Favorite unheralded RAM player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's a toss up for me.
Roman Phifer or Toby Wright.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hmmm. Ron Brown wasn't all that "heralded" was he? Keith Lyle? Leroy Irvin?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Some that come to mind...

Robert Delpino
Irv Pankey
Barry Redden
Jeff Kemp ... obviously he became hated
Mike Guman

Sorry for misspelling some of these... I'm on my phone.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone remember "cankles"?

Sent via Tapatalk2.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry - gotta put Pat Haden in there. I know - I know. Short QB with bad stats. Kinda defines unheralded - eh?

So does Lawrence McCutcheon count? How 'bout Isiah Robertson or Dave Elmendorf?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Love all of those but I think mine would be John Capeletti. What a great story, too.

Toby Wright could sure lay the wood. Loved to watch him play. Hopefully Snead and The Fish can find someone like him in the upcoming draft.

nittany ram

Rookie
RamFan503 said:
Sorry - gotta put Pat Haden in there. I know - I know. Short QB with bad stats. Kinda defines unheralded - eh?

So does Lawrence McCutcheon count? How 'bout Isiah Robertson or Dave Elmendorf?

The way I define an "unheralded" player, McCutcheon, Robertson and Elmondorf would not count. They were all 'heralded' at the time. They have tons of probowls between them.

To me an unheralded player would be a player who played well but just didn't get the attention. He'd be a player that fans of other teams may not have even heard of. So I think Pat Haden doesn't fit either.

To me an unheralded player would be a guy like Ernie Conwell, Mike Guman, Cody Jones...

nittany ram

Rookie
BigRamFan said:
Love all of those but I think mine would be John Capeletti. What a great story, too.

Toby Wright could sure lay the wood. Loved to watch him play. Hopefully Snead and The Fish can find someone like him in the upcoming draft.

Yeah, Cappy's a good one. ;)

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
nittany ram said:
BigRamFan said:

Yeah, Cappy's a good one. ;)

I would expect you might agree Nittany.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Steven Jackson.

For all the praise guys like Turner, Peterson, MJD, Gore, Forte, Foster get...and rightfully so...Jack has been gettin looked over. Aside from the maddening label of "a waste of a career."

I just think that b/c it feels like Cedric fuckin Benson has gotten more publicity than Jack.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Elvis Peacock!

Just kidding.

I was a big Flipper, Phifer, Ron Brown (who I got to meet, and was at his 2 TD return game), Ernie Conwell, David Hill (who was a load to tackle), Keith Lyle, the Donut Brothers (had about as much to do with our turnaround than anything), was a huge Vince Ferragamo fan, Rod Perry, Pat Thomas, and Jim Youngblood, Daryl Richardson, Ryan Pickett, others...

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Kevin Curtis. If the Rams had drafted this guy in say 2008 instead of 2003, he'd be Wes Welker right now. No doubt in my mind. The shift to passing and speed guys, he'd be a demon right now. Too bad with his cancer and what not, but he really could have been a star.

Clifton Ryan. What happened man? He lead the league in stops at one point in time, I thought he'd develop into a rock solid DT. It all went amiss after that stupid fumble return/concussion bit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Would the entire offensive line of the Greatest Show on Turf (Pace, Nutten, Gruttadauria, McCollum, Timmerman, and Tucker) count? Seriously, I don't think anyone gives these guys the credit they rightfully deserve.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Tom Nutten. Dane Looker. Jamie Martin.

I don't think I EVER saw Martin make a mistake with the ball, but OH MY his arm was WELL below average, IF he had Sams arm heda been as good as Manning.