Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Good run game, and Tannehill has looked comfortable the last two weeks. Gonna have to stop the run and make Tannehill uncomfortable for sure... Defense is pretty solid, but it can be beat.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
Good run game, and Tannehill has looked comfortable the last two weeks. Gonna have to stop the run and make Tannehill uncomfortable for sure... Defense is pretty solid, but it can be beat.

+1

Ill add that they boast the the #1 ranked run D. Having already faced Run DMC and Arian Foster, that no fluke.

They are vulnerable against the pass tho.

Bradford plays well + Reggie Bush Rushes for <100 yards = Rams Win

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is from a Dolphins BBS

A few interesting team statistics that I havent seen too many people talking about: 1) The Dolphins are allowing...
...the 10th most QB hits in the NFL. For all this talk about improved OL play, that's still a concern.

2) The Dolphins are 12th in the NFL in converting 3rd downs (41%). That's good but suggests there's room for improvement.

3) On the flip side, the Dolphins are an ELITE 3rd down defense - holding opponents to just a 26% success rate on 3rd down. That's #2 in the NFL and just percentage points below the Texans for #1.

4) All this talk of the Dolphins new up-tempo offense does show in the stats. The Dolphins have run 348 plays from scrimmage - the 4th most in the NFL despite being just 12th in time of possession.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
libertadrocks said:
bluecoconuts said:

+1

Ill add that they boast the the #1 ranked run D. Having already faced Run DMC and Arian Foster, that no fluke.

They can thank Paul Soliai and Jared Odrick for the rushing defense. Soliai is one of the best nose tackles in the NFL (he's criminally underrated), and Odrick is a former first round pick. If we're going to win, we have to pick on their cornerbacks all day long. Koa Misi is the linebacker opposite of Wake, and he's also a run-stopping force. Both linebackers suck in coverage, though, and aside from Sean Smith, there isn't a soul in the secondary that scares me.

Dolphins12

UDFA
Memento said:
libertadrocks said:
bluecoconuts said:

+1

They can thank Paul Soliai and Jared Odrick for the rushing defense. Soliai is one of the best nose tackles in the NFL (he's criminally underrated), and Odrick is a former first round pick. If we're going to win, we have to pick on their cornerbacks all day long. Koa Misi is the linebacker opposite of Wake, and he's also a run-stopping force. Both linebackers suck in coverage, though, and aside from Sean Smith, there isn't a soul in the secondary that scares me.

If you're going to mention Odrick then you might as well mention a player who is in another world of importance from him and that's randy starks who's been dominant against the run and getting to the QBs with 3.5 sacks and many pressures. Our linebackers have also made sure no RB that get's lucky enough to get past our d line go for a long run this season. Dansby has been playing great as he should for what we are paying him.

I agree our secondary has holes but with Sean Smith living up to the potential we drafted him containing receivers like Fitzgerald and AJ green to 60 yards I see no reason why he should be able to shut down your next number 1 receiver (sucks you lost amendola and I heard he could've died from that injury pretty damn scary hopes he gets better soon) but someone who has blown our minds is how well Reshad Jones has been playing great at safety he's been making huge strides for a guy drafted at the 5th round, he's also the number 1 rated safety on PFF (ProFootballFocus).

And yeah the reason why Soliai is underrated is because he plays for the dolphins who get no media spotlight most of the time (we have no monday night games this year too). He sure was a great 4th round pick. he's the heart of our run defense a complete samoan badass lol but at least he's finally getting spotlight seeing as he finally was chosen for the pro bowl last year. Also were you saying Wake was a linebacker, because he's not he's or DE pass rusher who's been doing great rushing the QB up there in the most hurries in the nfl and 5.5 sacks but most importantly is how great he's become against the run allowing no RBs trying to stretch a run to the sidelines on his side which adds to why our run defense has become so good (even tho we've been top 5 against the run for past 5 years).

I think our biggest threat is your RB and defense which has been playing solid but I think we can do it and hopefully you guys can complete our 20 games straight without allowing a rusher go for 100 yards rushing (longest streak in the nfl and franchise record :omg: ) Good luck to yall anyway and hopefully a injury free game for both of us.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dolphins12 said:
Memento said:
libertadrocks said:
bluecoconuts said:

+1

If you're going to mention Odrick then you might as well mention a player who is in another world of importance from him and that's randy starks who's been dominant against the run and getting to the QBs with 3.5 sacks and many pressures. Our linebackers have also made sure no RB that get's lucky enough to get past our d line go for a long run this season. Dansby has been playing great as he should for what we are paying him.

I agree our secondary has holes but with Sean Smith living up to the potential we drafted him containing receivers like Fitzgerald and AJ green to 60 yards I see no reason why he should be able to shut down your next number 1 receiver (sucks you lost amendola and I heard he could've died from that injury pretty damn scary hopes he gets better soon) but someone who has blown our minds is how well Reshad Jones has been playing great at safety he's been making huge strides for a guy drafted at the 5th round, he's also the number 1 rated safety on PFF (ProFootballFocus).

And yeah the reason why Soliai is underrated is because he plays for the dolphins who get no media spotlight most of the time (we have no monday night games this year too). He sure was a great 4th round pick. he's the heart of our run defense a complete samoan badass lol but at least he's finally getting spotlight seeing as he finally was chosen for the pro bowl last year. Also were you saying Wake was a linebacker, because he's not he's or DE pass rusher who's been doing great rushing the QB with the most hurries in the nfl I believe and 5.5 sacks but most importantly is how great he's become against the run allowing no RBs trying to stretch a run to the sidelines on his side which adds to why our run defense has become so good (even tho we've been top 5 against the run for past 5 years).

I think our biggest threat is your RB and defense which has been playing solid but I think we can do it and hopefully you guys can completer our 20 games straight without allowing a rusher go for 100 yards rushing (longest streak in the nfl and franchise record :omg: ) Good luck to yall anyway and hopefully a injury free game for both of us.

Good info - thanks. Like the good ole black font.

I'm looking for Tanny to get a steady diet of Long and Quinn. I have to admit, I'm not too familiar with the Fins this year. All I can hope for is that Fish (not to be confused with the wet mammals to the south) will have the edge in the game plan and our guys step up. Both teams have been playing well of late and this should be a very good game.

Rams 20 - Fins 10

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What green font? :shifty: :lol:

Dolphins12

UDFA
RamFan503 said:
Dolphins12 said:
Memento said:
libertadrocks said:
bluecoconuts said:

+1

And yeah the reason why Soliai is underrated is because he plays for the dolphins who get no media spotlight most of the time (we have no monday night games this year too). He sure was a great 4th round pick. he's the heart of our run defense a complete samoan badass lol but at least he's finally getting spotlight seeing as he finally was chosen for the pro bowl last year. Also were you saying Wake was a linebacker, because he's not he's or DE pass rusher who's been doing great rushing the QB with the most hurries in the nfl I believe and 5.5 sacks but most importantly is how great he's become against the run allowing no RBs trying to stretch a run to the sidelines on his side which adds to why our run defense has become so good (even tho we've been top 5 against the run for past 5 years).

I think our biggest threat is your RB and defense which has been playing solid but I think we can do it and hopefully you guys can completer our 20 games straight without allowing a rusher go for 100 yards rushing (longest streak in the nfl and franchise record :omg: ) Good luck to yall anyway and hopefully a injury free game for both of us.

Good info - thanks. Like the good ole black font.

I'm looking for Tanny to get a steady diet of Long and Quinn. I have to admit, I'm not too familiar with the Fins this year. All I can hope for is that Fish (not to be confused with the wet mammals to the south) will have the edge in the game plan and our guys step up. Both teams have been playing well of late and this should be a very good game.

Rams 20 - Fins 10
lol sorry for that yeah should be a good game, I think our overall offensive line with Jake Long, Pouncy (arguably the best center right now I say he will be a lock for the pro bowl) and Johnathin Martin our second round pick projected to have gone late 1st who has been getting better week by week should do a decent job against those beasts along with who some consider dirty richi incognito (I just say he's very aggressive) and jerry who's been doing a great job ever since getting back into shape (lost about 25 pounds). I expect a lot of pressures from those 2 beasts you mentioned will be hard to contain them but tbh and I mean no offense either I think it will be Sam getting the good diet against a dline who's number 1 against the run and 7th most sacks in the nfl (tied with you lol) and the reason why I think it's the other way around is because your o-line hasn't been really all that great this year with 21 sacks allowed and 30 QB hits. Will this be your first encounter with Cam Wake :cheese: Should be a close game I think we will win by a field or 1 touchdown because even tho you are missing your best receiver, you are bound to have players step up for his absence.

Edit: I also will eat my crow if we lose here tho :lol: I hope both our teams will be elite in the NFL soon once the rebuilding process is fully over. kind of how the 49ers and Lions(although they're struggling right now I think they will get back in it soon) who use to look like easy wins for most teams in the NFL not so long ago.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - well I'll bet the tip of my ring finger on this game. :sly:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
libertadrocks said:
bluecoconuts said:

+1

Agree ... we need to mix up our run with Jackson and Richardson and this will open up the passing game .. worries me that Sam's main receiver is out ... But .... We can win this !!

Go RAMMMMMSSSS !!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This match up is very similar to the last two games. The Rams are playing another stout D with a very mediocre O. Sound familiar? Except this time, it's on the road, thus, a closer victory. I think the Rams are built for games like this, low scoring snot slingers.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Dolphins12, you think Hartline is the real deal, or a flash in the pan?

I have always liked Hartline, but not as a number one type WR, as a complimentary WR. A #2-4 type guy. His numbers this year have been pretty astounding. 2 100 yard games, including his 250 against Arizona, and 3 solid games against stout secondaries.

Dolphins12

UDFA
libertadrocks said:
Dolphins12, you think Hartline is the real deal, or a flash in the pan?

I have always liked Hartline, but not as a number one type WR, as a complimentary WR. A #2-4 type guy. His numbers this year have been pretty astounding. 2 100 yard games, including his 250 against Arizona, and 3 solid games against stout secondaries.
I was hoping for this game against the rams to see if hartline is the real deal although it wouldn't be that huge of a shocker since he has been playing with our mediocre QBs in the past while Brandon Marshall got almost all the looks from our QBs, and now finally hartline is getting a chance to shine as a #1 with what appears to be a very good rookie QB. But I;m like you I think for now he's a very solid #2 and our owner has even mentioned I main priority is getting a WR (and we better if that's the case with 50 mil next year in cap space with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds). But yeah your secondary will put him to the test and if he does great then :nana: But another thing that helps our Tannehill to Hartline connection is that hartline has always specialized in catches near the sideline making spectacular catches in tight windows keeping his feet in bounds while Tannehill is very accurate and threw a lot in the same direction towards the sidelines in College. Either way we shall se I expect tannehill to have a good game now that we are finally bringing a #3 WR since we've only been using 2 WRs for some reason.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
All I know is I'm going to be sick watching Reggie Bush gash that porous run defense. I'm thinking the good guys are going to have to jump out front to an early lead to keep that Phin run game at bay, al'a last weeks win. If the offense can put up like 10 points in the first quarter, it'll make their time in South Beach much more enjoyable.