James Earl Jones dies at age 93

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is borderline a tragedy. One of the great actors and voices I've ever seen.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
93 is a long life….and well deserved.
Truly, one of the greatest to ever hit the screen.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Lion King is a movie I watched a million times as a kid. There was just something about Mufasa's voice that spoke to me on a deep level. Also watched Star Wars, and James Earl Jones played Darth Vader like Darth Vader would want himself to be portrayed.

May he rest in peace and paradise.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What a bummer. RIP my man.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
93 is a long-life; and it seems to have been well-enjoyed.

Many terrific roles and films, including a few that don't receive as much mention. For those who enjoy movies, I recommend A Family Thing (with another film legend in Robert Duval, who is also 93), Gardens of Stone (with James Caan and Anjelica Houston), The Bingo Long Traveling All Stars and Motor Kings (with Richard Pryor and Billy Dee Williams) and the Great White Hope.

About 12 years ago, my wife and I went to a play (The Best Man) solely because of the all-star-cast; and, at the top-of-the-list for us were Angela Lansbury and James Earl Jones. OK play but wonderful to see them on stage.

His guest performance in the Big Bang Theory, where he played a version of himself, was a late-life-joy.

Psycho_X

Legend
Beyond his voicework I always loved him in Field of Dreams and he played a great Admiral Greer in the original Jack Ryan movies. A true Hollywood legend. RIP.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
93 is a long-life; and it seems to have been well-enjoyed.

Many terrific roles and films, including a few that don't receive as much mention. For those who enjoy movies, I recommend A Family Thing (with another film legend in Robert Duval, who is also 93), Gardens of Stone (with James Caan and Anjelica Houston), The Bingo Long Traveling All Stars and Motor Kings (with Richard Pryor and Billy Dee Williams) and the Great White Hope.

About 12 years ago, my wife and I went to a play (The Best Man) solely because of the all-star-cast; and, at the top-of-the-list for us were Angela Lansbury and James Earl Jones. OK play but wonderful to see them on stage.

His guest performance in the Big Bang Theory, where he played a version of himself, was a late-life-joy.
You forget his immortal performance in Soul Man with C. Thomas Howell, Arye Gross and Rae Dawn Chong!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
One of my all time favorites. Really sad to see him go. 93 is a long life. Still tough though. RIP Mr. Jones.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
You forget his immortal performance in Soul Man with C. Thomas Howell, Arye Gross and Rae Dawn Chong!
Did not see that one. Was it really any good? If you see either A Family Thing or Gardens of Stone, and do not like those movies ... welll ... we can no longer be BFFs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did not see that one. Was it really any good? If you see either A Family Thing or Gardens of Stone, and do not like those movies ... welll ... we can no longer be BFFs.
I liked it but it's not very politically correct!