Langford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have been reading lots about traing camp and how players are doing, but when i read about our D-line i only hear about Brockers, Quinn and Long, with a little bit of Hayes and Sims thrown in. Where is Langford in all of this? Has anyone seen him do anything? Does he look better then last year?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's true. Not a lot of chatter about Langford right now.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmmm, looks like no one has heard much, if anything on him. surprising.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I am guilty of not reporting much about him specifically, but that is because he isn't doing anything to "stand out". Which IMO, means he is doing just fine. A guy in Langford's position, on THIS defensive line, is not going to be the guy who makes a lot of tackles for loss. Isn't the guy who is going to garner a lot of sacks. What he does, and is doing well, is taking on double teams, and forcing them to run outside. With all the "playmakers" on that Front Four, as long as Langford isn't being manhandled inside, that unit will excel.

Obviously, we have seen one practice with pads, so anything you get prior to that is akin to square dancing in the trenches.

The thing that really stands out about Langford really doesn't have as much to do with him, as it does about Brockers. Last year, when they lined up next to one another, if they didn't have numbers on their jerseys, you could not tell one from the other. This year, Brockers looks like a completely different human being physically. Again, not a slight against Langford, just and observation.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
CoachO said:
I am guilty of not reporting much about him specifically, but that is because he isn't doing anything to "stand out". Which IMO, means he is doing just fine. A guy in Langford's position, on THIS defensive line, is not going to be the guy who makes a lot of tackles for loss. Isn't the guy who is going to garner a lot of sacks. What he does, and is doing well, is taking on double teams, and forcing them to run outside. With all the "playmakers" on that Front Four, as long as Langford isn't being manhandled inside, that unit will excel.

Obviously, we have seen one practice with pads, so anything you get prior to that is akin to square dancing in the trenches.

The thing that really stands out about Langford really doesn't have as much to do with him, as it does about Brockers. Last year, when they lined up next to one another, if they didn't have numbers on their jerseys, you could not tell one from the other. This year, Brockers looks like a completely different human being physically. Again, not a slight against Langford, just and observation.

:nice:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks coach. As long as he doesnt make many mistakes and can take plenty of pressure off the rest of the line.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ljramsfan said:
At this point, Langford is JAG until proven otherwise

That's a bit harsh, IMO.

At DT it's about the ugly work they do and many times it goes unnoticed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
CGI_Ram said:
ljramsfan said:

That's a bit harsh, IMO.

lol couple stuff huh :p thank god for cell phone lol

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
CGI_Ram said:
ljramsfan said:

That's a bit harsh, IMO.

I didn't mean for it to come out that way but I meant like we know he is the starter and will not be knocked out of the starting job.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ljramsfan said:
CGI_Ram said:
ljramsfan said:

That's a bit harsh, IMO.

I didn't mean for it to come out that way but I meant like we know he is the starter and will not be knocked out of the starting job.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I hear you. DT is a dirty job. Stats don't measure the effectiveness.

It's a tricky position to measure performance.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He had an up and down year according to Pro Football Focus, but we also have to remember that he didn't have Brockers for a little while, AND he was changing positions, essentially. I think it'll come together for him this year and he'll be more consistent and maybe close to dominant. He was a pretty decent 3-4 DE in Miami and Fisher wanted this cat for a reason.

fearsomefour

Legend
Hey, every Deacon Jones needs a Lamar Lundy. I think he will have a bit of a bounce back year. I would also expect the Rams to invest a high draft pick in a DT next year to really complete the rotation and get maybe a step up in that other DT spot.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm thinking that the press, and most people really, has so many others that people are keying on that a worker like Langford just isn't going to garner a lot of attention. Honestly, I haven't heard much about Court or Hayes either for that matter. Not concerned until I oughta be.