Evaluators concur: 2014 OTs better than 2013s

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Evaluators concur: 2014 OTs better than 2013s

An NFC personnel man said that this year's offensive tackle class is better than the 2013 version that saw three OTs picked in the top four selections.

"The two guys on top of the board this year are better than all four of those guys last year," he said, referring, of course, to Texas A&M’s Jake Matthews and Auburn’s Greg Robinson. "These two are for real," the personnel man continued. "I mean Eric Fisher (last year’s No. 1 pick by Kansas City), he’s OK. I’m not sure he should have been No. 1 overall. Either one of these guys could be. But the crazy thing is they may drop." An AFC executive interviewed in the story agreed with the sentiment: "Those two guys this year are in a different class. I think all the guys from last year started off as right tackles, if I’m not mistaken. These two can go right in and play the left side for you. They’re that good." Of Matthews, the personnel man said: "Take him and don’t worry about anything. You have a left tackle for the next whatever many years."
Source: NJ.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/0/nfl-draft-headlines

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Would sure be happy with one of them. Same for Clowney and Watkins.
I don't see how we can mess up this first pick.

SierraRam

Recreational User
There are so many scenarios and all seem pretty damn good! We should be able to adress our biggest needs (OL, DB) with quality AND maybe get a bonus pick like Donald.

Getting one of those top OT's is key IMHO.