason not to believe that another solid draft and another good FA pickup or 2 and this team makes a playoff run...then with some experience this young team will have a chance to be a dominant power.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm not saying that's there's anything they can do about it now. The fact that they neglected it in the offseason is why they're fucked in the first place though. I mean think about it. They started him all preseason even.

The attention given to the whole offensive line in the offseason is looking pretty bad.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
X said:
Username said:
Not many other options. Released and then brought back because of injuries.
Hey football gods! How about a fuckin' break down here, yeah!?!?

No kidding. I know we weren't deep on the O line going into the season, but it seriously seems like I've been blaming a lot of poor play over the years on injuries.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Sorry for the double post but a lot of time passed and thought this was the best place/thread to discuss this.

How have the 1st-2nd rd rookie OL from this draft been fairing? I believe Kalil has been great and I would've been sad if we would have traded pick #6 if he were still on the board. I think DeCastro is hurt. Reilly Reiff, idk?
Basically, it's because I'm wondering how much we can expect from OL with early picks in the draft. Aside from maybe a stud LT, seems most OL go later in the rounds and are still pretty solid, just not in the early weeks of their rookie season.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
If we can get through the next 3-4 weeks without any further injury to the O-Line and we get the others back, we can make a hard run through the rest of the season. I feel that there is much parity across the NFL that conference winners will have 10-11 wins, and wild card teams will be 8-9 game winners. We can do this, but we need to get healthy on the O-Line. I've always said it starts with the O-Line.

bluecoconuts

Legend
iBruce said:
Sorry for the double post but a lot of time passed and thought this was the best place/thread to discuss this.

How have the 1st-2nd rd rookie OL from this draft been fairing? I believe Kalil has been great and I would've been sad if we would have traded pick #6 if he were still on the board. I think DeCastro is hurt. Reilly Reiff, idk?
Basically, it's because I'm wondering how much we can expect from OL with early picks in the draft. Aside from maybe a stud LT, seems most OL go later in the rounds and are still pretty solid, just not in the early weeks of their rookie season.

Well we had Kalil in our laps and he'd really solidify the line, but in the end Brockers, Pead, Jenkins > Kalil. We had to do that trade. Didn't include Quick since we already had that pick.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Username said:
I'm not saying that's there's anything they can do about it now. The fact that they neglected it in the offseason is why they're fucked in the first place though. I mean think about it. They started him all preseason even.

The attention given to the whole offensive line in the offseason is looking pretty bad.

There were so many positions of need that we knew everything wouldnt be fixed right away. We knew that depth on the OL would be an issue (especially at OT), and RT was the only starting position that was a real concern. This was a unit that had 2 starters returning from last season. Injuries have hit there pretty hard, again. If they gave more attention to the OL in the offseason then maybe we are much weaker at DT or CB.