hmmm...Barksdale eh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5856/rodger-saffold" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5856/rodger-saffold</a>

Rams RT Rodger Saffold (knee) says he's "between 90 and 100 percent" healthy.

Saffold was removed from the injury report this week and will suit up for Sunday's game against the Panthers. However, it's yet to be determined if he or fill-in Joe Barksdale will get the start. Barksdale has graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 5 overall right tackle since taking over in Week 2. Oct 18 - 11:11 AM

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I think we should leave well enough alone why fix what ain't broke when saffold is probably not 100 percent and might break again

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Tell Saffold to start learning left guard and maybe he'll get back into the starting lineup!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd put Saffold at LG and call it done.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd like to see Barksdale as our RT moving forward.
I've seen enough of Saffold as a guy we can rely upon from week to week and season to season.
Continuity is HUGE on the OLine and Rodger can't provide that.

Add to that Barksdale's solid play thusfar.

V3

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
I'd put Saffold at LG and call it done.

I'm kinda with you(wouldn't do it until he proves he can do it in practice). I'd leave Barks at RT and try working Saffold into LG. I'm not sure if it'll work but he's going to have to work on it in practice a while before being able to play in a real game. I think he'd probably be better off in the long run at OG but it's probably a moot point if he can't stay healthy. I've heard some people say that he'd probably be injured less at OG and I've heard some say the opposite. Not sure which is true but all I know is he shouldn't play RT for the Rams now that Barks has grabbed hold of the position and you can count on him not getting injured.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Tell Saffold to learn guard and give Chris Williams his walking papers.

Perfect remedy.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
We all stay pissed at Saffold for getting injured all the time - me just as much as anyone. But let's not fool ourselves, if Saffold is healthy he is the better option over Barksdale.
Someone mentioned continuity earlier, and that may be the key. The line knows Barks now, Sam has got to trust him. He may just have not screwed up enough to be the better guy regardless of talent level.
Since Saffold will want to walk at the end of the year either way, we could just go ahead and move forward with Barks for the duration.
It's good to have options either way.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ky Ram said:
We all stay pissed at Saffold for getting injured all the time - me just as much as anyone. But let's not fool ourselves, if Saffold is healthy he is the better option over Barksdale.
Someone mentioned continuity earlier, and that may be the key. The line knows Barks now, Sam has got to trust him. He may just have not screwed up enough to be the better guy regardless of talent level.
Since Saffold will want to walk at the end of the year either way, we could just go ahead and move forward with Barks for the duration.

did you read the beginning of the thread?

"Just not screwing up" doesn't get you a top 5 grade...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think this week, we have Saffold as the backup swing tackle. He can play both sides very well, so let's keep him from starting and maybe he won't get hurt.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
iced said:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5856/rodger-saffold

Rams RT Rodger Saffold (knee) says he's "between 90 and 100 percent" healthy.

Saffold was removed from the injury report this week and will suit up for Sunday's game against the Panthers. However, it's yet to be determined if he or fill-in Joe Barksdale will get the start. Barksdale has graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 5 overall right tackle since taking over in Week 2. Oct 18 - 11:11 AM

Ky Ram said:
If barks grades out as a top 5 right tackle since he started starting I would say he needs to stay and am confused at your "He may just have not screwed up enough to be the better guy regardless" comment comes from.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have heard since the beginning of time the best five start......if that is the case.....

Rodger Saffold must be our new starting Offensive LEFT Guard!

If that not the case then throw that nugget of wisdom in the garbage because Chris Williams is the weak link and Saffold is the Rams most versatile Ram OL'er.

Fisher has been rotating the OLG's the last two games so would be the problem of rotating in Saffold????