Fisher knows Schaub/Kubiak offense: Advantage Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I saw this piece on ESPN. It makes sense that Fisher should know what to expect and that could give us an advantage we've not considered?

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/1stand10-13week6/biggest-nfl-games-week-6-john-clayton-first-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/1st ... n-first-10</a>

The Schaub decision: Has the NFL figured out Schaub and the Kubiak offense? Something isn't right. Schaub's game is bootlegs and accurate passes. In five games, he's thrown nine interceptions, including four taken back for touchdowns. Andre Johnson hasn't caught a touchdown pass in five games, something that hasn't happened since 2005. Fans have given up on Schaub. What will it take for Kubiak to make a switch? It won't help that the Texans play the St. Louis Rams. Jeff Fisher is the former coach of the Tennessee Titans, a team that played Schaub twice a year. If defenses are reading Schaub's mind, Fisher should have an even better idea of what to do against him. It's starting to look as though the Texans might have to consider replacing Schaub after the season.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I was thinking that we play the AFC south this year, maybe Fisher is saving all the fire and mustard for his former division rivals. . . .

y2joey

UDFA
Fisher hasn't coached the Titans since 2010. I'm sure Kubiak has made adjustments that will have him prepared for Fish.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, it should help at least a little!

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
On the other hand Kubiak knows Fisher's tendencies as well and his style of defense hasn't changed a whole lot in the last few years.

IMO the key to this game on defense will be our ability (or lack of) to generate some turnovers. It appeared that we tightened up coverage last week a bit and slowed the running game of Jax. If we can pressure Schaub and contain Foster we have a chance to pull out a win. Johnson and Hopkins could be a handful though.

On offense and ST we just need to execute and avoid costly penalties. The rooks on ST in particular need to start playing more in control and quit having us start drives at the 10 yard line. Getting something out of our run game would go a long way to keeping us in this one.

jap

Legend
These ST guys are gonna have to start getting slapped around for screwing with Tavon's Rookie of the Year opportunities. This is part of the price you pay for having a lot of youth on a team. Nevertheless, at some point the youngsters just have to grow the hell up! Tavon's legs sans penalties could have helped make the difference in a couple of losses - including one of the blowouts he had gotten into a groove early on. I'm tired of seeing this young team shackled with poor field position so often.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jap said:
I'm tired of seeing this young team shackled with poor field position so often.

This is an aspect of the game we tend to glaze over.

But the Rams starting inside their 20 really limits the playbook as opposed to starting out around the 30/40.

I sick of it too!